PDA

View Full Version : Minn. lawmaker vows not to complete Census

PoliCon
06-17-2009, 10:20 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Minn. lawmaker vows not to complete Census

By Stephen Dinan | Wednesday, June 17, 2009

EXCLUSIVE:

Outspoken Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann says she's so worried that information from next year's national census will be abused that she will refuse to fill out anything more than the number of people in her household.

In an interview Wednesday morning with The Washington Times "America's Morning News," Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, said the questions have become "very intricate, very personal" and she also fears ACORN, the community organizing group that came under fire for its voter registration efforts last year, will be part of the Census Bureau's door-to-door information collection efforts.

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," she said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

Shelly Lowe, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Census Bureau, said Mrs. Bachmann is "misreading" the law.

CONTINUED (http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/17/exclusive-minn-lawmaker-fears-census-abuse/)

The lady has a point.

Milly
06-18-2009, 10:34 AM
At this point any kind of resistance to any plan of the administration is a stand for Constitutional principals.

However, I'm an amateur genealogist, so I know how important the Census is for family research.

What I'm planning on doing is answering ONLY those questions that were on the 1880 Census (the one I've found most useful). There are 10 of them: Name, Birth Year, Birthplace, Age, Occupation, Marital Status, Race, Relationship to Head of Household, Father's Birthplace & Mother's Birthplace.

Seems like a very peaceful sort of civil disobedience, doesn't it? :)

BTW, the fine for not completing the census form is $100, while the fine for misleading information is $500.

hazlnut
06-18-2009, 11:55 AM
What is the deal with Minn? How can they take that wing-nut seriously.

Milly
06-18-2009, 01:33 PM

I'm not sure she IS a wing-nut.

http://www.lizmichael.com/census.htm

There seems to be some justification for her concern, if the link is true.

hazlnut
06-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure she IS a wing-nut.

http://www.lizmichael.com/census.htm

There seems to be some justification for her concern, if the link is true.

Concern -- fair enough. But that is not how she expressed it.

I'm not saying she's going to eat the census taker's liver with some fava beans and a bottle of chianti. But she' a little wacky.:(:o

jinxmchue
06-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I with Michelle. They don't need to know anything more that the number of people living here.

And does anyone know how I can prevent them from taking the GPS coordinates of my house?

jinxmchue
06-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Shelly Lowe, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Census Bureau

...which is now being directly run by and from the Obama White House...

hazlnut
06-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I with Michelle. They don't need to know anything more that the number of people living here.

And does anyone know how I can prevent them from taking the GPS coordinates of my house?

Better check with Bachman on that one...:rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
06-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Better check with Bachman on that one...:rolleyes:

Please refer to her as "Congresswoman". She has worked hard to get where she is, she deserves at least that much.

I'm sorry, wrong politician. I just heard you say "she" and "wing-nut".

AlmostThere
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM

C4

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 05:40 PM

Lord you are such a trite little leftist. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 05:42 PM

shoot them for trespassing and hide the body in the back 40.