PDA

View Full Version : Dozens Protest Killing of Geese Near Airports

PoliCon
06-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Did you hear that? DOZENS!:rolleyes:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/dozens-protest-killing-of-geese-near-airports/

Just a few blocks north of Union Square, a crowd gathered outside the headquarters of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey on Tuesday afternoon to protest New York City’s plan to kill at least 2,000 geese during their molting season, a time when the geese cannot fly. The protesters accused the mayor’s office of planning the action in secret, in conjunction with the federal Agriculture Department and the Port Authority.

The Port Authority brushed off the protest, insisting that the culling was necessary to prevent bird strikes — and adding a rhyme for good measure. “Our responsibility is to think about safety for people before peace for geese,” a Port Authority spokesman, Stephen Sigmund, said.

The authorities announced the plan to kill the geese on Thursday, in response to the bird strike that resulted in the nearly disastrous ditching of US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River in January. The first 100 geese were killed on Monday.

The protesters asserted that the geese culling was both inhumane and ineffective. can we PLEASE gas the protesters??? PLEASE!?

megimoo
06-17-2009, 10:45 PM

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/dozens-protest-killing-of-geese-near-airports/

can we PLEASE gas the protesters??? PLEASE!?Bury them in an AirBorne drop of green gooey goose shit !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRfXfjeKUuQ

stsinner
06-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh, cry me a river.. What should they do-shut down the airport??

PoliCon
06-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh, cry me a river.. What should they do-shut down the airport??

The left would LOVE to see that. After all - restrictions on travel are among the lefts ultimate goals.

linda22003
06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
The left would LOVE to see that. After all - restrictions on travel are among the lefts ultimate goals.

Now, for THAT assertion I'm going to need to see some proof.

linda22003
06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Bumping this one up - PoliCon, do you have something to back up your assertion?

stsinner
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM

I don't know-they seem to be just fine with people traveling across our Southern border... :D

But really, I don't know that they have anything against travel. I think I'm with Linda on this one, as shocking as that may be..

Oh, wait-now I get it-they are against travel because if you can't travel, you can't have job and are a guaranteed government dependent Democrat voter.

linda22003
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I just want to know what he means. Considering that Cuba will probably be open to us at any moment now, I can't see in what ways they'd be behind travel restrictions.

noonwitch
06-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I can't believe those damned geese are a protected species. There are enough around Michigan to feed thousands of hungry people.

hazlnut
06-18-2009, 03:05 PM

can we PLEASE gas the protesters??? PLEASE!?

I don't know about that, but this is a public safety issue and these birds got to go.

PoliCon
06-18-2009, 07:59 PM

What? I can't have my own tin foil hat conspiracies??? :p

linda22003
06-19-2009, 07:57 AM
What's the basis for your belief, then? Should I not be planning to go back to Paris in February?

lacarnut
06-19-2009, 08:11 AM

It is a JOKE. You are mighty crotchety this am.

linda22003
06-19-2009, 08:15 AM
No, I'm not at all crotchety this morning. I'm in a good mood. I just think people should explain what they mean when they drop a stone into the pond. There was nothing in the original post to indicate that it was a "joke". Of all the things that this administration may be going after, the freedom to travel is hardly going to be one of them.

lacarnut
06-19-2009, 08:21 AM
I just think people should explain what they mean when they drop a stone into the pond. There was nothing in the original post to indicate that it was a "joke". Of all the things that this administration may be going after, the freedom to travel is hardly going to be one of them.

Are you serious? Hanging on every word or statememt someone makes. Lighten up Lucille.

Lars1701a
06-19-2009, 12:32 PM
No, I'm not at all crotchety this morning. I'm in a good mood. I just think people should explain what they mean when they drop a stone into the pond. There was nothing in the original post to indicate that it was a "joke". Of all the things that this administration may be going after, the freedom to travel is hardly going to be one of them.

Lighten up francis

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 05:27 PM
What's the basis for your belief, then? Should I not be planning to go back to Paris in February?

welp we have members of the ruling elite - the political class - pushing for high energy prices - pushing for high gas prices - pushing for cars that can't go more than 40 miles - pushing for travel restrictions - all means of controlling our movements.

linda22003
06-19-2009, 06:14 PM
So because you don't have a lot of money when gas prices go up, it's a government conspiracy? We're going to Paris for about $500 less than we paid in 2007, mostly because of the time of year, but we think it's OUR responsibility to afford it. Fortunately, we don't find it difficult.

Rockntractor
06-19-2009, 06:19 PM
So because you don't have a lot of money when gas prices go up, it's a government conspiracy? We're going to Paris for about $500 less than we paid in 2007, mostly because of the time of year, but we think it's OUR responsibility to afford it. Fortunately, we don't find it difficult.
I try to be nice to Mrs. Numbers 90% of my money comes from rich bitches.

linda22003
06-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I try to be nice to Mrs. Numbers 90% of my money comes from rich bitches.

I'd love to show you Paris, Trackie. :cool:

Rockntractor
06-19-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd love to show you Paris, Trackie. :cool:

I'm not very civilized anymore It would be kinda like the George of the jungle movie when the lady took george to the city.

linda22003
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
The French love pets. They would think that's what you were. :p

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 11:52 PM

Linda dear - what is the ultimate purpose of the welfare state?