PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military Set to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles,

Rebel Yell
06-19-2009, 01:08 PM
The U.S. military is planning to intercept a flagged North Korean ship suspected of proliferating weapons material in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed last Friday, FOX News has learned.

The USS John McCain, a navy destroyer, will intercept the ship Kang Nam as soon as it leaves the vicinity off the coast of China, according to a senior U.S. defense official. The order to inderdict has not been given yet, but the ship is getting into position.

The ship left a port in North Korea Wednesday and appears to be heading toward Singapore, according to a senior U.S. military source. The vessel, which the military has been tracking since its departure, could be carrying weaponry, missile parts or nuclear materials, a violation of U.N. Resolution 1874, which put sanctions in place against Pyongyang............
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/19/military-set-intercept-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferatin-missiles-nukes/

Isn't it ironic, don'tcha think?

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 05:54 PM
They need to stop it - they need to make clear who the intended recipients were - and they need to end Kim Jong Il.

Lars1701a
06-19-2009, 05:57 PM
How the Frack do we know all about this? who is reporting it the MSM?

stsinner
06-19-2009, 06:02 PM
It's on Drudge.

One problem we'll have is if the N. Koreans have loaded the ship with cabbage or peas or something so that when we pull back the tarp we are a laughing stock.. If they do that a couple of times, international support for these searches will dwindle, and then we'll stop doing it and clear the way for them to really ship nukes to our enemies..

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 06:05 PM
How the Frack do we know all about this? who is reporting it the MSM?
click on the damn link and find out! :rolleyes:

SPYDER
06-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I'M READY!!!!

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/emergency_party_button.jpg

lacarnut
06-19-2009, 09:59 PM
John Bolton thinks we should follow the ship and see if we can convince the port country that they should not take delivery. The ship would have to go back to N.K. and it would be an embarrassment to them. Boarding the ship in international water would be an act of war. Boarding at port would not.

megimoo
06-19-2009, 10:20 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/19/military-set-intercept-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferatin-missiles-nukes/

Isn't it ironic, don'tcha think?BY now there is an American fast attack sub following the Chinese sub !

Lars1701a
06-19-2009, 11:01 PM
click on the damn link and find out! :rolleyes:

Sorry I ment how does navel movements get reported on?

Sonnabend
06-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Sorry I ment how does navel movements get reported on?

You watch your belly go up and down.

Oh you meant NAVAL...

FlaGator
06-20-2009, 11:02 AM
The navy no authority to board the ship with out permission of the North Korean captain. Do you really think that Obama is going to take any action that the U.N. hasn't authorized? The best that come of this is to follow them to their destination and attempt to track the suspect cargo.

AmPat
06-20-2009, 04:05 PM
We could just take the ship and swear we thought it was the USS Pueblo.:cool:

megimoo
06-20-2009, 04:18 PM
We could just take the ship and swear we thought it was the USS Pueblo.:cool:Or it could lose the rudder and screw and go in circles !

PoliCon
06-20-2009, 11:40 PM
just sink it and play stupid. Damn thing looks fit to rust into bits . . . .

Bubba Dawg
06-21-2009, 10:41 AM
You watch your belly go up and down.

Oh you meant NAVAL...

Sonna, I must defend Lars....he is into meditation and stuff so he sits in a lotus position and actually does contemplate his navel....

AmPat
06-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Sonna, I must defend Lars....he is into meditation and stuff so he sits in a lotus position and actually does contemplate his navel....

Warning, thread jack in progress:
Actually, he contemplates the many uses of the lint contained within.:)

Rockntractor
06-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Warning, thread jack in progress:
Actually, he contemplates the many uses of the lint contained within.:)

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/graham-barker-navel-fluff.jpg?t=1245601760

megimoo
06-21-2009, 04:04 PM
just sink it and play stupid. Damn thing looks fit to rust into bits . . . .
A 688 Los Angeles Class fast attack sub sprints ahead, A few Navy seals deployed ,A few limpet charges !