PDA

View Full Version : A Small Request

FlaGator
06-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Well it's summer time and children are out of school and families are going on vacations. This opens up an opportunity for us to help others. Many of those going on vacation are volunteers for the many charities that are in each of our communities and that leaves these organizations a little short handed over the summer. Now with unemployment extremely high there a lots of people who need the services that these charities offer. If you can donate some time to any charity that you choose to fill in for someone who is on vacation you can do a lot to help those who need help. Even if it is just an hour a week or even an hour a month, any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. You might even find that you like helping out and make volunteering a part of you life. It is good to donate money and help that way but right now many groups would rather have your time than your money.

Please consider doing something this summer. Any little bit of time that you can spare will be appreciated by whatever organization you decide to help. We all manage to find time for the things will enjoy doing, perhaps you can devote a little of that time to doing something that assists another human being down his or her path in life. Someone, somewhere will appreciate and perhaps reward your efforts!

Peace,
Gary

Bubba Dawg
06-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Nice. Wouldn't have thought of that. :)

Shannon
06-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I will refrain from making any of the snarky comments that initially popped into my head.:p You are like the nicest person in the history of the world, FlaGator.

Lars1701a
06-20-2009, 10:36 PM
I will refrain from making any of the snarky comments that initially popped into my head.:p You are like the nicest person in the history of the world, FlaGator.

It's hard not being mean? :p

Rockntractor
06-20-2009, 11:00 PM

You can't give in to this Shannon you are an inspiration to all of us!

djones520
06-21-2009, 03:07 AM
I'll be helping out at the S.S. City of Milwaukee for a couple of weeks next month. Not exactly a charitee, but it is a National Landmark thats in danger of going belly up.

Bubba Dawg
06-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Miz Bubba and I like to vlunteer to do traail maintenance on US Forest Service Trails. They call it the Ridgerunner Program. Kinda like the AT.

Also bumping thread for good karma....:p:D

Bubba Dawg
06-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I'll be helping out at the S.S. City of Milwaukee for a couple of weeks next month. Not exactly a charitee, but it is a National Landmark thats in danger of going belly up.

Cool. She was build in Manitouwoc. I went to a nautical museum there once. I didn't know until then that WW2 subs were built there.