PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Approval Index negative

djones520
06-22-2009, 01:34 AM
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 32% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-four percent (34%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -2. Thatís the Presidentís lowest rating to date and the first time the Presidential Approval Index has fallen below zero for Obama (see trends).

Sixty percent (60%) of Democrats Strongly Approve of the Presidentís performance but only 8% of Republicans share that view. Sixty-one percent (61%) of Republicans Strongly Disapprove.

Check out our weekly review of key polls to see ďWhat They Told Us.Ē

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter.

Overall, 53% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far. Forty-six percent (46%) disapprove. For more Presidential barometers, see Obama By the Numbers and recent demographic highlights.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

And it's only gonna keep dropping.

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 01:44 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

despite the presses and hazlnuts best efforts . . . . .

Odysseus
06-22-2009, 02:47 AM
despite the presses and hazlnuts best efforts . . . . .

Funny thing about that. Remember how whenever W's numbers dropped even a fraction of a point, the press couldn't wait to tell us? It was as if he was a stock and they were shorting him. Now, Obama's negatives overshadow his positives for the first time and the media is silent. One would almost think that they were biased or something... :rolleyes::D

djones520
06-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Funny thing about that. Remember how whenever W's numbers dropped even a fraction of a point, the press couldn't wait to tell us? It was as if he was a stock and they were shorting him. Now, Obama's negatives overshadow his positives for the first time and the media is silent. One would almost think that they were biased or something... :rolleyes::D

How could anyone ever come to such a conclusion?! The media biased? NEVER! :eek:

lacarnut
06-22-2009, 03:04 AM

The Fairy Dust is starting to flake off and many of those that voted for him are having buyers remorse. Of course to listen to the liberal press, everything is fine and dandy. I betcha many of those college grads that are taking lower paying jobs or can not find a job are not that thrilled with the hope and change that the Magic Negro has provided at this juncture. By the end of the summer, his approval ratings will be in negative territory.

Odysseus
06-22-2009, 09:07 AM
How could anyone ever come to such a conclusion?! The media biased? NEVER! :eek:
What was I thinking? I swear by the tingle of Chris Matthews' leg that I will never accuse the media of bias again. :D

The Fairy Dust is starting to flake off and many of those that voted for him are having buyers remorse. Of course to listen to the liberal press, everything is fine and dandy. I betcha many of those college grads that are taking lower paying jobs or can not find a job are not that thrilled with the hope and change that the Magic Negro has provided at this juncture. By the end of the summer, his approval ratings will be in negative territory.
Just wait until they try to monetize the deficit. We're going to see some serious inflation next year, and when unemployment hits double digits and interest rates do the same, Obama's going to be in Carter territory in terms of popularity, and the media will be there with him. The Democrats have been pissing on America and the media has been giving us a weather report about light rain for too long an people are starting to wise up.

micmac
06-22-2009, 11:24 AM
When is the MSM going to finally turn on him?

Odysseus
06-22-2009, 01:00 PM

Never. They'll be singing his praises no matter how bad things get. Didn't you see how 9.4% unemployment was actually good because it was less than expected, and the administration had "saved or created" lots of jobs that just happen to be invisible and provide no economic impact? When things really hit the skids, expect articles on the pleasures of homelessness as a lifestyle choice, recipes for rat, roadkill and grass and fashion pieces on the new "impoverished chic" look that is all the rage among people who used to have jobs.

Remember, they're not pissing on us, it's just partly cloudy with a chance of showers. :D

Molon Labe
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM

Never

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 01:17 PM
When is the MSM going to finally turn on him? The MSM will only turn on him once it's clear that he can no longer push their pet agenda(s) and they have also secured a new messiah.

hazlnut
06-22-2009, 03:25 PM

I agree, this is something the WH better take seriously.

But I have to ask, why did you edit the piece in your quoting of it?

Paragraph 2 reads:

Among those who are politically liberal, 64% Strongly Approve. So do 40% of moderates. However 61% of conservatives Strongly Disapprove (see other recent demographic highlights).

And you completely cut these two paragraphs out:

Most voters still place the blame for our nationís economic woes on the Bush Administration, but a growing number say itís Obamaís economy now. The number blaming Bush has fallen to 54%. Thatís down eight points from a month ago.

Consumer confidence, while still up since the beginning of the year, has retreated to its lowest level in two months. For the latest polling updates on other topics in the news, please visit the Rasmussen Reports home page.

I don't know why--it still doesn't paint a very positive picture of Obama's policies.

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Prolly because what leftists and fake conservatives think about Barry is less a topic for this forum than what actual factual conservatives think about Barry.

djones520
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I agree, this is something the WH better take seriously.

But I have to ask, why did you edit the piece in your quoting of it?

Paragraph 2 reads:

And you completely cut these two paragraphs out:

I don't know why--it still doesn't paint a very positive picture of Obama's policies.

I copied the first 5 paragraphs of the story, and left the rest to be read at the site. Just SOP for me when I create threads.

Edit: It looks like that stories been edited since the time I posted it. All I did was a copy and paste of the first 5 paragraphs.

hazlnut
06-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I copied the first 5 paragraphs of the story, and left the rest to be read at the site. Just SOP for me when I create threads.

Edit: It looks like that stories been edited since the time I posted it. All I did was a copy and paste of the first 5 paragraphs.

Fair enough.

lacarnut
06-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Possibly when the real Messiah decends from the Heavens.

Full-Auto
06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I knew the luster of having the first Black President (I mean besides Clinton) would wear off quickly once Obama made his plans to wreck our economy known.

It's going to be a long 4 years... with record unemployment, a plunging dollar, outrageous tax increases and nationalized health care we can't pay for.

Teetop
06-22-2009, 10:47 PM

When, the One runs out of money...

:D

Dan D. Doty
06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Come election time in 2010 and 2012, Moonbats will still be blaming Bush for everything and anything.

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 11:49 PM
When, the One runs out of money...

:D

what do you mean? their the ones GIVING him the money!! :rolleyes:

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Come election time in 2010 and 2012, Moonbats will still be blaming Bush for everything and anything.

prolly. :rolleyes: Lets ask - HEY HAZLNUT! Do you ever intend to stop blaming Bush for everything?