PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Demographics

Odysseus
06-22-2009, 02:58 AM
[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU[/IMG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU)

If this doesn't scare you, you're at the wrong discussion board.

linda22003
06-22-2009, 11:06 AM
If this doesn't scare you, you're at the wrong discussion board.

Then I guess I'm on the wrong board. I've clicked on it several times, and I find infinitely circling white dots on a black background to be boring, not scary.

lacarnut
06-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Then I guess I'm on the wrong board. I've clicked on it several times, and I find infinitely circling white dots on a black background to be boring, not scary.

Works for me. Your computer must be bummed out.

linda22003
06-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Might be a firewall issue, although I can usually get into YouTube.

linda22003
06-22-2009, 11:45 AM
It doesn't play directly from YouTube, either. I suppose it's one of those "Muslims are having more babies than Christians, we're doooomed!" thingies.

noonwitch
06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
It doesn't play directly from YouTube, either. I suppose it's one of those "Muslims are having more babies than Christians, we're doooomed!" thingies.

It could be worse-it could be Pat Buchanan telling us that white american women aren't having enough babies, and we will soon be overrun by minorities!

CueSi
06-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Laugh now. . . our children's blood and treasure will be called upon to save them later or serve them.

I saw religion being played as the main thrust. They played Hispanic immigration as.... (GASP!!!) a POSITIVE-prolly because most Hispanics are Catholic at the present time. Though more Hispanics are becoming protestant because the protestants are going into South America and bringing medicine and education. Catholic, Protestant, I don't care. . .what I care about is that by the math, a religion that seeks to decimate the favored pets of both the right AND left may be on the rise.

But yeah, let's laugh.

Christ, you two.

~QC

Odysseus
06-22-2009, 12:51 PM

It could be worse-it could be Pat Buchanan telling us that white american women aren't having enough babies, and we will soon be overrun by minorities!

You two might want to get fitted for your chadors now and avoid the rush.

linda22003
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
No, thanks. I think I'll wait to panic when it's time. I've been reading about it on various other sites since i can't get it to play, and it sounds like it doesn't source its information, so to me that would make it not very useful.

linda22003
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Stormfront loves it. Better be careful of who your friends are; they could be worse than your enemies.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=597170

wilbur
06-22-2009, 01:26 PM
It looks ominous now, but I think it would be a mistake to assume that the Muslim population will not eventually fall to the same pressures that inevitably exert themselves upon populations... forces that eventually slow their growth... hopefully such forces will exert themselves before western culture is completely overrun.

Hopefully, western education and western prosperity will act to dilute of religious militance.... just as it tends to do with other religious traditions. Prosperity/knowledge ultimately lead to rejection of religion (or at least the more militant aspects of it, with a few exceptions), and a greater intellectual humility. The incentives to reproduce will lessen as prosperity increases, and as religious motives behind reproduction decrease. Its really hard to see how Muslims will maintain such large families in western societies indefinitely. Same with Mexicans. Something will give, eventually.

The best thing we could do is make sure Muslims get a good education, and equal opportunity. You guys will be praying for more of those good ol atheist professors at Universities.;)

Lager
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
greater intellectual humility? You are kidding, aren't you?

stsinner
06-22-2009, 01:33 PM
No, thanks. I think I'll wait to panic when it's time. I've been reading about it on various other sites since i can't get it to play, and it sounds like it doesn't source its information, so to me that would make it not very useful.

Pick up a copy of the book America Alone by Mark Steyn.. Very troubling.

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I'd like to see those numbers verified - but I can't see any obvious flaws. BTW - as far as stormfront - while I agree that they will love this video - they will love it for the fear factor not for the message.

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
The best thing we could do is make sure Muslims get a good education, and equal opportunity. You guys will be praying for more of those good ol atheist professors at Universities.;) Right because a good education and great opportunities worked so well in preventing muslims from blowing things up in England. It's not like they were doctors or anything . . . .:rolleyes:

Shannon
06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Pick up a copy of the book America Alone by Mark Steyn.. Very troubling.

I love Mark Steyn. I haven't read that book yet. I'll add it to my list.

wilbur
06-22-2009, 01:51 PM
greater intellectual humility? You are kidding, aren't you?

Not at all.

Ignorance and intellectual incompetence begets extreme intellectual arrogance... and most often, warranted criticisms of such ignorance are mistaken for arrogance, or elitism on the part of the afflicted people (beware of those who incessantly play the 'elitism' card). The ignorant are usually the most arrogant (see creationists).

Education of course in no way guarantees that one will be humble... but in all likely hood, the well educated will be more humble than their ignorant counterparts.... many of whom are often too hopelessly ignorant and non-self-analytical to recognize the extent to which most of the beliefs they operate by on a daily basis have been challenged.

Being exposed to diverse sets of competing ideas in an educational way forces one to face the problems of their beliefs, ideally.... at least if education is being done right.

And it shows.... religiosity declines the more education one has. I don't think Islam is immune to the "corrupting" influence of western education... and we should be thankful. ;)

edit: I am NOT saying that it takes a college education to be educated, or that a college education will guarantee that one is lacks ignorance and has competence... just that it helps to a measurable degree, generally.

CueSi
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd like to see those numbers verified - but I can't see any obvious flaws. BTW - as far as stormfront - while I agree that they will love this video - they will love it for the fear factor not for the message.

Plus the video treated Hispanic immigration as a GOOD thing...they didn't call them illegals, they didn't disparage them in any way, shape or form. They almost implied it was Latino immigration keeping American culture afloat. But they stopped short.

Methinks Stromfront don't quite see it like that.

~QC

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Plus the video treated Hispanic immigration as a GOOD thing...they didn't call them illegals, they didn't disparage them in any way, shape or form. They almost implied it was Latino immigration keeping American culture afloat. But they stopped short.

Methinks Stromfront don't quite see it like that.

~QC
And I'm sure they will completely ignore the ultimate message stated at the end as well.

CueSi
06-22-2009, 02:11 PM
And for those who think education will stop them. . . please consider that Osama Bin Laden has a degree in engineering, and many of the higher echelon of Al-Quaida DO have their Masters or Doctorates. Many of the 9/11 hijackers were white collar guys in their former lives. It's a smug person who thinks that education is a panacea against radical Islam.

And when you consider that many or these "atheist professors" hold Christianity a greater threat than Islam, it rings hollow indeed.

~QC

Lager
06-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Sometimes a little intelligence can breed a lot of arrogance. When one first becomes intoxicated with the empirical method, one can begin to feel that if certain knowledge cannot be proved by the scientific method, then it's not worth knowing.

But there's more than one kind of intelligence and many levels of knowledge. I find it funny that one who has been known to imply that anyone who has faith or practices religion is basicallly ignorant, talks of "intellectual humility".

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 02:15 PM
And for those who think education will stop them. . . please consider that Osama Bin Laden has a degree in engineering, and many of the higher echelon of Al-Quaida DO have their Masters or Doctorates. Many of the 9/11 hijackers were white collar guys in their former lives. It's a smug person who thinks that education is a panacea against radical Islam.

And when you consider that many or these "atheist professors" hold Christianity a greater threat than Islam, it rings hollow indeed.

~QC

And it was Doctors blowing things up in England . . . .

wilbur
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Sometimes a little intelligence can breed a lot of arrogance. When one first becomes intoxicated with the empirical method, one can begin to feel that if certain knowledge cannot be proved by the scientific method, then it's not worth knowing.

But there's more than one kind of intelligence and many levels of knowledge. I find it funny that one who has been known to imply that anyone who has faith or practices religion is basicallly ignorant, talks of "intellectual humility".

See my thread here: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=15231

If not by empiricism, by what right can you claim to "know" something?

Sorry, if one is to make claims about anything besides the most very subjective of your thoughts, (such as the world outside your brain) one must submit to empiricism. Even for claims like "God exists", or "prayer works"... they most definitely cross the threshold to statements about the world.

The arrogant position is to claim that ones own beliefs about the world need not be subjected to the rigors of empiricism (or as the article calls it, the tribunal of the inter-subjective) in order to have credibility... which is exactly what one does when they prop up these alternate, mysterious alternatives to empiricism.

Lager
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I think you are missing a lot. For instance, I am not a deeply religious person myself. However, I can see the positive role religion plays in society as well as the good it does. Whereas I'm sure that you only see the negative. I don't think it really matters to those who have faith, whether you can prove the existence of god empirically or not.

wilbur
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I think you are missing a lot. For instance, I am not a deeply religious person myself. However, I can see the positive role religion plays in society as well as the good it does. Whereas I'm sure that you only see the negative.

Well, look at this video? I mean I could be wrong about Islamic radicalism being dampened by western culture.

I don't think it really matters to those who have faith, whether you can prove the existence of god empirically or not.

Which is a problem... they have no grounds to argue against any other religion (or belief for that matter) by adhering to such a stance, except to dig their heels in and say "Nooooo... its US who has the real truth!".

Its a form of intellectual relativism... its ironic that theists must ultimately rely on relativism in order for their beliefs to survive in an empirical world, since relativism is usually enemy #1 for those who claim to have objective truth on their side.

Lager
06-22-2009, 02:46 PM
But it's only a small minority who argue that they have the real truth, or that their way is the only way. And it's still a minority who want to force their religion on others. Most religious people quietly go about their life drawing strength and peace from it, and that's all. You know, chop wood, carry water......

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
But it's only a small minority who argue that they have the real truth, or that there way is the only way. And it's still a minority who want to force their religion on others. Most religious people quietly go about their life drawing strength and peace from it, and that's all. You know, chop wood, carry water......

Atheists spend far more time trying to force their beliefs on others than do Christians.

hazlnut
06-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I like how the music changes when the word "Immigration" comes up.

This 7-minute video has many things in common with the Nazi anti-Semitic propaganda film The Eternal Jew. It doesn't use the hateful rat imagery of the nazi piece, but it uses people's fear of the other or the foreigner to make its point.

Also, one major flaw in the 'fertility' stats -- they ignore the fact that muslims marry non-muslims every day. They have babies and they celebrate both cultures.

The piece doesn't mention the differences between French, UK, and Dutch immigration laws--as if the entire EU has this open door policy.

The biggest problem in this video and why I would label it bigoted and more appropriate for a stormfront audience, it makes no distinction between non-practicing/practicing muslims and religious extremists--as if everyone who owns a copy of the Koran is evil--this message isn't overt, but the music, graphics, and narration are all trying to convey the same message of doom.

PoliCon
06-22-2009, 03:08 PM
And once again - Hazlnut attacks the right - defends the left and explains away Islamic expansionism. :rolleyes: Who needs democrats when we have fake conservatives like this asshole?

CueSi
06-22-2009, 07:21 PM

This 7-minute video has many things in common with the Nazi anti-Semitic propaganda film The Eternal Jew. It doesn't use the hateful rat imagery of the nazi piece, but it uses people's fear of the other or the foreigner to make its point.

Also, one major flaw in the 'fertility' stats -- they ignore the fact that muslims marry non-muslims every day. They have babies and they celebrate both cultures.

The piece doesn't mention the differences between French, UK, and Dutch immigration laws--as if the entire EU has this open door policy.

The biggest problem in this video and why I would label it bigoted and more appropriate for a stormfront audience, it makes no distinction between non-practicing/practicing muslims and religious extremists--as if everyone who owns a copy of the Koran is evil--this message isn't overt, but the music, graphics, and narration are all trying to convey the same message of doom.

Muslims DO marry non-Muslims, but in many cases, it's the Muslim tradition that carries in the long term.

If this is all it takes to label something for a stormfront audience, you have no clue what real bigotry is.

~QC

hazlnut
06-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Muslims DO marry non-Muslims, but in many cases, it's the Muslim tradition that carries in the long term.

If this is all it takes to label something for a stormfront audience, you have no clue what real bigotry is.

~QC

In your opinion, who is more dangerous -- the closet bigot or the overtly racist individual?

Maybe 'dangerous' is not the right word -- who is more troublesome to you--the boss or loan officer with a hidden agenda or the proud bigot next door?

Also, apparently SF wasn't sure it made the cut:

But the responses say it all.

Troll
06-22-2009, 08:53 PM
This video was disturbing, but CU, let's be honest with ourselves for a moment. Did any of you see anything during this video that you did not already know?

Western civilization is doomed - there is simply no other way around it. The demographics do not lie.

I think delving too deeply into my overall point would get me banned from CU, but allow me to say the following. I'd like you all to take a look at Wilbur's statement here:

Hopefully, western education and western prosperity will act to dilute of religious militance.... just as it tends to do with other religious traditions.

The best thing we could do is make sure Muslims get a good education

I notice several of you have attacked these statements, but I want you to consider - what is the point of a continued US presence in the Middle East? Did your former President and Vice President not say exactly the same thing? That the more 'bad guys' we kill, the more Muslims will shun violence and embrace America? "Hearts and minds?" Remember those heartwarming pictures of Muslim kids giving teddy bears to US troops? So you agree with 'educating' Muslims on the battlefield, but not in the classroom?

I'm just calling for a shred of intellectual honesty here. You need to decide if:

(a) Islam and the West are compatible, provided we can just root out the bad apples before they enslave and/or kill us all, just like Bush said,

or

(b) The West and any other culture are incompatible, and you're not ready to sacrifice your children's future in the name of "multi-culturalism", "diversity", "spreading freedom abroad", and "tolerance". I'm not just talking about Islam here.

Don't get me wrong, I think we're screwed either way. Just trust me when I say that sometimes it feels good to stop lying to yourself.

Odysseus
06-22-2009, 09:01 PM
It looks ominous now, but I think it would be a mistake to assume that the Muslim population will not eventually fall to the same pressures that inevitably exert themselves upon populations... forces that eventually slow their growth... hopefully such forces will exert themselves before western culture is completely overrun.

Hopefully, western education and western prosperity will act to dilute of religious militance.... just as it tends to do with other religious traditions. Prosperity/knowledge ultimately lead to rejection of religion (or at least the more militant aspects of it, with a few exceptions), and a greater intellectual humility. The incentives to reproduce will lessen as prosperity increases, and as religious motives behind reproduction decrease. Its really hard to see how Muslims will maintain such large families in western societies indefinitely. Same with Mexicans. Something will give, eventually.

The best thing we could do is make sure Muslims get a good education, and equal opportunity. You guys will be praying for more of those good ol atheist professors at Universities.;)
Those atheist professors have nothing to say to the Muslims. Once someone is radicalized, western ideas like a separation of temporal and spiritual powers, free speech and freedom of religion go out the window. The atheist profs end up being seduced by the glamor of the radicals, rather than the radicals falling for the reason of the atheists. Notice that the rallies in support of Hamas last year were full of members of the Sparticist League, International A.N.S.W.E.R and the CPUSA. One doesn't see Moslem Brotherhood members at NARAL rallies.

~QC
And, Ayman Al Zawahiri is also an MD.

Well, look at this video? I mean I could be wrong about Islamic radicalism being dampened by western culture.

Which is a problem... they have no grounds to argue against any other religion (or belief for that matter) by adhering to such a stance, except to dig their heels in and say "Nooooo... its US who has the real truth!".

Its a form of intellectual relativism... its ironic that theists must ultimately rely on relativism in order for their beliefs to survive in an empirical world, since relativism is usually enemy #1 for those who claim to have objective truth on their side.
What you don't get is that, unique among religions, Islam is a political as well as a spiritual system. The basic tenets of Islam do not allow Muslims to live under non-Muslim rulers or obey laws passed by men that are not in lockstep with Sharia. The whole concept of secular government is an affront to the imam, who has already received what he considers the perfect text of the laws of man and Allah. With the exception of the Inquisition, you don't find that in Christianity, and it hasn't been a part of Judaism since the sack of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

It also has some important differences. For one thing, European Jews of the 1930s weren't going around beheading people who insulted Moses. They weren't planting bombs, or wearing them, and killing anyone who wasn't a Jew and celebrating the murders. The Jews of Europe were assimilated, which is why so many of them didn't leave when they should have seen what was coming. Ther considered themselves French, German, Polish, etc., and were shocked that their fellow Frenchmen, Germans and Poles didn't see them the same way. The Moslems of today's Europe are not assimilated. They don't consider themselves French, German or British, much less European, they consider themselves Muslims. That is their identity, and they seek to impose it on the non-Muslims around them.

What are you talking about? Sharia law is very specific on this. Male Muslims are permitted to marry non-Muslims, provided that the children are raised in the faith of the father, and those marriages often fail when the mother declines to convert, at which point, under Sharia law, guess who gets custody? Female Muslims cannot marry male non-Muslims unless the man converts to Islam. Now, how do you expect an unmarried female Muslim to even meet a male who is not a Muslim? Do you expect them to fall in love in the suburbs of Paris by the light of the burning Peugiots? (Can't take credit for that, it's a Mark Steyn line). Muslim women seen in the company of non-Muslim men, or even Muslim men who aren't blood relations, are subject to honor killings.

The video doesn't have to make that distinction. Even if only ten percent of European Muslims are religious extremists (and according to polling data, it's a lot more than that), the moderates don't drive the train, the extremists do. The members of the Nazi Party were never a majority in Germany, nor were the Communists in the USSR. They didn't have to be. Once a small fringe group achieves power, the rest of the community has to either actively resist or passively go along. If the majority resists, then the fringe doesn't achieve its goals, but if the majority acquieces, then they eventually get swept up into the tide. The extremes crowd out the middle.

In your opinion, who is more dangerous -- the closet bigot or the overtly racist individual?
Maybe 'dangerous' is not the right word -- who is more troublesome to you--the boss or loan officer with a hidden agenda or the proud bigot next door?

What you don't get is that the two are part of the same continuum. The quiet bigot watches the angry ranter and his response is determined by what happens to the open bigot. If the open bigot is shunned and ridiculed, the quiet bigot will avoid tipping his hand, and frankly, I don't care what the loan officer thinks of me as long as I get my loan. If, on the other hand, the open bigot marches down Main Street, gets his pick of the better homes, furnishings and women, you tell me which way the quiet bigot is going to go? It's the same with Islam today. The radicals are ascendant, and the great center sees this and aspires to be with them.

Many years ago, the NYPD did a study on corruption and how it spreads. They discovered that out of any precinct, there were three groups. Group 1 was honest no matter what the circumstances, group 2 was dishonest no matter what. Neither of these groups was more than 10% of the whole. What determined the behavior of the other 80% was which group was perceived as being triumphant. If the honest group was promoted and rewarded, then the majority went with them. If the dishonest group was rewarded, then the majority went with them. People follow success, and right now, the perception of momentum and success is among the radicals.

Hitler also wore pants. Does that mean that we all have to switch to kilts? Whether or not some Stormfront tools identify with this video is irrelevent. The demographic and cultural changes that we will be seeing are real. For everyone who hasn't read Steyn's book, this is a link to the article in MacLean's (http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=20061023_134898_134898) that he expanded into it. It's got the basic gist of his argument, and it's scary.

CueSi
06-22-2009, 09:23 PM

The bigot with nothing to lose. . .the open one. . .the closet bigot has his limits. He doesn't want to blow his cover.

Since SF didn't think it made the cut. . .well, that puts arguments about it being racial to bed, don't it?

~QC

hazlnut
06-22-2009, 09:41 PM
It also has some important differences. For one thing, European Jews of the 1930s weren't going around beheading people who insulted Moses. They weren't planting bombs, or wearing them, and killing anyone who wasn't a Jew and celebrating the murders. The Jews of Europe were assimilated, which is why so many of them didn't leave when they should have seen what was coming. Ther considered themselves French, German, Polish, etc., and were shocked that their fellow Frenchmen, Germans and Poles didn't see them the same way. The Moslems of today's Europe are not assimilated. They don't consider themselves French, German or British, much less European, they consider themselves Muslims. That is their identity, and they seek to impose it on the non-Muslims around them.

First of all, re: cutting off heads and making bombs, how many Muslims total living, working, marrying, and having kids in the EU are engaged in this type of activity. Before we continue, just answer that question. How many?

Again, grouping extremists in with the mainstream followers is unfair.

What are you talking about? Sharia law is very specific on this. Male Muslims are permitted to marry non-Muslims, provided that the children are raised in the faith of the father, and those marriages often fail when the mother declines to convert, at which point, under Sharia law, guess who gets custody? Female Muslims cannot marry male non-Muslims unless the man converts to Islam. Now, how do you expect an unmarried female Muslim to even meet a male who is not a Muslim? Do you expect them to fall in love in the suburbs of Paris by the light of the burning Peugiots? (Can't take credit for that, it's a Mark Steyn line). Muslim women seen in the company of non-Muslim men, or even Muslim men who aren't blood relations, are subject to honor killings.

And how many muslims total follow this law? Some? All? What percentage? We always hear about the extreme examples of the Muslim male mistreating his wife--but you're ignoring the thousands of assimilated mixed marriages here and in the EU. The kids go to private schools and celebrate Christmas!! or Hanukkah for Christ sakes. Where did you get this image of Muslims all being these religious extremists who follow their religious laws?

How many non-practicing muslims are living in the EU who don't go to Mosque regularly, eat pork and drink beer?

T
he video doesn't have to make that distinction. Even if only ten percent of European Muslims are religious extremists (and according to polling data, it's a lot more than that), the moderates don't drive the train, the extremists do. The members of the Nazi Party were never a majority in Germany, nor were the Communists in the USSR. They didn't have to be. Once a small fringe group achieves power, the rest of the community has to either actively resist or passively go along. If the majority resists, then the fringe doesn't achieve its goals, but if the majority acquieces, then they eventually get swept up into the tide. The extremes crowd out the middle.

Nazi's and Communists??? They were the ruling party. How the heck can you compare them to a minority group of immigrants. Like the video, you're trying to compare EU Muslims to these scary things.

You don't think it's important to distinguish between mainstream Muslims and extremists? How can you say that? That's pretty far out there, IMO. 'Only 10% are extremists', what information or source are you basing that on?

Hitler also wore pants. Does that mean that we all have to switch to kilts? Whether or not some Stormfront tools identify with this video is irrelevent. The demographic and cultural changes that we will be seeing are real.

Look, you start off by saying in the OP that if this video doesn't scare us we don't belong here. Then it turns out the thing is on SF. I believe you didn't plan it that way, but that's how it happened. There is a subtle message in the video and IMO, it's not a positive one.

hazlnut
06-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Since SF didn't think it made the cut. . .well, that puts arguments about it being racial to bed, don't it?

~QC

Um...no. That was in the SF OP. The responses say different.

CueSi
06-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Um...no. That was in the SF OP. The responses say different.

Other than the neutral comment about Latino Immigration . . . can you really point to any explicitly negative racist statement made?

~QC

hazlnut
06-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Other than the neutral comment about Latino Immigration . . . can you really point to any explicitly negative racist statement made?

~QC

I can't believe you're making me go back there...

As you wish:

Post #2 (S.S. Lazio with a Hitler avatar)
We have shown our weakness.

Post #4
It is frightening to realise that this plague has infiltrated virtually all corners of the world to replace our way of life with their insidious culture. I am very ashamed that our leaders have smilingly acquiesced and handed our country over so willingly. The white Australian population seem happy to go to the wall without a care in the world.

Post #5
Why have whites Traditionally been a "private" race? We've HAD to keep to ourselves for the existence of our clan in order to preserve it, because our race is the most coveted race to BE around. Status is gained by just Being around a white man.
Our kids on the whole don't know the dangers. They are probably ALL lost, unless we as white, like the mormons or LDS who get infiltrated by the government on a continual basis, start segregating ourselves and shutting out the rest of the world, the TV, you name it.

Post #6 points to a Youtube video that has been removed

noonwitch
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Back in the 80s, when the first wave of immigrants from Syria and Lebanon hit metro Detroit, I had some coworkers who married muslim men and had children with them. They are all divorced, now, and have had sole custody (it's pretty hard for an immigrant to get anything beyond visitation rights when the mom is a CPS/FC worker).

That wave of immigrants has pretty much assimilated, 20 years later. They are still muslims, but are westernized. They own businesses and are part of the community structure. When I eat at a ME restaurant, I get good, healthy food and am treated well by the staff. The women mostly stick to the hijab as their traditional clothing, and the women in my age range (40s), usually wear western clothing. It's the grandma in the backroom making pastries who is all covered up.

The women I see wearing burkas are not the ones from Syria and Lebanon. The ones I see dressed like that are from Yemen and northern africa, and live mostly in Hamtramck. I had some neighbors in Detroit who were regular old african americans who had converted to Islam and the women wore burkas.

FlaGator
06-23-2009, 11:56 AM
See my thread here: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=15231

If not by empiricism, by what right can you claim to "know" something?

Sorry, if one is to make claims about anything besides the most very subjective of your thoughts, (such as the world outside your brain) one must submit to empiricism. Even for claims like "God exists", or "prayer works"... they most definitely cross the threshold to statements about the world.

The arrogant position is to claim that ones own beliefs about the world need not be subjected to the rigors of empiricism (or as the article calls it, the tribunal of the inter-subjective) in order to have credibility... which is exactly what one does when they prop up these alternate, mysterious alternatives to empiricism.

Considering that the human senses are faulty and less than 100 percent trust worthy, how can anyone claim to know anything empirically? It has been shown that the mind will fill in holes in sensory input with what it expects to be there not with what is necessarily really their. All illusions are predicated on this principle.

stsinner
06-23-2009, 12:05 PM

Why is it that people here are so up on StormFront threads? I hardly have the time to keep up with this site.. If you've got time to keep abreast of what's going on at DU and SF, I say some of you need to break suction and get some fresh air...

linda22003
06-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Why is it that people here are so up on StormFront threads?

It only takes a second if you're searching something in particular. That's how one of us found the name "stsinner" there.

stsinner
06-23-2009, 12:16 PM
It only takes a second if you're searching something in particular. That's how one of us found the name "stsinner" there.

What a bitch.. You won't find it there now.

You found 1 ONE UNO post there from FEB of me saying that we should be ALLOWED to self-segregate, and that's been dealt with and explained. Don't even try to paint with that racist brush again. There are some areas of boards that you can't see unless you're registered. If I had something to hide, I wouldn't have used the same name that I use on every board I frequent.. I would still have that account there to lurk if it wasn't against the rules here to have a screen name there, but since I don't post there, I prioritized that I'd rather be a member here than to lurk there when I really don't have anything to say on SF.

linda22003
06-23-2009, 12:24 PM
I wasn't the one who found it; someone else here did and PM'd it to me and no doubt others. This was found on a cached page. Don't count on anything really "going away", on the internet.

stsinner
06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I wasn't the one who found it; someone else here did and PM'd it to me and no doubt others. This was found on a cached page. Don't count on anything really "going away", on the internet.

Just seemed like a low blow. It would be one thing if I was a prolific poster, but I wasn't.