PDA

View Full Version : Rate-A TIT tale.

aka:PBS
07-06-2008, 01:03 PM
TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-05-08 07:03 PM
Original message
I witnessed something disturbing last night.

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Sat Jul-05-08 07:24 PM by TomInTib
While watching the Fourth of July Fireworks on the waterfront in Sausalito, I experienced some mighty strange crowd reaction.

The fireworks were pretty good, but, seven or eight times during the event, a charge would be fired into the night sky that would burst and then send out all these smaller projectiles that looked like fighter-borne missiles. The "missiles" would then streak toward the ground (actually, the water of San Francisco Bay).

I thought it was some kind of strange that, each and every time, the crowd would go into this "Whoo- hoo! Hell yes! USA!USA!USA!"
ecstasy.

In Sausalito, no less. And there were women in the crowd going all nuts, too.

Maybe it would be a good thing if all of those Jingo-Dog Chickenshit Bastards had the opportunity to be fired upon, someday. Maybe just a few rifle rounds, maybe RPGs, maybe mortars.

They'd wet their pants at the first report.

Fuck 'em. They made me feel like a stranger in a strange land.

What the hell have we come to?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=3569985&mesg_id=3569985

ArmyRet
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
That sorry son of a bitch and lots of other DUmbasses just can't stand this great country and would be happy if the crowd chanted "HUGO HUGO" instead.

jinxmchue
07-06-2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=3569985&mesg_id=3569985

F-. No one cheers like that at fireworks. Bouncy bouncy bouncy.

movie buff
07-06-2008, 05:03 PM

My sentiments exactly. When I went to my city's display, there was applause at the end, but it was just typical applause like you might hear at the end of a good concert.
TominTib constantly goes out of his way to show what a deeply repulsive man he really is.

SarasotaRepub
07-06-2008, 05:21 PM
No, that was the finale
Posted by TomInTib on Sun Jul-06-08 03:08 PM

Good catch, though.

What I was describing actually looked like an airburst with missiles raining down.
Actually looked like extremely high-tech ordnance.

You could hear the vets in the crowd, "What the f***? What the hell was that?". That sort of thing.

It was pretty unsettling, I'll tell you.

Tom

Oh for fraks sake, I know what dispshit is talking about. Moron, it's called a new firework.
Someone came up with a new type and this drunk moron gets the DUmmies all atwitter. :rolleyes:

MrsSmith
07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I have to admit that we had cheers for almost every big firework at our local show this year. Of course, it was a couple kids going "WOW" or "COOL!" :p

jinxmchue
07-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I have to admit that we had cheers for almost every big firework at our local show this year. Of course, it was a couple kids going "WOW" or "COOL!" :p

At the display we went to, some moron or some moron's kids sitting in their car kept honking their horn when the fireworks would go off.

Zafod
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Maybe it would be a good thing if all of those Jingo-Dog Chickenshit Bastards had the opportunity to be fired upon, someday. Maybe just a few rifle rounds, maybe RPGs, maybe mortars.

They'd wet their pants at the first report.

More them probably have then you would admitt to...

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 01:39 PM
They did have a pretty good fireworks display. And people are shouting happily. Must have really annoyed TiT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et-mSt4INA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZYaZnmVekQ

Rebel Yell
07-07-2008, 03:38 PM

A couple of years ago at Veterans State Park (Lake Blackshear), we went to the fireworks show. When they fired off a couple of the really loud ones (you know, the ones you can feel the concussion when they explode), this probably 17 or so year old kid stood up and, I shit you not, held out his arms and yelled, "Here I is!!!" every time they fired off the loud ones. The girls he was with just laughed like he really showed off his bravery in the face of people apparently trying to find him in the crowd of thousands to blow up with the fireworks. He wasn't scared though, he shouted to make sure they knwew where he was. I was sooooo proud of that young man staring down such a lack of imminent danger.

True story. No bullshit.

Dan D. Doty
07-07-2008, 09:52 PM
TiT, nobody nailed your feet to floor.

If you hate America so much, then go some place you can be proud of.

if, or when that time ever comes, grow up and stop whinning already.

ReaganForRus
07-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I thought TiT was moving back east with one of his woman friends?:confused:

biccat
07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
TiT was lucky he wasn't at the fireworks show here. They fired off cannons (while a symphony played the 1812 Overture).

People actually cheered and applauded during this show of force harkening back to the early days of our country. Not only do us Rethuglicans love modern ordinance, we love the traditional stuff as well.

Zafod
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
TiT was lucky he wasn't at the fireworks show here. They fired off cannons (while a symphony played the 1812 Overture).

People actually cheered and applauded during this show of force harkening back to the early days of our country. Not only do us Rethuglicans love modern ordinance, we love the traditional stuff as well.

I am thinking about building my own cannon.
Might do a 2 incher but dont know yet.

movie buff
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
btw, somethig I meant to add in my last post was that I seriously knew that at least one of the DUmmies would make a 4th of July post which focused on how much he or she hated America. They did not disappoint.

InspiredHome
07-08-2008, 11:46 PM
We were in Cripple Creek, Colorado during the 4th with a bunch of geocachers. It was my kids' first experience. Someone was playing the 1812 Overture in the distance. My kids were all oooh and ahhh for only a portion of the time. Most of the time it was quiet except for the distant music playing. Oh, and I read the Declaration prior to the show. I'm going to make that a family tradition. How many DUers have actually read it?

FDK
07-09-2008, 07:19 AM
We were in Cripple Creek, Colorado during the 4th with a bunch of geocachers. It was my kids' first experience. Someone was playing the 1812 Overture in the distance. My kids were all oooh and ahhh for only a portion of the time. Most of the time it was quiet except for the distant music playing. Oh, and I read the Declaration prior to the show. I'm going to make that a family tradition. How many DUers have actually read it?

Seeing as how it wasn't authored by Marx, Lenin or Chomsky, probably less than five percent.:rolleyes: