PDA

View Full Version : CU Iron Chef Challenge 1

Gingersnap
06-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Get ready to vote! You have three days.

Shannon
06-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I voted crabmeat. I have 100% of the vote. Close the poll now!

patriot45
06-22-2009, 09:52 PM
I was wanting gator meat, but I was intrigued about scrapple! :D

Gingersnap
06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
I voted crabmeat. I have 100% of the vote. Close the poll now!

No. :p

bflavin
06-23-2009, 02:18 AM
I voted rhubarb. Rhubarb anything is good stuff.

PoliCon
06-23-2009, 04:38 PM
velveeta. Stuff is aweful.

Teetop
06-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Gator?! Geeeezussssss! I'm on the high plains of Texas, for God's sake! LOL

I heard it was tasty, I hope to try it soon.

Teetop
06-23-2009, 05:40 PM
velveeta. Stuff is aweful.

I'll give you a recipe for a dip that you won't think so after you make it and eat it.

edit to add; I have never heard of scrapple until now. Sounds like peasant food, from way back. I bet it's very tasty!

Phillygirl
06-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I want to change my vote. We need 3 ingredients: crabmeat, velveeta and scrapple.

Rockntractor
06-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Why weren't there no spray cheese on there?

Hawkgirl
06-23-2009, 06:40 PM
what the hell is scrapple?

patriot45
06-23-2009, 07:00 PM

Haha, you'd think it was a southern pig gut thing, but no, its a northern food. Never had it but it looks pretty tasty! Its for breakfast.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/scrapple04-20-07.jpg

Phillygirl
06-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Haha, you'd think it was a southern pig gut thing, but no, its a northern food. Never had it but it looks pretty tasty! Its for breakfast.

It is food. of. the. gods.

Hawkgirl
06-23-2009, 07:17 PM
It looks like Spam...and I don't keep or serve those type of processed foods in my house...so Patriot, I'm gonna root for you...;)

patriot45
06-23-2009, 07:20 PM
It looks like Spam...and I don't keep or serve those type of processed foods in my house...so Patriot, I'm gonna root for you...;)

C'mon buck up! If thats the choice, I'm going to make it from scratch!! You can do it!

Its velveeta I'm worried about, ugh.

Phillygirl
06-23-2009, 07:20 PM

It's not Spam at all. As for processed...I guess in terms of it being run through a food processor or grinder, I suppose it is. But it is pure animal meat (with some cornmeal thrown in so that you don't notice the occasional snout hair).

I don't eat Spam (if my meat has some kind of unidentifiable gelatinous layer on it, it's going in the trash). Scrapple is nothing like Spam.

Hawkgirl
06-23-2009, 07:36 PM
But still, if it's something I never at, tasted or even seen...then I can't cook with it....

Stop being yankees and pick a food that everyone can relate too...like Bacon...or SHRIMP!:o:rolleyes::cool:

Phillygirl
06-23-2009, 07:38 PM
But still, if it's something I never at, tasted or even seen...then I can't cook with it....

Stop being yankees and pick a food that everyone can relate too...like Bacon...or SHRIMP!:o:rolleyes::cool:

Scrapple is like bacon on steroids. Be creative girl.

Shannon
06-23-2009, 07:51 PM

You don't want to know. Trust me.

Gingersnap
06-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Why weren't there no spray cheese on there?

Because you didn't propose it in the original thread. You have only yourself to blame.

Rockntractor
06-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Because you didn't propose it in the original thread. You have only yourself to blame.
They threw out the pig ears or did they? There may be some in that scrapple.

Gingersnap
06-23-2009, 10:04 PM

It's in the processed food case along with the bacon and link sausage. Look up high. It might be in a roll like bulk sausage or in a box. If it wins, buy some and play around with it. It's fair to research the food item and see how it's usually used.

Or own recipe must be original, however. :D

Gingersnap
06-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Good Lord! Quit with the pig ears! Since scrapple can include pig ears, I decided that a separate pig ear choice was useless for human cooks. The dogs were upset, of course. :p

Rockntractor
06-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Good Lord! Quit with the pig ears! Since scrapple can include pig ears, I decided that a separate pig ear choice was useless for human cooks. The dogs were upset, of course. :p
They actually sell them in Oklahoma and people eat them. I will not go into any ethnic issues here so don't ask me who eats them. They say the only part of the hog that is wasted is the squeal

Gingersnap
06-23-2009, 10:21 PM
They actually sell them in Oklahoma and people eat them. I will not go into any ethnic issues here so don't ask me who eats them. They say the only part of the hog that is wasted is the squeal

And they eat pig feet up here. Let's not get into a regional gross-out match. :p

PoliCon
06-23-2009, 10:46 PM
C'mon buck up! If thats the choice, I'm going to make it from scratch!! You can do it!

Its velveeta I'm worried about, ugh.

SEE! VOTE VELVEETA!! :D

PoliCon
06-23-2009, 10:47 PM
And they eat pig feet up here. Let's not get into a regional gross-out match. :p

VELVEETA! I WIN!!:p

Gingersnap
06-23-2009, 10:52 PM
VELVETA! I WIN!!:p

You can't even spell it. :rolleyes:

:D

PoliCon
06-23-2009, 11:26 PM
You can't even spell it. :rolleyes:

:D

Not like I buy the shit to know how it's spelled there ginger . . . . :rolleyes: happy now?

Gingersnap
06-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Not like I buy the shit to know how it's spelled there ginger . . . . :rolleyes: happy now?

Not really but only Linda Numbers will know why. :p

Phillygirl
06-24-2009, 09:34 AM

Of course there's some pig ears in the scrapple. As they say "everything but the oink".

Hawkgirl
06-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Or own recipe must be original, however. :D

I refuse to cook with something that looks like baby vomit...BEFORE it's consumed :)

patriot45
06-24-2009, 07:26 PM
I refuse to cook with something that looks like baby vomit...BEFORE it's consumed :)

Chicken! :p:D

I am kinda glad that the list isn't too horrible! You can deal with that list of culinary delights!

Gingersnap
06-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Chicken! :p:D

I am kinda glad that the list isn't too horrible! You can deal with that list of culinary delights!

I have to say the shrimp and crab are basically lame choices here. Blind toddlers can make acceptable snacks with those ingredients. I'm pulling for the more "exotic" choices.

Vote people!

Shannon
06-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I have to say the shrimp and crab are basically lame choices here. Blind toddlers can make acceptable snacks with those ingredients. I'm pulling for the more "exotic" choices.

Vote people!

Stop trying to influence the vote.

What about the velveeta? My ex could make acceptable snacks with that. This is the same man who didn't add water while fixing me Campbells soup when I was sick. And didn't notice that it didn't look right.

Gingersnap
06-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Stop trying to influence the vote.

What about the velveeta? My ex could make acceptable snacks with that. This is the same man who didn't add water while fixing me Campbells soup when I was sick. And didn't notice that it didn't look right.

Velveeta is not exotic where I live but it's better than shrimp.

Shannon
06-24-2009, 09:15 PM

It's not exotic here either. I was just saying that it deserves more scorn than shrimp or crabmeat.

Hawkgirl
06-24-2009, 09:20 PM
I can make a mean tripe soup....is that exotic enough?:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
06-24-2009, 09:25 PM
I can make a mean tripe soup....is that exotic enough?:rolleyes:

Meh - menudo. The morning-after-the-night-before breakfast of southern illegal immigrants everywhere. Besides, it's not on the poll.

PoliCon
06-24-2009, 09:28 PM
VELVEETA!! I wanna see someone - ANYONE make that crap edible!!

Gingersnap
06-24-2009, 09:37 PM
VELVEETA!! I wanna see someone - ANYONE make that crap edible!!

I could totally rock your world in terms of Velveeta. As a Mod, I feel that I must recuse myself from these little competitions. :p

patriot45
06-24-2009, 11:22 PM

Maybe you should combine the 2 or 3 top vote getters! Now that would be different! I don't know about tasty!:D

Teetop
06-24-2009, 11:29 PM
I could totally rock your world in terms of Velveeta. As a Mod, I feel that I must recuse myself from these little competitions. :p

I will make Poli-Con eat his words.....

I will post the recipe for all to see.

It's freakin' ugly, but it tastes so good!:cool:

PoliCon
06-25-2009, 01:52 AM
CRAB???? Crab is EASY! It's delish all by itself!

PoliCon
06-25-2009, 01:53 AM
I will make Poli-Con eat his words.....

I will post the recipe for all to see.

It's freakin' ugly, but it tastes so good!:cool: Um hum . . . that's what they all say . . . .

Phillygirl
06-25-2009, 09:24 AM
I've never understood why people make nachos with anything but velveeta. I love velveeta..it's a must for mac and cheese, grilled cheese, and nachos.

Shannon
06-25-2009, 10:57 AM
I've never understood why people make nachos with anything but velveeta. I love velveeta..it's a must for mac and cheese, grilled cheese, and nachos.

You use velveeta for grilled cheeses? That's just wrong...and weird.

linda22003
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM

You have no discernment. Fry up a few slices in a pan, and pour maple syrup on it. Heavenly.

Phillygirl
06-25-2009, 01:08 PM
You use velveeta for grilled cheeses? That's just wrong...and weird.

Are you kidding me? Velveeta is the best in grilled cheeses. It was only weird when I ate it cold, with Miracle Whip, for a year. The next year I ate liverwurst, again with Miracle Whip. I now consider that child abuse.

Shannon
06-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Are you kidding me? Velveeta is the best in grilled cheeses. It was only weird when I ate it cold, with Miracle Whip, for a year. The next year I ate liverwurst, again with Miracle Whip. I now consider that child abuse.

I forgot that you are a Miracle Whip person. Velveeta and Miracle Whip? You should really seek help. You are clearly a sick individual. (and you're a lawyer!):eek:

Phillygirl
06-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I forgot that you are a Miracle Whip person. Velveeta and Miracle Whip? You should really seek help. You are clearly a sick individual. (and you're a lawyer!):eek:

I am not a Miracle Whip person anymore. Can't stand the stuff. But in my childhood that's all we had. Yet another gripe I can add to my list of things that my parents denied me.

PoliCon
06-25-2009, 11:16 PM

ew ew ew. I use a blend of cheddar, colby, Romano, and Edam for Mac n cheese - make nachos with hot pepper american or colby - and grilled cheese is sharp American.

PoliCon
06-25-2009, 11:17 PM

the only way Miraclewhip is justifiable is on a COLD cheese sandwich.

Shannon
06-25-2009, 11:22 PM
ew ew ew. I use a blend of cheddar, colby, Romano, and Edam for Mac n cheese - make nachos with hot pepper american or colby - and grilled cheese is sharp American.

Colby, swiss and cheddar blended all together...:p

patriot45
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
13 crappy votes!
Crab and Scrapple are tied! WTF!:D

C'mon give us something to work with.

PoliCon
06-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Colby, swiss and cheddar blended all together...:p

you do know that there is no such thing as swiss cheese right? :rolleyes: