PDA

View Full Version : Approval Ratings for Pelosi Hit a New Low

megimoo
06-23-2009, 08:14 PM
snip
A month after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's showdown with the CIA over interrogation techniques, just 38 percent of Americans approve of her job performance, while 45 percent disapprove, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released yesterday. That's the lowest approval rating she has received in the poll.

One clear trend line has emerged in the California Democrat's 2 1/2 -year reign as speaker, and that's a slow but steady rise in unpopularity. Shortly after she became the first woman to serve as House speaker, just 25 percent of voters disapproved of her, according to a Post-ABC poll in January 2007. Now, almost twice as many people disapprove of her performance.

Pelosi can take heart in the findings among self-identified moderates -- the voters who frequently decide close elections. Among that group, 43 percent approve of Pelosi's job performance, with 40 percent not approving.

When those centrists' responses are broken down by party identification, a clear line emerges: Moderate Democrats overwhelmingly approve of Pelosi's performance (63 percent approval, 22 percent disapproval), while moderate Republicans have developed an outright hostility toward her (17 percent approval, 63 percent disapproval).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/22/AR2009062202972.html

noonwitch
06-24-2009, 08:36 AM
I'm a liberal, feminist democrat and I don't like her. She's in trouble.

expat-pattaya
06-24-2009, 09:04 AM

MInd expanding on why you don't like her? I know as a white male conservative rich guy i have reasons to dislike her but what aggravates a liberal feminist democrat?

noonwitch
06-24-2009, 01:42 PM
MInd expanding on why you don't like her? I know as a white male conservative rich guy i have reasons to dislike her but what aggravates a liberal feminist democrat?

She removed Dingell (D, MI) from the automotive committee and replaced him with that idiot Waxman. You don't treat the longest serving member of your party that way, especially when that congressman is a really good guy.

I don't live in Dingell's district, but I am in one of his son's courtroom on a regular basis and the family are good people. Dingell is not your usual democrat-he's pro-2nd amendment and pro-business.

It's personal, but I don't like her.

Rockntractor
06-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Your more conservative than most democrats I know. I think the democrat party left you a long time ago and you just don't relize it yet.

noonwitch
06-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Your more conservative than most democrats I know. I think the democrat party left you a long time ago and you just don't relize it yet.

I would vote for more republicans if they hadn't left me an even longer time ago than the dems have! I'm the type of voter that would have been a swing voter in the pre-Reagan era, had I been old enough to vote back then. In 1980, I would have voted for Anderson and in 1976, I would have voted for Ford (I am from GR, after all).

Seriously, though, the best candidate in my book for MI governor in 2010 is a republican-Terri Lynn Land. I'll vote for her-I may forgo the dem primary and vote in the GOP one instead.

megimoo
06-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Your more conservative than most democrats I know. I think the democrat party left you a long time ago and you just don't relize it yet.Her knees still twitch when she hears Rush !

Rockntractor
06-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Her knees still twitch when she hears Rush !

I know people like that but you can quote Rush to them and not say who it is and they will agree with him. They don't like rush because they have been told they don't like him.

expat-pattaya
06-24-2009, 04:10 PM
She removed Dingell (D, MI) from the automotive committee and replaced him with that idiot Waxman. You don't treat the longest serving member of your party that way, especially when that congressman is a really good guy.

I don't live in Dingell's district, but I am in one of his son's courtroom on a regular basis and the family are good people. Dingell is not your usual democrat-he's pro-2nd amendment and pro-business.

It's personal, but I don't like her.

Fair enough. I didn't realize she did that. But then I admit I don't pay attention to the intra party politics of the Democrats.

PoliCon
06-24-2009, 05:11 PM
I know people like that but you can quote Rush to them and not say who it is and they will agree with him. They don't like rush because they have been told they don't like him.

very true.