PDA

View Full Version : Straw poll of 325,200 voters:Obama 38 % Mc Cain 62 %,What think you of those apples ?

megimoo
07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Obama 'Puzzled' by Iraq Remarks Frenzy

Straw poll of 325,200 voters:Obama 38 % Mc Cain 62 %,What think you of those apples ?

ST. LOUIS (July 5) - Barack Obama celebrated "active faith" as an obligation of religious Americans and a chief agent of societal change while speaking Saturday to a nearly all-black roomful of churchgoers, but hoping to reach far beyond them.

Earlier in the day as he flew from Montana to Missouri, Obama told reporters he was surprised at how the media has "finely calibrated" his recent words on Iraq, and reaffirmed his commitment to ending the war if elected.
McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds said Obama needs to "understand that his words matter."

"We are all absolutely committed to ending this war, but on Thursday Barack Obama's words indicated that he also shared John McCain's commitment to securing the peace beforehand," he said.

Making a less than two-hour stop in the battleground state of Missouri, the Democratic presidential nominee implored the thousands attending a national meeting of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, one of the nation's largest and most politically and civically active black denominations, to help fix national and local ills.

He preached individual responsibility, saying he knew he risked criticism for "blaming the victim" by talking of the need for parents to help children with homework and turn off the TV, to pass on a healthy self-image to daughters, and teach boys both to respect women and "realize that responsibility does not end at conception."

But Obama's main message was the government's duty to address what he said are "moral problems" — such as war, poverty, joblessness, homelessness, violent streets and crumbling schools — and to employ religious institutions to do it.

"As long as we're not doing everything in our individual and collective power to solve the challenges we face, the conscience of our nation cannot rest," he said.

Obama, who has made history by becoming the first black major-party presidential nominee, made frequent references to the civil rights movement and continuing struggles in the black community.

Poll Results
Was reaction to Obama's Iraq remarks overblown?
No 60% 33,862
Yes 40% 22,815
Total Votes: 56,677
Will the situation in Iraq influence how you vote in November?
Yes, a lot 43% 23,612
No, not at all 34% 18,341
Yes, a little 19% 10,274
I won't be voting 4% 2,421

"Here's a suprise but the site will not let me copy it directly so I'll type it :
Straw poll of voters 325,200 voters:
Obama 38 %
Mc Cain 62 %
What think you of them apples ?

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/obama-puzzled-by-iraq-remarks-frenzy/20080705212809990001?icid=100214839x1205120115x120 0244341

Eyelids
07-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Guess who won nearly every GOP straw poll about a year ago?

Ron Paul.

megimoo
07-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Ron Paul.Guess who's going to lose his butt in this election Gomez and it isn't President to be Mc Cain .So pack up your backpack and head for Canada !

Elspeth
07-06-2008, 08:50 PM
[SIZE="3"]Obama 'Puzzled' by Iraq Remarks Frenzy

Straw poll of 325,200 voters:Obama 38 % Mc Cain 62 %,What think you of those apples ?

I think the straw sample was not random enough....

or at least a little trampled.

megimoo
07-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I think the straw sample was not random enough....

or at least a little trampled.
On the Liberal AOL News Poll ?

Straw Poll!
Obama 37% total votes 133,946 votes
McCain 63% total votes 224,017
totol straw votes 358,151 !

Note From AOL: Our weekly survey was restarted again on Friday, June 27 at 11AM ET. We will be launching a new version of this poll shortly that includes third-party

Molon Labe
07-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't think much of straw polls cause they are media stunts. Romney had paid people voting 3 and 4 times a piece at these events last year (which is legal in Straw polls). Just google the video footage of Romney stuffing ballots.
And he won more than McCain.
Ron Paul won the majority of straw polls in the fall...so that tells you how much worth they are.

Goldwater
07-07-2008, 01:17 PM

Ron Paul.

Those were good times. :D

bluemeenie
07-07-2008, 04:29 PM
He preached individual responsibility, saying he knew he risked criticism for "blaming the victim" by talking of the need for parents to help children with homework and turn off the TV, to pass on a healthy self-image to daughters, and teach boys both to respect women and "realize that responsibility does not end at conception."

But Obama's main message was the government's duty to address what he said are "moral problems" such as war, poverty, joblessness, homelessness, violent streets and crumbling schools and to employ religious institutions to do it.

Wasn't this Bush's platform during the 2000 election, and wasn't it titled "compasionate Conservatism" and Personal resposibility...

well if you strike out the gov't duty part...

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Now it's still 38% Obama, 62% McCain with 393,764 votes. It's amazing the DU'ers aren't DU'ing the poll.

I voted---and not for O.

BEG
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Now it's still 38% Obama, 62% McCain with 393,764 votes. It's amazing the DU'ers aren't DU'ing the poll.

I voted---and not for O.

I have started to notice people calling him the "O". I can't help but think of "Overstock.com".......which oddly fits. :p

megimoo
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I have started to notice people calling him the "O". I can't help but think of "Overstock.com".......which oddly fits. :pBull Crap wise he sure is Overstocked!

John
07-07-2008, 06:39 PM
My father keeps calling him Carter. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell whether he's cussing at something Obama said or something that the real Carter did.

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 07:52 PM
You can click on each state - McCain has 82% in Louisiana!

In our primary, Huckabee actually beat McCain.

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I have started to notice people calling him the "O". I can't help but think of "Overstock.com".......which oddly fits. :p

You're right. :D I just call him O because I dislike him so much that don't like wasting time typing out Obama.

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2008, 08:38 PM
You can click on each state - McCain has 82% in Louisiana!

In our primary, Huckabee actually beat McCain.

Thanks for mentioning it; hadn't noticed it. I randomly checked some of the states. So far haven't seen one where Obama is leading, not even in Illinois or DC. :eek:

This is very interesting, to say the least.

AmPat
07-08-2008, 06:43 AM
McCain=65%
Obama=35%

But, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IT WAS STOLEN!:eek::rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
07-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Now it's 66% McCain, 34% Obama, and checked each state. McCain is ahead in every state of the Union.

biccat
07-08-2008, 09:12 AM
My father keeps calling him Carter. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell whether he's cussing at something Obama said or something that the real Carter did.
Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the two.

Although I believe that Obama has so far avoided any killer rabbits.