PDA

View Full Version : Seems Sanford has an "Ensign" problem...

linda22003
06-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Apparently Mark Sanford's confessed an affair at a press conference this hour in SC, and has resigned as head of the Republican Governors' Association. The only article I've seen so far is an AP and I guess we're not supposed to link to those.

Rockntractor
06-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Apparently Mark Sanford's confessed an affair at a press conference this hour in SC, and has resigned as head of the Republican Governors' Association. The only article I've seen so far is an AP and I guess we're not supposed to link to those.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2009/06/south-carolina-governor-mark-sanford-ive-been-unfaithful-to-my-wife.html

linda22003
06-24-2009, 02:57 PM
OK, this looks like a story I can link.

SC Gov. Mark Sanford admits affair, resigns as chairman of Republican Governors Association (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-sc-governor-where,0,7639453.story)

Bubba Dawg
06-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Damnable shame. First and foremost he betrayed his family. Before he betrayed anyone else, citizens, voters or anyone else, he betrayed his family.

The jokes will come....but it's just really tragic for the family.

SarasotaRepub
06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
This guy is a POS and should be removed as Gov. :mad:

Shannon
06-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Wait, wait. I haven't been following the details of this story. He left for Argentina without telling anybody? Then came back and said he was there screwing some chick?

Bubba Dawg
06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Wait, wait. I haven't been following the details of this story. He left for Argentina without telling anybody? Then came back and said he was there screwing some chick?

Yes.

Do you have one of those.....Oh what do you call it........I know.....Televisions! Yes! Televisions!:p

Shannon
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Yes.

Do you have one of those.....Oh what do you call it........I know.....Televisions! Yes! Televisions!:p

I've been reading lately. Rush was gone for three days so I wasn't really listening to talk radio either. I heard something about him being gone but this is just weird.

Bubba Dawg
06-24-2009, 08:40 PM
I've been reading lately. Rush was gone for three days so I wasn't really listening to talk radio either. I heard something about him being gone but this is just weird.

It just broke big this afternoon. A reporter with a cameraman caught him coming in to the Atlanta airport and he had those deer in the headlights eyes looks.

Blood's in the water and the sharks.....and comedians...are circling. It won't be pretty.

check this thread....

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=15423

3rd-try
06-24-2009, 10:07 PM
This guy is a POS and should be removed as Gov. :mad:

Exactly. Another "do as I say, not as I do" politician. If a person insists on talking it, while not walking it, just STFU. You're like Dan Rather. irrelevant.

Bubba Dawg
06-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Exactly. Another "do as I say, not as I do" politician. If a person insists on talking it, while not walking it, just STFU. You're like Dan Rather. irrelevant.

True Dat. Of Course they were playing statements Sanford had made about the Clinton Impeachment (I think the president should resign, etc.)

Hoist on One's Own Petard comes to mind.

Serves him right.

linda22003
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
You've got to feel sorry for the poor putz, having his emails published. They are schoolboyish. This one indicates he's a breast man, an area in which Mrs. Sanford is not overly endowed.

"You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details "

Shannon
06-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm just too cynical to care anymore. What a dumbass.

lacarnut
06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
This guy has been MIA before; this time it caught up with him. I always thought there was something screwy about him. If he could not handle the pressure of Governor, he sure does not belong running for President.

Rebel Yell
06-25-2009, 10:46 AM
"You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details "

Maybe he should run for Governor in Second Life.;)

Seriously, if this is the best the republicans have to offer in 2012, it's gonna be a long 8 years.

noonwitch
06-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Another conservative preserving the sanctity of heterosexual marriage.

At least his wife wasn't standing by his side during his press conference, looking like she wants to put her hands around his throat and start throttling, like Eliot Spitzer's wife.

Shannon
06-25-2009, 01:47 PM
This just confirms what I already knew. All men are bastards.;)

linda22003
06-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Another conservative preserving the sanctity of heterosexual marriage.

And THAT is the real reason the press has such sport with conservative transgressions. Liberal Democrats do not put themselves forward as "defenders of the family". Sanctimony is always a great target.

Rebel Yell
06-25-2009, 02:25 PM
And THAT is the real reason the press has such sport with conservative transgressions. Liberal Democrats do not put themselves forward as "defenders of the family". Sanctimony is always a great target.

The parties actually cancel each other out, in my opnion.

The Republicans do resign from leadership at the very least, Democrats don't.

The Republican party does shun the member, the Democratic Party embraces and promotes theirs.

Republicans do hold themselves up as the standard bearers of family values, which makes it worse when they caught cattin' on the town.

They're all a bunch of fuckin liars to begin with, so I'm not suprised at any of them. They all pretend to be honest, and none of them are. If they were, they'd find an honest line of work.

Defiant1
06-25-2009, 03:33 PM
This just confirms what I already knew. All men are bastards.;)

Yes, but we are HAWT bastards.

Lager
06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
This is what I think the problem is when you believe you can elect leaders as symbols of morals or virtues. People don't look to the government for examples of morality, they look around them. You can do more to enforce virtues in society if you simply instill them in your children, than you can voting for someone of a particular political party. From casual observation, it appears that our society doesn't place much value on virtues or honesty as it maybe once did. Those who run for and win elections are culled from the same society we see around us.

It's a drifting away from one of the key principles of conservative philosophy that enables the weaknesses in our elected leaders, and leads to the charges of hypocrisy. If you keep government as small and as non intrusive into our lives as possible, you limit the power that elected leaders have. IMO it's the volume of power these fools find themselves with that messes with their judgement and causes them to behave like idiots.