PDA

View Full Version : Luxury Yachts Offer Pirate Hunting Cruises

megimoo
06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Luxury Yachts Offer Pirate Hunting Cruises

Luxury ocean liners in Russia are offering pirate hunting cruises aboard armed private yachts off the Somali coast.

Wealthy punters pay 3,500 per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra 5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and 7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

SNIP
The ships deliberately cruise close to the coast at a speed of just five nautical miles in an attempt to attract the interest of pirates.

"They are worse than the pirates," said Russian yachtsman Vladimir Mironov. "At least the pirates have the decency to take hostages, these people are just paying to commit murder," he continued.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3374702.html

Speedy
06-25-2009, 05:45 PM
If my health improves, I may just sign up for one of those. I was born in Texas where one of our core beliefs is that there are people alive who "are in sore need of killin'." Somali pirates are high on the list of people in sore need of killin'.

Constitutionally Speaking
06-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a good way to get rid of the piracy problem to me.

And to think it took the Russians to figure out a free market method of eliminating the problem!

Speedy
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
And to think it took the Russians to figure out a free market method of eliminating the problem!

Obambi figured out the free market and hates it.

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 12:10 AM

Disgusting taint it.

patriot45
06-26-2009, 12:14 AM

:D Good one!

Zathras
06-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Not really a new method...in the 1700's countries used to sell Letters of Marque to people to hunt pirates in the Caribbean and other areas of the world. This is basically the same thing.

Speedy
06-26-2009, 02:36 AM
Not really a new method...in the 1700's countries used to sell Letters of Marque to people to hunt pirates in the Caribbean and other areas of the world. This is basically the same thing.

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again!

http://archive.blogsome.com/images/bsghybrid.jpg

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
The only problem here is the left will use this an open door to empower a UN maritime force.