PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Dead at 50

Troll
06-25-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529103,00.html

LOS ANGELES

Michael Jackson died Thursday afternoon after reportedly going into cardiac arrest at his Los Angeles home, the Associated Press and the Los Angeles Times reports.

Developing...

Molon Labe
06-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Pretty sad. Yeah...he was messed up and had way too much emotional baggage.... But he was real talent in a genre with little of it these days.

SarasotaRepub
06-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Very strange guy with lots of talent...
RIP

Elspeth
06-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Pretty sad. Yeah...he was messed up and had way too much emotional baggage.... But he was real talent in a genre with little of it these days.

The world's a little safer for children today.

Now if only we could get Charles Mason to kick the bucket.

FlaGator
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
He was so talented but the last half of his life was so messed up. Its sad to realize what he could have been compared to what he became. Rest in peace MJ.

SarasotaRepub
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Good God...Rev. Al is on TV spinning his usual BullShit...friggen attention whore.

SaintLouieWoman
06-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Good God...Rev. Al is on TV spinning his usual BullShit...friggen attention whore.

I can't believe how the Rev Al takes advantage of this. He's despicable.

The rumor was going all around my office today. Up til 5pm CDT it just said he was in the hospital. When I got home, saw he was dead.

RIP. It's a shame that his life was so messed up at the end. Sounds like he had a lot of stress.

ralph wiggum
06-25-2009, 08:01 PM

I subjected myself to that crap as well. Now I'm onto something else I don't care about, the NBA Draft. :eek:

Rot in hell, King of Pedophilia.

Celestron
06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
I thought he had a radio show, or has that already been canned?

Jumpy
06-25-2009, 08:11 PM
What a messed up family the Jacksons are. I wonder what will happen to Michaels children. I hope they can finally take off their masks.

patriot45
06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
RIP, M.J.

Can you believe this turned into that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwAmpn8ISV0

SarasotaRepub
06-25-2009, 08:35 PM
I thought he had a radio show, or has that already been canned?

It died. BaDaBING! ;)

JHC, it's going to be MJ 24/7 for a week.

I wonder if DU will say Rove popped him to take the heat off the SC Governator??? :rolleyes::D

patriot45
06-25-2009, 08:40 PM
It died. BaDaBING! ;)

I wonder if DU will say Rove popped him to take the heat off the SC Governator???

He didn't!?!
:rolleyes::D

Rockntractor
06-25-2009, 08:57 PM
It died. BaDaBING! ;)

I wonder if DU will say Rove popped him to take the heat off the SC Governator??? :rolleyes::D

He will be ST Michael by the end of the week. When the media is done with him he may ascend from the coffin straight to heaven.

Full-Auto
06-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I've been listening to Thriller all after noon and drinking Vokda. I've been in tears for the last couple of hours. I can't believe the King is gone.

Rockntractor
06-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I've been listening to Thriller all after noon and drinking Vokda. I've been in tears for the last couple of hours. I can't believe the King is gone.

Never had Vokda.

ralph wiggum
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
It died. BaDaBING! ;)

It is actually driving the DUmmies nuts. They don't know how to react. :D

linda22003
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM

I don't know why this surprises me from you, but it does. What a wonderful talent and a messed up life. I loved the early Jackson 5, all the way through Thriller. After that, it just got bizarre.

Jfor
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. He was an entertainer. After thriller he became a complete freak show. Why is everyone so saddened by him? What did he contribute to the world?

patriot45
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
I thought he has been hiding out in Dubai? Was he even allowed back in the states?

CueSi
06-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't know why this surprises me from you, but it does. What a wonderful talent and a messed up life. I loved the early Jackson 5, all the way through Thriller. After that, it just got bizarre.

Dangerous is where he lost me. I still have my Off The Wall Cassette. . .I'm holding onto it because... it's my childhood.
Say what you will about BET, they are showing his videos. MTV is just . . .talking.

~QC

hazlnut
06-25-2009, 10:09 PM
I was never much of a fan. He was no doubt an extremely well-managed talented singer and dancer. I never saw him as a creative artist in the same sense as a John Lennon or Jimi Hendrix.

Michael Jackson and Elvis were performers who changed the way popular music was produced and marketed, but they were not really musicians or song writers.

Regarding Jackson - get ready for the ugliest custody battle ever. Although he supposedly had some debts, I believe there is still a substantial estate to be inherited. He owned part of the Beatles catalogue.

Shannon
06-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Michael Jackson and Elvis were performers who changed the way popular music was produced and marketed, but they were not really musicians or song writers.

Hey now. You just leave Elvis out of this.

cat714
06-25-2009, 10:22 PM
This is very sad because Joe Jackson really messed all these kids up. I liked MJ's music up until Thriller, but after that, things started to go down hill. That's when he really started to transform himself into a freak and molesting little boys. He's either burning in hell or at peace now that he is free from his own anguish.

Who knows what will happen to his kids, but you bet greedy family members will have their lawyers at the courthouse this week. Hopefully Jackson had enough sense to take care of this beforehand.

hazlnut
06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey now. You just leave Elvis out of this.

Hey, like MJ, Elvis was an outstanding performer/entertainer. I don't think he was know as someone who sat at piano for months at a time tapping out melodies and writing lyrics. The same with MJ. Quincy Jones had as much to do with Thriller as Jackson did--maybe more, I don't know the names of the songwriters/musicians who contributed to that album... Except for Van Halen.

MJ was not Price in terms of prolific creator of music, but Price is not MJ in terms of album sales.

stsinner
06-25-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. He was an entertainer. After thriller he became a complete freak show. Why is everyone so saddened by him? What did he contribute to the world?

People are reacting because he was a phenom. He had more talent in his toenail clippings than Elvis ever had, and look at the clowns that still morn that fat drug addict's passing... Talk about bizarre-there's a whole floor of Elvis' mansion that you're not even allowed to see...

Then look at the Beatles-new style for their time, but mediocre talent at best, if I'm being generous, and they still have legions of fans..

It's all about the craze of the time-they will always be revered.

What did he contribute to the world? He made millions of kids fall in love with music and dancing and follow something that was wholesome and positive, instead of doing drugs on the streets or getting into other mischief. Sure, he turned pedophile later in life, but that doesn't negate the awesome talent and the draw that it had for tens of millions of fans all over the world in the 80's and early 90's.. He gave us some great entertainment, even down to his freaky transformation from average build black kid to anorexic white guy. He was fun to watch, and he would still be packing arenas had his UK tour kicked off and he was in good health..

Shannon
06-25-2009, 11:25 PM
People are reacting because he was a phenom. He had more talent in his toenail clippings than Elvis ever had, and look at the clowns that still morn that fat drug addict's passing... Talk about bizarre-there's a whole floor of Elvis' mansion that you're not even allowed to see...

Then look at the Beatles-new style for their time, but mediocre talent at best, if I'm being generous, and they still have legions of fans..

It's all about the craze of the time-they will always be revered.

Elvis and The Beatles. You just made my list.

Rockntractor
06-25-2009, 11:38 PM

Your just a child. How could you like Elvis and the Beatles?

lacarnut
06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
The world's a little safer for children today.

Correct. Now this freak has to meet his maker.

PoliCon
06-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Your just a child. How could you like Elvis and the Beatles?

you know where liars go don't you . . . .

:eek:CONGRESS!!!:eek:

Mythic
06-25-2009, 11:59 PM
CONGRESS!!!
Oh no! Maybe there is something to Buddhism...I wonder what politician will pop up as Michael Jackson reincarnate...

Teetop
06-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Talented?

Very much so...

Sympathy?

Between shit and syphilis in the dictionary. :cool:

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Talented?

Very much so...

Sympathy?

Between shit and syphilis in the dictionary. :cool:

I'm curious to know what he actually died from . . . .

stsinner
06-26-2009, 12:04 AM

Oh, you thought they sucked ass and were overrated, too? Awesome.. Glad to make the list of the cool kids.. I knew we had a lot in common.

stsinner
06-26-2009, 12:07 AM

Me, too. They said on the news that the people rehearsing his upcoming comeback tour with him said he appeared frail.. That's not sudden cardiac arrest. That's deeper problems, like untreated diabetes or something.

Teetop
06-26-2009, 12:37 AM

I don't think we ever will know....

stsinner
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
"More than 750,000 tickets had been sold for the former King of Pop’s “This is It” concerts. "

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Me, too. They said on the news that the people rehearsing his upcoming comeback tour with him said he appeared frail.. That's not sudden cardiac arrest. That's deeper problems, like untreated diabetes or something.

HIV maybe?

stsinner
06-26-2009, 01:19 AM
HIV maybe?

Man, come on...

Celestron
06-26-2009, 01:28 AM

I would say right now, it could be anything. I had a friend whose employer forced him to get a physical and he passed with flying colors. Two days later, his heart just stopped beating . His autopsy was clean as a whistle. He wasn't taking any medication, didn't smoke, and didn't drink.

Do I think that is what happened in this case...no, but just saying it can happen.

AlmostThere
06-26-2009, 02:30 AM
The Sun is running a story that he collapsed after doing a Demerol injection.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2501914/Michael-Jacksons-last-moments.html

An Emergency Room source at UCLA hospital said Jackson aides told medics he had collapsed after an injection of potent Demerol — similar to morphine.
A Jacko source said: “Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing.
“His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.

Sonnabend
06-26-2009, 04:41 AM
I am a little saddened to see some of you gravedancing. That's DU's sick prerogative.

Yes he was allowed back in, he was a citizen and had not been convicted of anything.

Sleep well, Michael, and may you find in death the peace you never had in life. You and your dearest fried Diana will share one sad shared destiny...the ghouls in the media will never leave you alone.

Vultures. All of them.

noonwitch
06-26-2009, 08:55 AM
A sad ending to a sad life. I loved the old Jackson 5 act when I was a kid, especially the Saturday morning cartoon they had. It was trippy, like so much early 70s children's programming. Most of the music he is most remembered for was made long after I had outgrown his style. Some of his music videos were stunning eye candy.

I have to say I always had some reasonable doubt about the allegations of child molestation. He was an easy target for a shakedown by greedy people. The family involved in the original allegations in the 90s were shady people. He was not convicted in the later case. Yeah, he was crazy not to ensure that he always had witnesses present after the first case. That's why our male workers always take a female worker along when they have to transport a teenaged girl.

I hope there is someone in his family stable enough to give his children a good home.

Rebel Yell
06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
The man is dead. Whatever harm he's done is over now.

What has he done for the world? He's done more for charities than any of us will ever even earn, much less contribute.

I've always been on the fence, as far as whether he was a pedophile. He was just too easy a target. I do believe he was way too comfortable around children. A 45 year old man should never share his bed with another person's child. That doesn't mean he fucked the little boy. He should have been alot more careful about who he had in his house.

As far as doubting his talent, you do know that he did most of his own choreography, right? Have you seen the choreography that went into his performances? Say what you want about the man's personal life, but don't knock his talent.

I was actually sad when I heard this on the radio yesterday. I grew up on Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous (to a lesser degree). When I was just a little Rebel, I could mimic almost all his dance moves. Hell, I can still moonwalk.:D:eek: