PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican

MrsSmith
06-25-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't know if anyone has discussed this book, "I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican" on CU. I'm about half way through it, finding it very interesting. It's full of facts, figures, and personal stories by Harry Stein and many other conservatives stranded in Liberal-Land. It's definitely a book most of us would enjoy.

However, wilbur, you should avoid it. There are way too many facts, figures and truths scattered throughout. Oh, and Mr Smith reminded me that there are no pictures.

I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican: A Survival Guide for Conservatives Marooned Among the Angry, Smug, and Terminally Self-Righteous (http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Believe-Sitting-Next-Republican/dp/159403253X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245984267&sr=8-1)

ralph wiggum
06-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Sounds like an interesting book, Mrs. S.

Especially for someone like me who lived in a district that voted something like 98% for Kerry in 2004.

PoliCon
06-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Sounds like an interesting book, Mrs. S.

Especially for someone like me who lived in a district that voted something like 98% for Kerry in 2004.

Please - come live where I live - SHARPTON got over half of the vote in the 04 primary!:rolleyes: MIND YOU - one of those votes was mine . . . . :D

ralph wiggum
06-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Please - come live where I live - SHARPTON got over half of the vote in the 04 primary!:rolleyes: MIND YOU - one of those votes was mine . . . . :D

You should have seen how Gator jumped at me when I confessed to voting for Mayor Daley more than once.

When no Republicans even bother to run for Chicago Mayor and the only ones going against Daley are Bobby Rush and that ilk, it makes it a no-brainer.