PDA

View Full Version : 'Ark' revelation: Can they dig it?

FlaGator
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Where does Indiana Jones fit it with all this?

Ark hunters and Bible enthusiasts are buzzing about a report that the Ark of the Covenant, the ancient container that holds the Ten Commandments, is expected to be unveiled in Rome today.

As WND reported, the patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world the unveiling of the Ark, which he says has been hidden away in a church in his country for millennia, according to the Italian news agency Adnkronos.

Abuna Pauolos, in Italy for a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI this week, told the news agency, "Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that God delivered to Moses and the center of searches and studies for centuries."

According to the Italian news agency, the announcement is expected to be made at 2 p.m. Italian time (8 a.m. Eastern) from the Hotel Aldrovandi in Rome. Pauolos will reportedly be accompanied by Prince Aklile Berhan Makonnen Haile Sellassie and Duke Amedeo D'Acosta.

Read the story hear (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=102200)

noonwitch
06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't know where Indy is, but don't look at that thing if they open it!

Is there really any way to verify if the treasured item that the Ethiopians have been keeping is truly the Ark of the Covenant? Or whether it's a centuries-old fraud committed so long ago that the people keeping it have begun to truly believe over time that it's the genuine article? Either way, it could make for an interesting episode of "The Naked Archeologist".

Full-Auto
06-26-2009, 10:59 AM
It's great they've found it, but I hope they don't open it.

If they do open it, I hope the Ethiopians don't get to carry it before their militias. That would suck having our Army crushed by a bunch of machete wielding drug lords.

Molon Labe
06-26-2009, 11:10 AM
It's great they've found it, but I hope they don't open it.

If they do open it, I hope the Ethiopians don't get to carry it before their militias. That would suck having our Army crushed by a bunch of machete wielding drug lords.

They will simply be inihilated by lighting bolts and their faces will melt.....nothing to worry about.

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 01:13 PM
It's a copy at best.

Molon Labe
06-26-2009, 06:29 PM
It's a copy at best.

On a serious note. This would be one of the most significant and important events in history if it turned out to be real. I don't count on the powers that be not trying to downplay it's authenticity as they've spent years trying to discredit much of Christian archeology before antiquity.

FlaGator
06-26-2009, 08:50 PM
And now the rest of the story:

The leader of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church today backed off on a much-anticipated announcement about the Ark of the Covenant -- the ancient container holding the Ten Commandment -- which he claims to have seen.

But no other evidence or, indeed, even any announcement, was made public today when word had been expected.

Ark hunters and Bible enthusiasts have been buzzing for two days on the report from the Italian news agency Adnkronos that Patriarch Abuna Pauolos, in Italy for a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI this week, said, "Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that God delivered to Moses and the center of searches and studies for centuries."

He had suggested the possibility the artifact might be viewable in a planned museum.

"I repeat (the Ark of the Covenant) is in Ethiopia and nobody knows for how much time. Only God knows," he said in the Adnkronos report available online.

The report said Pauolos reported the artifact "is described perfectly in the Bible" and is in good condition.

The whole story is here (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=102274)

Rockntractor
06-26-2009, 10:35 PM
They are waiting until they have planted MJ. They didn't want the ark of the covenant over shadowed.

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 11:14 PM
On a serious note. This would be one of the most significant and important events in history if it turned out to be real. I don't count on the powers that be not trying to downplay it's authenticity as they've spent years trying to discredit much of Christian archeology before antiquity.

It's not the real one.

Full-Auto
06-27-2009, 01:11 AM
How did I know this was going to fizzle out?

It's like the hillbillies that claimed to have a frozen bigfoot they killed. Yeah... everyone was all excited but I knew it was just another hoax.

Rockntractor
06-27-2009, 01:14 AM

It's like the hillbillies that claimed to have a frozen bigfoot they killed. Yeah... everyone was all excited but I knew it was just another hoax.
But it hasn't slowed down coast to coast am . They still believe in big foot.

djones520
06-27-2009, 01:19 AM
But it hasn't slowed down coast to coast am . They still believe in big foot.

Don't you?

http://zapatopi.net/bsa/harryandthehendersons.jpg

Rockntractor
06-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Don't you?

http://zapatopi.net/bsa/harryandthehendersons.jpg

Now that was a funny movie!

PoliCon
06-27-2009, 01:41 AM

I don't think that this is a hoax - they do have AN Ark - but it is not THE Ark of the covenant - it's a copy.