PDA

View Full Version : CU Iron Chef Challenge: Scrapple and Crabmeat!

Gingersnap
06-26-2009, 10:07 AM
I could have done another poll with the winning ingredients but this will be more fun.

You must use both ingredients in your dish. You may make any type of dish aside from appetizers (that would be too easy). The more creative you are while still producing something that a normal person would eat, the better. Pay attention to that qualifier - you are creating a dish normal people would eat. You aren't creating a dish that only Eskimos or molecular chefs would eat. Appearance is important so use real plates if you take pics.

You must actually serve your dish to your unsuspecting friends or family and be honest about their comments.

You must post your recipe in normal recipe format with standard measurements.

Now get cooking! :D

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Appearance is important so use real plates if you take pics.

And for pete's sakes - WIPE UP ANY DRIBBLES AND SPILLS! TRY to make it look nice :p

patriot45
06-26-2009, 02:16 PM
And for pete's sakes - WIPE UP ANY DRIBBLES AND SPILLS! TRY to make it look nice :p

Eat me! I will try to plate up to your lofty expectations!:rolleyes:
:D

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Eat me! I will try to plate up to your lofty expectations!:rolleyes:
:D

Hey - any GOOD chef knows - you eat with your eyes and nose as much as with your mouth.

Defiant1
06-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I could have done another poll with the winning ingredients but this will be more fun.

You must use both ingredients in your dish. You may make any type of dish aside from appetizers (that would be too easy). The more creative you are while still producing something that a normal person would eat, the better. Pay attention to that qualifier - you are creating a dish normal people would eat. You aren't creating a dish that only Eskimos or molecular chefs would eat. Appearance is important so use real plates if you take pics.

You must actually serve your dish to your unsuspecting friends or family and be honest about their comments.

You must post your recipe in normal recipe format with standard measurements.

Now get cooking! :D

I guess a sundae with Guinness ice cream is out of the question.

PoliCon
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't think I can even get scrapple here . . . lol

Gingersnap
06-26-2009, 10:38 PM
I guess a sundae with Guinness ice cream is out of the question.

Not at all - if you can get a normal person to enjoy it.

Normal: not drunk, not on a dare, not for a payout, not through some kind of guilt trip.