PDA

View Full Version : (Gay) Pride Party Takes Over SF

megimoo
06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
"NYC And San Francisco Are into a Full Time wall to wall queer Takeovers !"

San Francisco celebrates diversity with the 39th annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Parade & Festival this weekend.

Dozens of pride-related events take place throughout the Bay Area during the week to entertain the thousands of celebrants making the pilgrimage to San Francisco, but the big weekend party at Civic Center Plaza has been known to draw vast crowds in the hundreds of thousands.

This year's event theme keeps the recent struggle for the legalization of same-sex marriage at the forefront of the celebration, drawing the theme concept “In Order to Form a More Perfect Union” from the Preamble to...snip

"Their Idea of a perfect Union is a gay gangbang clusted Ball .

http://www.ktvu.com/health/19849745/detail.html

Lars1701a
06-27-2009, 03:57 PM
I think this would be right up Poli's ally. (as it were) :D

PoliCon
06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I think this would be right up Poli's ally. (as it were) :D

how many times do I have to tell you to keep your homoerotic fantasies off me!?

stsinner
06-27-2009, 04:06 PM
[SIZE="3"][I]"NYC And San Francisco Are into a Full Time wall to wall queer Takeovers !"

San Francisco celebrates sodomy and debauchery with the 39th annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Parade & Festival this weekend.

There. Fixed.

Lars1701a
06-27-2009, 04:25 PM
how many times do I have to tell you to keep your homoerotic fantasies off me!?

You are so not original, you stole that line from me you hack.

RockerWolf
06-27-2009, 04:29 PM
There. Fixed.

NYC And San Francisco Are into a Full Time wall to wall queer Takeovers !"

San Francisco celebrates diversity with the 39th annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Parade & Festival this weekend.

There, corrected.

stsinner
06-27-2009, 05:24 PM

There, corrected.

Nothing diverse about fags. That's called perversion. I hope we'll soon find a cure. Birth Defects are a terrible thing.

PoliCon
06-27-2009, 05:50 PM
You are so not original, you stole that line from me you hack.

hey - I'm not the one with the ghey avatar there buddy boy.

Zathras
06-28-2009, 05:27 AM

San Francisco celebrates deviancy and indecency with the 39th annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Parade & Festival this weekend.

Fixed for the truth.

Sorry Fluffy but you are way off base if you think what went on in San Francisco was for diversity. You'd probably fit right in though.

BadCat
06-28-2009, 11:03 AM
It is for things like this, that they invented hand grenades.

megimoo
06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Sucking the Oxygen Out of a Cave or Frisco !
During Operation Anaconda, the United States rolled out a new weapon--the thermobaric bomb. It's worse than a Daisy Cutter, and it may have San Francisco's name on it.

Zathras
06-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Naw, not enough coverage. A full load of Snake and Nape along the parade route would do the trick. Easy target too. Start dropping at the Ferry building and and you should get good coverage all along the parade route up Market St.

Full-Auto
06-28-2009, 06:38 PM
You guys will make fun of anything.

hazlnut
06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Nothing diverse about fags. That's called perversion. I hope we'll soon find a cure. Birth Defects are a terrible thing.

I hope we find a cure for homophobia and bigotry first.

Ignorance and intolerance are a far more terrible thing.

Lars1701a
06-28-2009, 10:30 PM

No Fags spread AIDS i have not heard of any STD's caused by bigots or homophobes.

Teetop
06-28-2009, 10:42 PM

Two words;

Cluster bomb. (http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cobra-11/Strike%20Films/?action=view&current=NellisTDY2002WCMDTest.flv)

stsinner
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM

You'd have to literally be retarded to think that homosexuality is normal and have a very basic knowledge of the human body and procreation.. And since it's NOT normal, and since you fags believe that you're born that way (which I don't buy for a second), I sincerely hope they find a cure for this birth defect, because no baby should be born with things so abnormally formed such as the part of the brain that is responsible for sexuality..

Plus, I've never known a fag or dyke that was happy-they acted overly happy because of their overriding shame, but we all know this is just a facade, and they go home at night in cry into their pillow that no one of the opposite sex finds them attractive or appealing at all and have to live their sick, demented, sodomy-ridden life.

I've had several arguments with homos on whether it's a choice or birth defect, and they have many times said, "I would never choose to live this life where I'm made fun of and hated like I am, " in so many words.. So if this is true, and it is, in fact, a birth defect, then I hope they soon find a cure for it.. Imagine the energy we would have for other issues if all of the sickos weren't homosexual and actually gave all that gay-rights energy toward causes like getting Obama impeached or stopping the farce that is global warming from ruining our lives with unfathomable taxes and regulations, as the bill that's now headed to the Senate does..

stsinner
06-28-2009, 10:47 PM
No Fags spread AIDS i have not heard of any STD's caused by bigots or homophobes.

LOL... That's a good one!!

hazlnut
06-28-2009, 10:55 PM
LOL... That's a good one!!

You, lars, BC just have a good ol' time, cracking each other up.

It doesn't change the fact that the views you express on this board are homophobic and a bigoted.

Be well.:)

stsinner
06-28-2009, 11:01 PM

It doesn't change the fact that the views you express on this board are homophobic and a bigoted.

Calling names is easy stuff, poopie head! If you bothered to pay attention in school, you'd know that 'phobic' means fear, and I'm sure as hell not scared of perverted homosexuals after spending 4 years on the Army Boxing Team.. I just think they're icky, perverted and pathetic.

I'll save the you hard work-Phobia: an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation

Also, just to illustrate your ignorance, I'll teach you the definition of Bigoted:
–adjective
utterly intolerant of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

If I was, "Intolerant," of homosexuals, I wouldn't work for one in a volunteer position (no pay). Nice try throwing the standard words around that usually shut down conversation, but I'm too good for you, and I only deal in facts, not feelings.

Normal people have the ability to have an opinion on something and still tolerate it and not otherwise act on our feelings.. It's called being an individual and having your own mind, instead of allowing society to brainwash you.

Be well. :)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/groupthink.gif

CueSi
06-28-2009, 11:46 PM

Straight people spread STD's too, man. . .didn't you read the Frito-lay thread?

~QC

Lars1701a
06-29-2009, 03:03 AM

Gays spread aids: CORRECT

Whats your point? Is that statement in anyway wrong? Is it Homophobic?

I dont really care what a CU$T like you has to say.

Lars1701a
06-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Straight people spread STD's too, man. . .didn't you read the Frito-lay thread?

~QC

I ment to say gays spread aids more per capita then any other group of people.

Bigots and homophobes on the average dont.

hazlnut
06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Calling names is easy stuff, poopie head! If you bothered to pay attention in school, you'd know that 'phobic' means fear, and I'm sure as hell not scared of perverted homosexuals after spending 4 years on the Army Boxing Team.. I just think they're icky, perverted and pathetic.

I'll save the you hard work-Phobia: an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation

Also, just to illustrate your ignorance, I'll teach you the definition of Bigoted:
–adjective
utterly intolerant of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

If I was, "Intolerant," of homosexuals, I wouldn't work for one in a volunteer position (no pay). Nice try throwing the standard words around that usually shut down conversation, but I'm too good for you, and I only deal in facts, not feelings.

Normal people have the ability to have an opinion on something and still tolerate it and not otherwise act on our feelings.. It's called being an individual and having your own mind, instead of allowing society to brainwash you.

Round and round...We've already had the 'phobia' conversation. You can't change the meaning of words--homophobia means what it means and your views/posts are what they are. All bigotry is fear based, so, in a sense, you do fear gays.

Volunteer, really? Then you come to CU to vent your rage and true feelings. How lucky for us.

Posting here is a form 'acting out' on your feelings. You're anonymously making bigoted and homophobic remarks. It's like writing on a bathroom wall--you're free to say whatever you want and nobody can confront you directly.

Why not just post on Stormfront and go hog wild? Say everything you feel without having to edit yourself after being called out for your 'ghetto negro' thread.

No one's trying to brainwash you. We're just making you aware that your views/posts on this board are homophobic and bigoted. It is what it is, pal. You can can try to gift wrap racism and bigotry, but the package still smells ugly. Sorry.

CueSi
06-29-2009, 01:51 PM

Bigots and homophobes on the average dont.

Actually, in Dade County... where I live and where ALOT of new AIDS cases are found. . .most common is Male to Female. May be different in DC or SF, but in MIA, guy to girl is the most common, especially among black people who don't have a great love for gay people.

~QC

stsinner
06-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Round and round...We've already had the 'phobia' conversation. You can't change the meaning of words-.

I'm not trying to change what a word means-I'm going by the dictionary.. It's the ignorant that use it incorrectly incessantly that are trying to change the meaning.

And, actually, what you're doing is trying to make me believe that right and wrong is subjective and depends on the situation, and that's not true. It's not bigoted to follow the Bible. You're love for sodomy and perversion doesn't make you right-it makes you sick and weak.

And I didn't get "called out" in my ghetto negro thread.. I cite statistics, and if you can dispute the statistics I mention feel free to do so. That's pretty much where that thread ended up.

And if you haven't noticed, you're pretty much in the minority on this issue on this board, as you are in society at large, so stop trying to act like I'm some squeaky wheel. Most people don't approve of homosexuality-they simply tolerate it.

noonwitch
06-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Actually, in Dade County... where I live and where ALOT of new AIDS cases are found. . .most common is Male to Female. May be different in DC or SF, but in MIA, guy to girl is the most common, especially among black people who don't have a great love for gay people.

~QC

In Detroit itself, it's spread through needle sharing and prostitution, gay and straight, but young, black, hetero females are the fastest growing group of patients.

In the suburbs, it's still mostly a gay thing.

hazlnut
06-29-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not trying to change what a word means-I'm going by the dictionary.. It's the ignorant that use it incorrectly incessantly that are trying to change the meaning.

Yes, I agree. So, why do you keep trying to change he meaning of 'homophobia' and 'homophobic'.

The views you post, the words and tone you use to express your views, they are all very homophobic--like it or not. Lars and BC don't even try to defend it. Why do you? Do you not want to be known as a bigot?

So, don't use words generally associated with bigotry. -- In the beginning of this thread you tried to say homosexuality was a birth defect. That's an ugly and ignorant thing to say. Sure you didn't use the word 'fag' like lars and BC like to, but what you said was still meant to strike out at homosexuals in a hateful way. Do I have to spell it out for you?

As far as who is in the minority here (on this particular board) -- I don't think CU wants to be known for homophobia and bigotry. Free expression, first amendment rights, sure--but as soon as you let anger, fear, and intolerance direct the tone of the conversation, you've crossed over into bigotry.

As far as who is in the minority in this country--that would be the homophobes and the bigots.

wilbur
06-29-2009, 08:50 PM

Lesbians contract or spread far less sexually transmitted disease than either heterosexuals or homosexual males... this is simply because of the "logistics" of lesbian sex.

The obvious conclusion: Lesbians are God's chosen people.

Rockntractor
06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Lesbians contract or spread far less sexually transmitted disease than either heterosexuals or homosexual males... this is simply because of the "logistics" of lesbian sex.

The obvious conclusion: Lesbians are God's chosen people.
You don't believe in God wilbur.

stsinner
06-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Yes, I agree. So, why do you keep trying to change he meaning of 'homophobia' and 'homophobic'.

The views you post, the words and tone you use to express your views, they are all very homophobic--like it or not. Lars and BC don't even try to defend it. Why do you? Do you not want to be known as a bigot?

So, don't use words generally associated with bigotry. -- In the beginning of this thread you tried to say homosexuality was a birth defect. That's an ugly and ignorant thing to say. Sure you didn't use the word 'fag' like lars and BC like to, but what you said was still meant to strike out at homosexuals in a hateful way. Do I have to spell it out for you?

As far as who is in the minority here (on this particular board) -- I don't think CU wants to be known for homophobia and bigotry. Free expression, first amendment rights, sure--but as soon as you let anger, fear, and intolerance direct the tone of the conversation, you've crossed over into bigotry.

As far as who is in the minority in this country--that would be the homophobes and the bigots.

Oh, I tire of your annoying whining..

What you're whining about is the honest statement that other people feel but are afraid to say because of militant people like you who are trying to make homosexuality mainstream and make people think it's normal when it's not and that it's those of us who are normal and don't want sodomy normalized think that we're the ones who are wrong.

Yes, I called it a birth defect, and I stand by that as long as you stand by your contention that you're born that way and don't choose it. It's not normal behavior-it's a perversion of the natural order of things, and only a retarded person incapable of reason or a brainwashed fool would argue otherwise. So if that's the case that you're born that way and it's not normal, then it's a birth defect that we should work diligently to eradicate. just as we work to cure leprosy or autism.. You can't tell me that our society benefits from people being gay and that if all the gays eventually died off because the birth defect was cured that we'd do anything but celebrate the triumph over another birth defect. Our society would not suffer due to the loss of this segment of our society which is nothing but combative and troublesome as of late, forcing their sodomy and debauchery into the spotlight and into our faces. We wouldn't lose any people-we'd simply triumph over a behavior and has caused many problems in our society and many thousands of devastated parents and siblings and destroyed families, not to mention annoying the vast majority of the populace who has an intact moral compass with their protests and lawsuits. The same people would continue to be born, so it's not like I'm advocating certain people not being born, but I'd just rather they be born normal so they can champion a cause, if they choose to do so, that will benefit the world and America in some way, rather than to whine about us not accepting their abnormal lifestyle.

Full-Auto
06-29-2009, 09:08 PM
You'd have to literally be retarded to think that homosexuality is normal and have a very basic knowledge of the human body and procreation.. And since it's NOT normal, and since you fags believe that you're born that way (which I don't buy for a second), I sincerely hope they find a cure for this birth defect, because no baby should be born with things so abnormally formed such as the part of the brain that is responsible for sexuality..
13% of the population is left handed. Is this a birth defect too? How do we know homosexuality isn't part of the design? Perhaps it's natures method of preventing over population. Who knows. What we do know is that it happens naturally, and has throughout history. It's not the result of malnutrition, exposure to radiation, etc. As I said, it's been around as long as man has kept written historical records.

It's pretty bold to say it's unnatural. Do you have God's engineering diagrams or something? If so, do you care to share them? I would be interested in finding out how you've come to this conclusion. I suspect it's more of "they're not like me, I don't understand them, therefore they are unnatural" syndrome.

Plus, I've never known a fag or dyke that was happy-they acted overly happy because of their overriding shame, but we all know this is just a facade, and they go home at night in cry into their pillow that no one of the opposite sex finds them attractive or appealing at all and have to live their sick, demented, sodomy-ridden life.
That's because our culture teaches them from an early age they are defective and unnatural. What if we did that to left handed children, autistic children, children that wear glasses, or even Black children? Would you consider that to be a good thing? How can you tell a young person who is secretly struggling with their sexuality that they're wrong? That they're going to Hell? That they're to be scorned and outcast? And you wonder why suicides are high in the gay community? It's because of people like you who talk down to them, tell them they're defective and immoral who drive them to suicide.

I've had several arguments with homos on whether it's a choice or birth defect, and they have many times said, "I would never choose to live this life where I'm made fun of and hated like I am, " in so many words.. So if this is true, and it is, in fact, a birth defect, then I hope they soon find a cure for it.. Imagine the energy we would have for other issues if all of the sickos weren't homosexual and actually gave all that gay-rights energy toward causes like getting Obama impeached or stopping the farce that is global warming from ruining our lives with unfathomable taxes and regulations, as the bill that's now headed to the Senate does..
Maybe we'll find a cure for left handed people, Black people, and people who like ketchup on their hotdogs. I mean, if they're not just like you they obviously suffer from a birth defect. Let's make everyone identical... Orwell would be so proud!

Shannon
06-29-2009, 09:12 PM
13% of the population is left handed. Is this a birth defect too?

Yes. I've never met a sane left handed person.

stsinner
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
13% of the population is left handed. Is this a birth defect too? How do we know homosexuality isn't part of the design? Perhaps it's natures method of preventing over population. Who knows. What we do know is that it happens naturally, and has throughout history. It's not the result of malnutrition, exposure to radiation, etc. As I said, it's been around as long as man has kept written historical records.

Well, if there were things on Earth that could only be done by a right-handed person and that no left-handed people could do, then we'd have to look into that, but the silly analogy doesn't hold up because there's nothing left-handed people can't do. We simply make products for the left-handed person.
But when the human body is designed the way it is and procreation happens when people partake of the normal sexuality and behaviors, it's pretty obvious that this is the "correct" way it should be. There's no other way it can work, unlike being left-handed where you can always get done what you desire to do. There's no way other than hetero sex to get procreation done without unnatural and, some would argue immoral, intervention..
To claim that its nature's way of controlling the population is to say that nature has decided before birth that some peoples' family tree should end when with that branch, and that could be considered hateful.

For the record, I believe that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a birth defect, but as long as I'm forced to acknowledge it in that way by homosexuals, I'll stand by my assertion that it's a birth defect and not normal.

It's pretty bold to say it's unnatural. Do you have God's engineering diagrams or something? If so, do you care to share them? I would be interested in finding out how you've come to this conclusion. I suspect it's more of "they're not like me, I don't understand them, therefore they are unnatural" syndrome.

That's not a serious question, so I won't bother.. It boils down to morality and my religion, which is a whole 'nother topic, because I believe from what I've read in your posts that you're either agnostic or atheist, right?

That's because our culture teaches them from an early age they are defective and unnatural. What if we did that to left handed children, autistic children, children that wear glasses, or even Black children? Would you consider that to be a good thing? How can you tell a young person who is secretly struggling with their sexuality that they're wrong? That they're going to Hell? That they're to be scorned and outcast? And you wonder why suicides are high in the gay community? It's because of people like you who talk down to them, tell them they're defective and immoral who drive them to suicide.

Look, man, I didn't start this shit-I don't attack gays. I'm simply responding to the militant push to force homosexuality on us and make us accept them and give them marriage and teach our kids that they're normal and on and on... I'm fine with them being homosexuals in their PRIVATE lives, but why do I need to know? Why do I need to see them in the news when I turn my TV on because out of the closet isn't enough? Now they want this recognition and that recognition and to be joined in a ceremony that is rooted in religion and morality, instead of just accepting full rights and civil unions.. They have sued to march in St. Patrick's day parades and stuff, and I just don't think it's right for them to march in family-oriented events like parades. It's obnoxious. I didn't embark on some crusade to crush the homosexual, or something-I'm just responding in a thread that someone started and giving my opinion. It differs from yours-fine. That's what makes the world go round.

As for children who are confused about their sexuality, I think they should undergo counseling-family counseling because I believe that it's many times the way the parents treat the child that influences this confusion.. There are many documented cases of a distant, non-nurturing mother in these circumstances or an effeminate father who wasn't not a good role model. I don't think that we should tell a child that is struggling with their sexuality that it's perfectly normal and allow them to work that issue out on their own, totally unprepared and uneducated and having no experience from which to draw.

As far as the rest, it's not a very well thought out question with regard to different races, birth defects, etc and ostracizing them. I'm going to ignore the being born black aspect, as it's totally inappropriate to ask that question. It's obvious when you're born that you're black, but there's no scientific evidence to verify whether or not you're born homosexual or choose to be.

Regarding the children who are born with autism or some other affliction, that's called a handicap, and it's sad, and we should help them in any way possible. I highly doubt that we'll have autistic children or children with Muscular Dystrophy growing up, forming a group, suing to be treated equally, telling me that they're no different than me and that they're just as normal as me and that nothing is wrong with them, even insulting those of us who aren't handicapped because we won't agree that they're not handicapped in any way. They generally know and acknowledge their handicap, depending on the degree to which they can reason, and deal with it. They'll live as normal lives as they can, and accept the help that we give them. It's a totally different situation. It's the offensive nature of the homosexuals' march on society and demanding that we disavow our religious teachings and ignore the Bible and its teachings and accept them as perfectly normal and natural. They're the ones on the attack, not society.

Full-Auto
06-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, if there were things on Earth that could only be done by a right-handed person and that no left-handed people could do, then we'd have to look into that, but the silly analogy doesn't hold up because there's nothing left-handed people can't do. We simply make products for the left-handed person.
But when the human body is designed the way it is and procreation happens when people partake of the normal sexuality and behaviors, it's pretty obvious that this is the "correct" way it should be. There's no other way it can work, unlike being left-handed where you can always get done what you desire to do. There's no way other than hetero sex to get procreation done..
That's another big assumption on your part. You assume the only reason we're all here is simply to "procreate" and nothing else. Who told you that?

If homosexuality is a birth defect, then roughly 13-20% of the population suffers from this birth defect. That's just as many defects as the left handed defect. And yes, the analogy to left handed people is sound. There are lots of things left handed people can't do properly, like operate a M16 or 1911 pistol. We don't make those tools fit them, we force them to use the tool which was designed for a right handed person.

To claim that its nature's way of controlling the population is to say that nature has decided before birth that some peoples' family tree should end when with that branch, and that could be considered hateful.
Nature doesn't decide anything. It's random. There's nothing hateful about it because I don't believe it's a birth defect. You're the one preaching hate because you believe, with no supporting scientific evidence, that homosexuality is a defect that needs to be cured.

For the record, and believe that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, not a birth defect, but as long as I'm forced to acknowledge it in that way by homosexuals, I'll stand by my assertion that it's a birth defect and not normal.
Which is it? You don't even know what you believe. First it's a birth defect, now it's a life style choice. Take your pick, but you can't have it both ways. Is it a conscious decision or a birth defect?

That's not a serious question, so I won't bother.. It boils down to morality and my religion, which is a whole 'nother topic, because I believe from what I've read in your posts that you're either agnostic or atheist, right?
You and your assumptions. You really suck at making them. I'm a Christan and have been my entire life. I just happen to read from a different Bible than you do. Mine tells me not to pass judgment. My God and Savior hung out with prostitutes and taught me to not be judgmental... but instead to be accepting of all God's creations. If what you originally claimed were true, and homosexuality is a "birth defect", that means God created them that way for a reason. I don't know what his reason is, but apparently you know as much or more than God does because you've been given the power to pass judgment.

Look, man, I didn't start this shit-I don't attack gays. I'm simply responding to the militant push to force homosexuality on us and make us accept them and give them marriage and teach our kids that they're normal and on and on... I'm fine with them being homosexuals in their PRIVATE lives, but why do I need to know? Why do I need to see them in the news when I turn my TV on because out of the closet isn't enough?
Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps you're the reason they're so vocal? For thousands of years they've been the butt of jokes (no pun intended), the victims of attacks, the subjects of scorn and now they're organizing to fight back. If you didn't spend so much time trying to convince the world they're products of birth defects and demand science find a cure to fix them, perhaps they wouldn't feel the need to be militant.

When the Blacks were fighting for their civil rights they were protesting in the streets, were on television nightly and bigots across the nations said the same thing. "I don't care if they're Black, I just don't want them forcing that shit down my throat".

What the gays are doing is uniting and fighting back against oppression. Stop trying to "fix" them and judging them and they'll eventually disappear into the background like every other group.

hazlnut
06-29-2009, 10:01 PM

It's actually a perfect analogy--when you begin too see and understand sexual orientation the way psychologists do in terms of degrees, stronger to weaker proclivity toward one orientation or another. You do understand that some people are considered left-brained and some right-brained, referring to the way they approach and solve problems, creativity, logic, etc. Why is it so difficult for you to accept that some people are born different in terms of their sexuality and sexual orientation?

Stsinner, if you really want to get better informed about sexual orientation and brain chemistry, there is plenty of info out there. But to just deny mainstream theories about this issue may be comforting to you, but it is not addressing the issue and forming your opinion in an intelligent manner.

No, there is no gay gene--but brain development and hard-wired personality traits like sexual orientation are a functions of genetics, pre-natal nutrition and other pre-natal issues. People are born with a proclivity toward either opposite sex or same-sex attraction. There is little choice in this matter.

stsinner
06-29-2009, 10:39 PM
That's another big assumption on your part. You assume the only reason we're all here is simply to "procreate" and nothing else. Who told you that?

I don't assume that it's the "only" reason we're here, but to live a lifestyle that takes the option away can't be natural, in my opinion.

If homosexuality is a birth defect, then roughly 13-20% of the population suffers from this birth defect. That's just as many defects as the left handed defect. And yes, the analogy to left handed people is sound. There are lots of things left handed people can't do properly, like operate a M16 or 1911 pistol. We don't make those tools fit them, we force them to use the tool which was designed for a right handed person.

The figures I've read concerning the percentage of the population that's homosexual are closer to 4%, but of course there's no official numbers because the number is evidently always in flux..

The analogy about the left-handed person is not sound because even though they don't make an M16 or 1911 for left-handed people, they could. It's a choice made by companies. There is nothing we could produce or drug we could create that would cause butt-sex or carpet-munching to result in procreation.

Nature doesn't decide anything. It's random. There's nothing hateful about it because I don't believe it's a birth defect. You're the one preaching hate because you believe, with no supporting scientific evidence, that homosexuality is a defect that needs to be cured.

You're the one that said that maybe it's nature's way of controlling population growth.. Perhaps you were joking-I couldn't tell. I'm bad at making assumptions.

Which is it? You don't even know what you believe. First it's a birth defect, now it's a life style choice. Take your pick, but you can't have it both ways. Is it a conscious decision or a birth defect?.

My, "Official position," is that it's a choice or the result of experiences in your upbringing. For two people I know, they were heterosexual until their marriages went to hell and they got treated poorly by their husbands. They turned gay after that, both having had at least on child during the marriage, and both are now in a homosexual relationship.

But when homosexuals are arguing, they'll say that it's not a choice, and so I simply adopt their argument and argue it in a way that fits their assertions that it's determined before birth. If so, then I consider it a birth defect.

You and your assumptions. You really suck at making them. I'm a Christan and have been my entire life. I just happen to read from a different Bible than you do. Mine tells me not to pass judgment. My God and Savior hung out with prostitutes and taught me to not be judgmental... but instead to be accepting of all God's creations. If what you originally claimed were true, and homosexuality is a "birth defect", that means God created them that way for a reason. I don't know what his reason is, but apparently you know as much or more than God does because you've been given the power to pass judgment.

Sorry about he assumption of your religion-it was an assumption made after some pretty harsh posts made elsewhere in different company that I wouldn't normally think a Christian would make. You've enlightened me, and I'll keep that in mind in the future. I apologize if you were offended.

I'm normally not one to quote Bible passages, but you've made a claim, and I feel the need to respond to it-I promise it won't become a habit:
In the King James Version, Leviticus 18:22 is translated: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

So we're not allowed to judge, and however a person is born is perfectly acceptable, is it? What about the man that is born and is attracted to nothing but young boys? No other person incites the slightest feelings of lust or attraction.. Do we defer back to the Bible and say, "Hey, my God said not to judge others..?" Who the hell are we to tell him that the way he was born isn't allowed? NAMBLA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Thorstad) wouldn't like that.

Right and wrong do exist, and no matter how large a group is or how much noise they make, it doesn't change the morality of their behavior.

Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps you're the reason they're so vocal? For thousands of years they've been the butt of jokes (no pun intended), the victims of attacks, the subjects of scorn and now they're organizing to fight back. If you didn't spend so much time trying to convince the world they're products of birth defects and demand science find a cure to fix them, perhaps they wouldn't feel the need to be militant.

Well, believing, as I do, that it's an immoral lifestyle, I say again-I'm fine with them being relegated to their houses to practice their immorality. What do they absolutely need to do out in society that requires them informing me of their sexuality? What job can't they perform without me knowing that they're homosexual? How does society knowing their sexual orientation improve or influence society in any way that we wouldn't miss if tomorrow every single person kept their sexuality a secret and reserved that for private places?
Why does sexuality even matter, as long as they have full rights and civil unions? I really don't care otherwise.

When the Blacks were fighting for their civil rights they were protesting in the streets, were on television nightly and bigots across the nations said the same thing. "I don't care if they're Black, I just don't want them forcing that shit down my throat".

What the gays are doing is uniting and fighting back against oppression. Stop trying to "fix" them and judging them and they'll eventually disappear into the background like every other group.

In order to compare the civil rights fight of blacks with homosexuals trying to get us to call them normal, you'd have to be able to prove that people are born homosexual and have no control over it, and we simply don't have any evidence to support that. Also, I don't remember reading anywhere in the Bible that blacks must ride in the back of the bus and drink at separate drinking fountains and having to ignore those teachings in order to give blacks their civil rights that of course they should have.. In fact, some blacks think that gay rights activists are misappropriating civil rights struggles for their own purposes

stsinner
06-29-2009, 10:51 PM
No, there is no gay gene--but brain development and hard-wired personality traits like sexual orientation are a functions of genetics, pre-natal nutrition and other pre-natal issues. People are born with a proclivity toward either opposite sex or same-sex attraction. There is little choice in this matter.

Well, we'll have to shelve that argument in the absence of facts and possibly re-visit it should that situation change.

So let me construct this argument in a way that involves common sense and reason, but without sounding insulting or insensitive, because that's absolutely not my intention..

I don't think homosexual is the correct way nature intended humans to live. Of course, when I say nature, in my case I mean God, but for non-believers, we can still carry on and just use nature.
I base this not only on the Bible and its teachings, but on the observation of the construction and purpose of the human body where males and females "fit together" perfectly.

You believe that homosexuality is a birth-trait and that it's perfectly normal and natural and right. Am I correct? Assuming you answered in the affirmative, I'll go on. Remember-I'm bad at making assumptions, so perhaps I'm totally wrong about your answer.

What about people who are born with no legs? They were born that way, so is that still just a perfect human body, but just with a different set of circumstances, or would you say that that human body is defective in that it's missing two limbs? So it's not "right." It is natural, because it happened without any human intervention, but is it just fine and normal?

How about an autistic child that is born, or my niece, who has Glute-1 Deficiency (http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=glut1deficiencysyndrome), has to eat a disgusting diet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet) to avert grand mal seizures and won't mature past about 1.5 years of age mentally.. They are born that way, so it is perfectly natural, but wouldn't most people argue that something went wrong in the brain during the formative months in the womb that resulted in these children being this way? Or did everything go right and some people were just destined to be this way and should be considered just a variation of normal? I believe that for most people it's the former, so we can't say that just because someone was born a certain way that it's still just as right as rain and they shouldn't be differentiated in any way.

Hope I succeeded in waging that argument as respectfully as possible.