PDA

View Full Version : Obama Could Work for The New York Times

patriot45
06-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Burt surely don't care for libs!
Hits the nail on the head! (http://townhall.com/columnists/BurtPrelutsky/2009/06/29/obama_could_work_for_the_new_york_times?page=full&comments=true)

Back in 2008, New York Times correspondent David S. Rohde, along with Afghan reporter Taki Luden, were abducted in Pakistan by the Taliban. Because they felt it might adversely affect hostage rescue efforts, the Times requested a news black-out. The Associated Press and other news agencies respected the request and only broke the story recently, after Rohde and Luden had scaled a wall and made their escape. It would be nothing other than a story with a happy ending, except that the Times has time and again ignored the governmentís requests that it not report the specific ways in which we were combating Islamic terrorists.

Itís enlightening to know that so far as the New York Times is concerned, censorship is not only moral, but mandatory, when the life of one of its employees might be at risk, but is not to be condoned when the lives of thousands of soldiers and civilians might hang in the balance.

However, when it comes to hypocrisy, the Times isnít alone. For instance, when George W. Bush fired eight U.S. attorneys, the outrage voiced by the media would have had you believe that heíd personally ripped the Constitution into a thousand tiny pieces. Compare that to the silence that greeted Obamaís dismissal of Inspector General Gerald Walpin. It had been Walpinís responsibility to oversee government-subsidized volunteer programs, such as AmeriCorps. Walpinís team of investigators discovered serious irregularities at St. Hope, a California non-profit run by former NBA star Kevin Johnson. It seems that an $850,000 grant, which was supposed to go towards tutoring Sacramento students and supporting theater and art programs, instead was used to pad staff salaries, meddle in a local school board election and pay AmeriCorps members to perform personal services for Mr. Johnson, including washing his car.

When Walpin recommended that Johnson, an assistant and St. Hope, itself, be cut off from federal funds, he was fired by the president. Did I mention that Mr. Johnson is a friend and was an early supporter of Barack Obama? I guess you can take the man out of Chicago, but you canít take Chicago out of the man. Not even when heís sitting in the Oval Office.

Some of us have been puzzled by the personal animosity that Obama has shown towards those, like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh, who oppose his radical left-wing agenda. Clearly, the man is so narcissistic and thin-skinned that he canít conceal his contempt for anyone who doesnít openly adore him. I donít entirely blame him, though. Like a little brat who is never disciplined by his parents when he misbehaves, Obama is the inevitable result of a media that has mollycoddled him ever since he came on the scene.

Frankly, I canít figure out what it is that people find admirable about the president. I, myself, was profoundly upset that he couldnít even muster up a few inspirational words for those brave souls in Tehran who were standing up to the murderous mullahs and their hand puppet, Ahmadinejad. But, on further reflection, it occurred to me that maybe he just didnít want Americans to get any funny ideas about freedom and liberty

Continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/BurtPrelutsky/2009/06/29/obama_could_work_for_the_new_york_times?page=2)