PDA

View Full Version : Moody Monday

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Hot, hot, hot, YEAH!! Been swimming every day.

TOTD: What other political (or interesting) Internet sites do you enjoy?

linda22003
07-07-2008, 07:45 AM
My other regular hangout is CruiseCritic.com, because vacations don't plan themselves.

SarasotaRepub
07-07-2008, 07:48 AM
It's 76 and humid here right now. Maybe some T-Storms and I need to cut the grass.

TOTD: Weather.com to watch for potential weather related disasters and of course...Global Warming News!!!! :D

Shannon
07-07-2008, 09:30 AM
It's super hot here today. What a surprise! I want it to be November already.

TOTD: I really don't. I check out NU sometimes but that's about it.

ConJinx
07-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Bay news 9, for the cool weather graphics. Google world, because that's the only way I'll see places I'd like to visit.

Gingersnap
07-07-2008, 10:00 AM
It will be cloudy and in the mid 80s here which is just about right. I'm looking forward to a few non-party days for a while. That whole sociability thing gets to me after a while although we did have a great time.

TOTD: There are knitting sites that I visit for technical advice and I read GardenWeb from time to time. I always cruise Free Republic and I read The High Road. That's mostly it since I don't have unlimited time. I get all my news off the Internet, of course.

jendf
07-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Ugh. Good title for today's thread, LL. Despite having lived in the desert for 29 years, I never get used to these summers. Oppressive heat. I went for a short run yesterday morning and felt like crap for the rest of the day. Drinking more water than a fish and still feel hot and grumpy.

Today is shaping up to be the same. Thank goodness I work in a nice air-conditioned building. I don't know how construction workers and other outdoor professionals do it! I'm in awe.

TOTD: Runner's World for motivation, updates and news in the world of running. TMZ for celebrity gossip. Mental Floss to sharpen my mind. Calorie King to remind me to watch those food choices!

Cold Warrior
07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Still overcast and mild (low 70s) here in the metropolis. I was supposed to be in Zurich this week, but the client has had a change of heart and is now completely reassessing the project (ironically, in the direction I recommended after the first week). So, I'm working out of the house this week.

TOTD: Drudge is my homepage and probably my next most accessed site is The Sun (English tabloid) for their soccer coverage. I don't participate in any other message boards, other than this and an occassional stop at NU. Sometimes if I want a glimpse into trailer park life, I pop into Clietus' Cesspool (where they value their dogs, more than their womin folk). :D

biccat
07-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Sometimes if I want a glimpse into trailer park life, I pop into Clietus' Cesspool (where they value their dogs, more than their womin folk). :D
That's because dogs are expensive to buy and train. If you lose a dog, you have to get a new one and spend a lot of time teaching him how to behave.

Women are only expensive to get rid of. If you lose a woman, you count your blessings and hope another one doesn't find you.

TOTD: I look at esoteric things. PatentlyO blog, Michelle Malkin, websites on programming or electronics, SCOTUS blog...

DarkScribe
07-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Hot and humid and just drove home from work through rain...gotta love summers in Florida.

TOTD: Not a lot, except occasionally checking out HorrorWorld.org to see what writers are posting on their boards (Ed Lee, of course). Sometimes I'll go to other author sites, but not many. I also like checking out movie trailers on Yahoo Movies... My own companies website has some cool new features including some interactive author stuff and special "featured author" sites called B&N Studio, I think.

Cold Warrior
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
That's because dogs are expensive to buy and train. If you lose a dog, you have to get a new one and spend a lot of time teaching him how to behave.

Women are only expensive to get rid of. If you lose a woman, you count your blessings and hope another one doesn't find you.

Well, I guess you're right. Particularly amongst the trailer set, if your dog costs you more than your woman, you treat the dog better. :D

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 07:02 PM
When mu husband went to Desert Storm, I bought a cute little mobile home (translation "trailer") from a family member and put it by my Mom's house. We had a new GMC Safari van that cost more than the house did!

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2008, 08:27 PM
When mu husband went to Desert Storm, I bought a cute little mobile home (translation "trailer") from a family member and put it by my Mom's house. We had a new GMC Safari van that cost more than the house did!

Guess you're part of the "trailer set". The classy part. And you had an eeevil van, too.:eek::D

Cold Warrior
07-07-2008, 08:37 PM

Did you ever publicly berate your husband for letting the dog out on the internets, clearly indicating you valued the dog more than the spouse? If not, you may have lived in a trailer (actually I did once for three months when I was 22), but you're not trailer trash.

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I keep seeing the dog references but am not real sure what it refers to.:confused:

My "mobile home" was quite nice. It had a fireplace and we only lived in it about 6-7 months. We kept it for vacations for about 10 more years. When he left for Saudi, my daughter was a baby and it was great being near my family.

Gingersnap
07-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I keep seeing the dog references but am not real sure what it refers to.:confused:

My "mobile home" was quite nice. It had a fireplace and we only lived in it about 6-7 months. We kept it for vacations for about 10 more years. When he left for Saudi, my daughter was a baby and it was great being near my family.

It's a joke. A mean-spirted joke against people in "fly-over" country but still kind of amusing. I say that as a victim of "fly-over country" jokes. :D

Cold Warrior
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I keep seeing the dog references but am not real sure what it refers to.:confused:...

The quote is from one of your oldest and bestest friends, LL:

I stayed up until about 3AM Saturday morning. Of course this means I'd be sleeping in until about 11AM. I wake up to cries from my little girl, Bella, my female Lhasa. Apparently dumbass with NO domestic skills at all, I.e., my wife, left them both, Bailey and Bella, outside. She's in heat. Has been for a while. ... I slept upstairs in the "Chris" bed because, apparently, I snore when I'm drunk, and woke up to the cries. I run downstairs and out the back door to my dogs. ... They had mated. GDAMNIT!... ******* dumbass left them outside when she ran GDamn errands at 8AM. At this point, I could have probably strangled her f'n ass. ...

As the poster I admire the most (not the Father, the Son, or the Holy Ghost! :D) observed, "an interesting glimpse into" trailer life.

BTW, thanks LL for asking the question that allowed me to post this.

Phillygirl
07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Did you ever publicly berate your husband for letting the dog out on the internets, clearly indicating you valued the dog more than the spouse? If not, you may have lived in a trailer (actually I did once for three months when I was 22), but you're not trailer trash.

How do you let your dog out on the internets? Do it need a cyber leash?

Gingersnap
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
How do you let your dog out on the internets? Do it need a cyber leash?

Heck, no! It's free country. The stock need to look after themselves. :D

megimoo
07-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, I guess you're right. Particularly amongst the trailer set, if your dog costs you more than your woman, you treat the dog better. :DNow that was funny,it got a chuckle out of me at least !

megimoo
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
It's super hot here today. What a surprise! I want it to be November already.

TOTD: I really don't. I check out NU sometimes but that's about it.Did you read of the wedding ?

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
The quote is from one of your oldest and bestest friends, LL:

I have no idea who that is.:o

Cold Warrior
07-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I have no idea who that is.:o

Of course you do. Look at the "aka" in the quote (and his greatest role). :D