PDA

View Full Version : Obama's plane makes unscheduled stop at Lambert..

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Obama's plane lands in St. Louis for maintenance

ST. LOUIS (AP) - The airplane carrying Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has made a safe, unscheduled landing in St. Louis Monday after a maintenance issue arose en route from Chicago to Charlotte, N.C.
The pilot has announced from the cockpit that the plane experienced a problem maintaining the proper pitch, or control over keeping the nose at the proper angle, as it was taking off from Chicago. FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown says the plane had a flight control problem.

The pilot has announced, "We have full authority of the aircraft." A mechanic has boarded the plane and was planning to inspect the problem on the ground in St. Louis.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D91P32700&show_article=1

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Wellstone speculation has begun at DU.

jinxmchue
07-07-2008, 11:49 AM

Gee, now there's a surprise.[/extreme sarcasm]

FlaGator
07-07-2008, 11:56 AM

You're being sarastic aren't you :)

LogansPapa
07-07-2008, 12:06 PM

It wasn’t one of my actuators! Honest!:eek:

LibraryLady
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
You're being sarastic aren't you :)

Union Label (359 posts) Mon Jul-07-08 11:13 AM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3575265)
Obama's plane diverting to ST. Loius
NO link yet, a mechanical problem, or repukes trying to Wellstone him?

backscatter712 (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-07-08 11:31 AM
Response to Reply #9 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=6464892&mesg_id=6465039)
12. I wouldn't put it past the Bushies to have one of their plumbers "Wellstone" him...
I don't put anything beneath the Bush administration. Absolutely nothing.

They were at it early.

ConJinx
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Too bad it wasn't an emergency landing in a large body of water so Obama could've been photographed walking on the surface, rescuing a small child.

megimoo
07-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Too bad it wasn't an emergency landing in a large body of water so Obama could've been photographed walking on the surface, rescuing a small child.Or parting the waves and walking ashore leading a small child and its mother !

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
It's all over the local news. Obama just got off the plane about a half hour ago. Why he stayed on for almost 2 hours is a mystery. They said he deplaned and got into an SUV. I believe the reporters also got out. O is heading to a "local hotel".

Before they start the Wellstoning, perhaps they should consider that the plane had been the one Hillary used in her campaign. :eek: Oh, the possibilities with that one. :D

lacarnut
07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Before they start the Wellstoning, perhaps they should consider that the plane had been the one Hillary used in her campaign. :eek: Oh, the possibilities with that one. :D

Oh, noes. The wicked witch is trying to cast her black magic on the Obamastar. Obama needs to employ the services of a good fortune teller. :eek:

jendf
07-07-2008, 03:56 PM
It's all over the local news. Obama just got off the plane about a half hour ago. Why he stayed on for almost 2 hours is a mystery. They said he deplaned and got into an SUV. I believe the reporters also got out. O is heading to a "local hotel".

Are we just calling him "O" now? He's so awesome, one letter will suffice. Is that it? :D

Sadie5
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I think he realized that protestors were waiting for him at his destination and deplaned in St. Louis to give an unannounced speech. JMO

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I think he realized that protestors were waiting for him at his destination and deplaned in St. Louis to give an unannounced speech. JMO

Wouldn't put it past him! :D

On the local news someone commented about a slide or something that had been engaged that had messed with the handling of the plane. Maybe it was fixed---by some mysterious person! Don't think it was a Wellstone deal.

Eyelids
07-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Maybe it was fixed---by some mysterious person!
Karl Rove you sly dog :D

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Karl Rove you sly dog :D
No, thinking more of one of the Hillary discontents. There are a lot of them here. :D

SarasotaRepub
07-07-2008, 08:38 PM
The second I heard this story on the news I knew DU would be
all up in arms and the cry of "WellStone" would be heard far and wide!!! :D

Teetop
07-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I found this;

Very interesting......the plane in question was the one used by Hitlery. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/obamas-plane-sc.html)

This was not Obama's regular campaign plane, which is being overhauled. It was a loaner, having previously been used by Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY.

:eek:

asdf2231
07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
The kid needs to watch his back.

You don't mess with the Hildabeast.

They'll probably find him on the floor any day now laid out by a toaster explosion.

:D

AmPat
07-09-2008, 09:00 AM
It's all over the local news. Obama just got off the plane about a half hour ago. Why he stayed on for almost 2 hours is a mystery. They said he deplaned and got into an SUV.

You're right, it shouldn't take him this long to clean out his shorts.