PDA

View Full Version : IDF Blocks 'Free Gaza' Boat From Reaching the Hamas Regime

Teetop
06-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Also known as, the SS Moonbat. (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132124)

(IsraelNN.com) A ship sent to break the isolation of the Hamas regime in Gaza was intercepted by the Navy overnight Monday and forced to remain in international waters. IDF sources still had no comment on the developing situation on Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday, the ship was still off Israel's coast, "continuing to Gaza."

The Free Gaza ship, The Spirit of Humanity, left Cyprus early Monday and reached the edge of Israeli maritime jurisdiction on Monday night, after crossing from Lebanese waters. Israeli naval vessels apparently contacted the ship and blocked its progress south to Gaza in the middle of the night. Activists on board claimed they were threatened and had their navigational equipment electronically jammed by the IDF.

Shortly afterwards, the Spirit headed West in order to be sure to remain in international waters. Later in the morning on Tuesday, the ship was still off Israel's coast, "continuing to Gaza," according to the Free Gaza organization.

Israeli naval vessels repeated a warning message to the would-be infiltrators that they "will not be allowed to proceed to Gaza."

Foreign Ministry sources confirmed that "because of the history of this organization, we informed them that they would not be permitted to [go to Gaza]." Officially, the Spirit of Humanity is registered as on its way to Port Said, Egypt.

Reports differ even from within the Free Gaza organization as to what the ship, ostensibly sent to provide moral support for the Hamas regime in Gaza, is carrying. Ramzi Kysia, a Free Gaza organizer, said that each of 21 passengers was carrying a kilogram of cement, an olive tree sapling, a water purifier, school materials and construction tools. Other Free Gaza sources say that there are 20 saplings on board and one "symbolic" bag of cement. Foreign media reports leading up to the attempted maritime infiltration claimed the 21 activists were bringing three tons of medicine and other humanitarian aid. Among the passengers are former US congresswoman Cynthia McKinney and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Mairead Corrigan-Maguire, famed for dramatic, but failed, attempts to end confessional violence in Northern Ireland.

http://rightmoment.blogspot.com/Pics/CM.jpg

patriot45
06-30-2009, 05:44 PM
O lord, with her on board it is like anti aircraft and topedo mojo! What a beast!

3rd-try
06-30-2009, 06:47 PM
...and she's as smart as she is charming.

Apocalypse
06-30-2009, 10:55 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WYjBARlQnps/SVqD__ndsII/AAAAAAAAAoc/0JHkp46ctl4/s400/McKinney_Yacht_01.jpg

noonwitch
07-01-2009, 11:50 AM
There are legitimate agencies who provide support (like food, water, medicine and school materials) to palestineans. Most major church denomintations do so. I know the UMC does, and I'm reasonably sure that there is a catholic agency that does, too (just because they always have people providing services in almost every part of the world). I would rather support a group that has programs already in place and have worked with both the palestineans and the Israeli government to ensure that the donations get to the target population than a group of silly people looking to get headlines.

djones520
07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
There are legitimate agencies who provide support (like food, water, medicine and school materials) to palestineans. Most major church denomintations do so. I know the UMC does, and I'm reasonably sure that there is a catholic agency that does, too (just because they always have people providing services in almost every part of the world). I would rather support a group that has programs already in place and have worked with both the palestineans and the Israeli government to ensure that the donations get to the target population than a group of silly people looking to get headlines.

This wasn't about donations Noonwitch. This was a publicity stunt, nothing more.

It's sick the type of people who will capitalize on stuff like this for a bit of fame.

SPYDER
07-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Poor ole Cindy!! Now where is that .gif image of her with the eyes going in circles!!!:D