PDA

View Full Version : We are all gonna die.

stsinner
06-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Using flash technology, photographer Simon Hoegsberg has created a one hundred meter long image of people which he subtitles ‘100 meters of existence’. Over the course of a twenty day period in 2007 he took pictures of hundreds of people from the same place on a bridge in Berlin, Germany. These were then spliced together and this sliding view of humanity on their way who knows where is the result. Slide along and people watch!

http://www.simonhoegsberg.com/we_are_all_gonna_die/slider.html

megimoo
06-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Great picture .The pair, man and woman with eye gauze look like they both belted each other .Did you see the guy with the extended digit.There's something about Germans that seems to make them easy to identify as being German ?

Shannon
06-30-2009, 09:07 PM
It doesn't work for me.

Gingersnap
06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Wait. What? I thought this was an EOTWAWKI thread. :confused:

stsinner
06-30-2009, 10:38 PM
I love this picture.. I posted it in a photography forum, and it's interesting which people stand out to different people...

There are a lot of profound thought in this picture if you take the time.. Just into it, there's a middle-aged man, very fit looking, dressed in jeans and a denim shirt with a smart belt.. obviously not out to impress anyone-obviously been in the work force a while.. And then there's a twenty-something kid in a suit-tie and all.. Obviously dressed to impress.. This is very early in the picture (before the lade with the skunk stripe).. We'll get to more as the picture is digested... 100 meters long-now that's a picture.. It captures a good cross section of humanity in this part of Germany.

The stoner with the blue glasses on the bicycle kind of creeps me out...

Some people look so determined, and some just look so lost..

What about the man carrying the baby in a nursing sling with headphones on.... Weird.....

And the guy next to him with dual hoop earrings sucking on a pudding pop....

The dual right-eye patch is a hoot, though.. Unless a local optometrist was running a special on right-eye lasik, somebody has some 'splainin' to do.......

What a neat picture.

Rockntractor
06-30-2009, 10:46 PM
I love this picture..

I feel sorry for the baby in the stroller with the mother that has the skull and crossbones t-shirt. Reminds me of Shannon!

stsinner
06-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I feel sorry for the baby in the stroller with the mother that has the skull and crossbones t-shirt. Reminds me of Shannon!

OH, damn....

AlmostThere
06-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Using flash technology, photographer Simon Hoegsberg has created a one hundred meter long image of people which he subtitles ‘100 meters of existence’. Over the course of a twenty day period in 2007 he took pictures of hundreds of people from the same place on a bridge in Berlin, Germany. These were then spliced together and this sliding view of humanity on their way who knows where is the result. Slide along and people watch!

http://www.simonhoegsberg.com/we_are_all_gonna_die/slider.html

There are stand-alone tools that could do this splice but Photoshop CS3 and CS4 can do this kind of job with just a few clicks on the mouse. The Auto-align and Auto-blend commands are really impressive in CS4. I've done panoramas that seemed impressive at first look but were really easily done. I wonder if he has model release forms from all those folks? At least the ones who are recognizable. Good way to get sued.

noonwitch
07-01-2009, 09:51 AM
It doesn't work for me.

Me, neither.

stsinner
07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Here's the guy to which I was referring:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/doper.jpg

Full-Auto
07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
I love this picture.. I posted it in a photography forum, and it's interesting which people stand out to different people...

What photography forum?

stsinner
07-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Then we have these two-the guy on the right is a dead ringer for German to me, but the guy on the left-not so much...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/Germans1.jpg

stsinner
07-01-2009, 10:26 AM
What photography forum?

The Photo Forum

Full-Auto
07-01-2009, 10:28 AM
The Photo Forum

Was that a while back? I didn't think you still posted over there.

stsinner
07-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Was that a while back? I didn't think you still posted over there.

Yeah, it was probably six months ago. I just came across the picture again on DIGG, and thought the good folks at CU would appreciate it.

linda22003
07-01-2009, 10:34 AM

I kept looking for that, and didn't see it. It was hard to control the "slider" part of it. I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish or what the title is supposed to tell us - we all know we're going to die, don't we?

stsinner
07-01-2009, 10:36 AM
I kept looking for that, and didn't see it. It was hard to control the "slider" part of it. I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish or what the title is supposed to tell us - we all know we're going to die, don't we?

Linda, I found that it's easier to ignore the slider at the bottom and just hover your cursor over the picture. That way you can go to the middle to stop scrolling or go to the right or left side of the picture to scroll either way just by moving it slightly.

Full-Auto
07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I think it's a fun image. I enjoy seeing people doing their daily things... I guess I'm intrigued by our diversity.

linda22003
07-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Yep, got it. And found the skull and crossbones with the baby stroller. The t-shirt was so faded I took it to mean "I used to have a wild life, and now look what's happened to me". :p

I'm more the Cupcake and Crossbones type. I have two of these t-shirts:

http://images.vimeo.com/63/28/36/63283695/63283695_300.jpg

stsinner
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Imagine how different that picture would look in America with regard to weight..

Shannon
07-01-2009, 01:29 PM

I can't view it. Is she fat?:mad:

linda22003
07-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I can't view it. Is she fat?:mad:

No, but she is tragically small-breasted. You can go after him on that.

Shannon
07-01-2009, 02:40 PM
No, but she is tragically small-breasted. You can go after him on that.

There's nothing wrong with that. Less problems as you age...so I hear.