PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaeda warns France of revenge for burka stance

Gingersnap
07-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Al-Qaeda warns France of revenge for burka stance

Jun 30 11:42 AM US/Eastern

http://i44.tinypic.com/oa2bya.jpg

Al-Qaeda's North Africa wing threatened on Tuesday to take revenge on France for its opposition to the burka, calling on Muslims to retaliate against the country, the US monitoring service SITE Intelligence reported. Earlier this month, President Nicolas Sarkozy said the burka, which covers the whole face, was not welcome in the strictly secular country.

"Yesterday was the hijab (the Islamic headscarf long banned in French schools) and today, it is the niqab (the full veil)," Abu Musab Abdul Wadud, head of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb was quoted as saying.

"We will take revenge for the honour of our daughters and sisters against France and against its interests by every means at our disposal."

The group also called on Muslims to retaliate for what it called French "hostility" against the community and its attempt to obstruct Islam's practice on its territory.

"For us, the mujahedeen ... we will not remain silent to such provocations and injustices," Abdul Wadud said without elaborating, according to SITE.

"We call upon all Muslims to confront this hostility with greater hostility, and to counter France's efforts to divide male and female believers from their faith with a greater effort ... (by) adherence to the teachings of their Islamic sharia."

He said Muslims in France, who are estimated at around five million, are "increasingly concerned about the practices of French politicians and leaders and their harassment".

On June 22, Sarkozy said the burka was not a symbol of religious faith but a sign of women's "subservience," adding that the head-to-toe veil was "not welcome" in staunchly secular France.

The French National Assembly set up an inquiry into the rising number of Muslim women who wear the burka.

France is home to Europe's largest Muslim community and faces a dilemma between accommodating Islam and maintaining secularism. In 2004, it passed a law banning headscarves or any other "conspicuous" religious symbols in schools to uphold a separation between church and state.

Al-Qaeda number two Ayman al-Zawahiri criticized the law, saying the decision showed "the grudge the Western crusaders have against Islam."

France is the only state in Europe to have such a ban.

Breitbart (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.3ec79e2e7a25748f4b9623ac728de66 3.611&show_article=1)

Zathras
07-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, here's yet another example of the Islamofascist at work, trying to move the world into the 12th century. :(

FlaGator
07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Perhaps the honor of their daughters and sisters would be best served if they relocated to a country that has laws that supported the wearing of their veils. When in infidelastan do as the infidels do.

Rockntractor
07-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Perhaps the honor of their daughters and sisters would be best served if they relocated to a country that has laws that supported the wearing of their veils. When in infidelastan do as the infidels do.
Amen!

satanica
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, here's yet another example of the Islamofascist at work, trying to move the world into the 12th century. :(

You are confused.

AQ wants the women in France to have a choice, like they did before.

France doesn't want to give the people the choice.

lacarnut
07-02-2009, 09:58 AM
You are confused.

Ain't life a bitch; especially if you are a dummy.

Zathras
07-02-2009, 10:01 AM
You are confused.

Al Qaeda doesn't want choice for the women in France. Women are property, not people, to these thugs. No confusion here. Choice for the Islamofascist is do it our way or die. No middle ground.

And I also noticed you missed the part about any other "conspicuous" religious symbols in schools....don't see the Jewish community threatening violence for not letting men wear the Yarmulke, do you?

satanica
07-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Al Qaeda doesn't want choice for the women in France. Women are property, not people, to these thugs. No confusion here. Choice for the Islamofascist is do it our way or die. No middle ground.

They are calling for choice in France.

I believe people should be able to wear what they want. Why would you be against that ?

Zathras
07-02-2009, 10:13 AM
They are calling for choice in France.

This is calling for choice? Sounds like a call for violence and bloodshed to me?

"We will take revenge for the honour of our daughters and sisters against France and against its interests by every means at our disposal."
"For us, the mujahedeen ... we will not remain silent to such provocations and injustices"
"We call upon all Muslims to confront this hostility with greater hostility, and to counter France's efforts to divide male and female believers from their faith with a greater effort ... (by) adherence to the teachings of their Islamic sharia."

I believe people should be able to wear what they want. Why would you be against that ?

Sounds like to me in this case you're for the repression of women.

satanica
07-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Listen up fools, this isn't about AQ, it's about France and it's people.

Do you think the people of France want a choice in what they wear ? ..or do they want to be told what to wear ?
Forget AQ ...Lets talk about the people of France.

Sonnabend
07-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Forget AQ ...Lets talk about the people of France.

..and let's see and note that they are agreeing with Sarkozy, seeing what a mess Britain has become after going dhimmi.

Western democracy = freedom

France is not an Islamic state, and it makes perfect sense that those who want to live in the country adhere to the laws and mores of that nation.

They want Islamic custom? Let em go live in Iran.

stsinner
07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Listen up fools, this isn't about AQ, it's about France and it's people.

You're the fool! France is a strictly secular country. The Burqua is a religious symbol. (It also happens to be demeaning to the women of Islam, but they wear it because they are afraid of the men of Islam who want the women in dresses so that they look like the men). So it stands to reason that the French don't want an oppressive religious outfit worn in public.

satanica
07-02-2009, 10:33 AM
So....

The US should do the same ?

The US should bann the Burqa ?

linda22003
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
The Netherlands has passed a law that immigrants need to be able to speak the language within three years of arrival, and they are specific that this must include the women of the household - no cloistering them away from society.

Sonnabend
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM
So....

The US should do the same ?

The US should bann the Burqa

Yep, and outlaw CAIR as well. Then impeach Obama, throw him out of office.

After that, I'd like a cappucino and a croissant thanks :)

noonwitch
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
You are confused.

AQ wants the men of France to make the choice for the women. If I had a daughter attending public school, I would object to a teacher who wore a burka. Not one who wore a hijab, I don't see that the same way.

If the french government is paying the teacher's salaries, they have the right to enact a dress code for employees. If a female teacher insists on wearing a burka, maybe she should get a job in a private school.

I do think that if women in this country want to wear the burka, fine, but don't expect accomodation by the rest of us-don't expect to drive with it on, wear it for a passport or id photo, or while teaching in a taxpayer-funded school.