PDA

View Full Version : Brothels put on staff for US navy

megimoo
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
PERTH brothels are increasing staff to contend with the arrival of two US warships carrying more than 5400 sailors. Nuclear powered aircraft carrier USS George Washington and guided missile cruiser USS Cowpens docked off Fremantle yesterday. Prevalent in groups of five or six on the streets of Perth today, some sailors were asking locals: "Where do you go to party?". Business groups estimate the sailors' arrival will boost the local economy to the tune of $5 million during the ships' five-day stay.

The owner of Perth brothel Langtrees, Beverly Clarke, said today she had put on five extra staff for...

"Great job opportunity's and get to see Australia at the same time !"

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25728107-29277,00.html

Zathras
07-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Hmmm, I remember Fremantle and Perth when I was in the Navy. We had just done a 70+ day stint in the Indian Ocean as part of the USS Kitty Hawk's battle group during the Iranian Hostage Crisis. They had us anchor in the harbor because there was no room for us to dock at the pier and if you wanted to go ashore for liberty you had to use one of the ship's boats ase a taxi. I was one of the lucky ones that got to go ashore the day we pulled into port. Since the ship was on a four day duty rotation I didn't have to be back for 3 days. They had a program where Australians could sign up and have American sailors as guests in their homes to show them the sights and other things. I managed to hook up with a nice looking woman and had a great time for the next three days....let's just say I didn't see much of the city during those 3 days...and nights ;). On the night before I was supposed to go back to the ship for duty a storm came in and made it too rough in the harbor to use the small boats to shuttle crew back and forth to the ships. I was stuck ashore for 4 more days with my lady friend before I could return to the ship for departure. I have to say that was the best week I had in my entire military career. :D

megimoo
07-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Hmmm, I remember Fremantle and Perth when I was in the Navy. We had just done a 70+ day stint in the Indian Ocean as part of the USS Kitty Hawk's battle group during the Iranian Hostage Crisis. They had us anchor in the harbor because there was no room for us to dock at the pier and if you wanted to go ashore for liberty you had to use one of the ship's boats ase a taxi. I was one of the lucky ones that got to go ashore the day we pulled into port. since the ship was on a four day duty rotation I didn't have to be back for 3 days. They had a program where Australians could sign up and have American sailors as guests in their homes to show them the sights and other things. I managed to hook up with a nice looking woman and had a great time for the next three days....let's just say I didn't see much of the city during those 3 days...and nights ;). On the night before I was supposed to go back to the ship for duty a storm came in and made it too rough in the harbor to use the small boats to shuttle crew back and forth to the ships. I was stuck ashore for 4 more days with my lady friend before I could return to the ship for departure. I have to say that was the best week I had in my entire military career. :DDid she take liberties with you ?

Zathras
07-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Did she take liberties with you ?

Heh heh,....let's just say liberties were taken...and given. :D

megimoo
07-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Heh heh,....let's just say liberties were taken...and given. :D
We were in Sydney for two weeks for a show of the flag.Two heavy cruisers and one light .They had a bank setup under a tent with armed guards on Circular Quay to change currency so most men had a pocket full of money .There were pretty girls everywhere all looking for an American sailor to take home for the weekend to show mom and pop .

The first day there I had shore Patrol and took a walk around of the city and had to turn down more beer than I ever saw in my entire life. Every place we checked for drunk sailors invited us in to have a drink mate on the house.The phones on the quarter deck were ringing off the hook all day with girls looking for dates ,It was like a sailors dream of dying and going to heaven where the girls are all pretty and the beer it is is free and there is never a Gale (Fiddlers Green) !

After about a week of girls and beer most of the crews crashed for a day or so to recover their bodily fluids and sober up a bit .

One beautiful girl I met offered me five thousand dollars to marry her and take her to The USA .I asked if I could have a sample and she turned me down .

Rockntractor
07-03-2009, 12:26 PM
One beautiful girl I met offered me five thousand dollars to marry her and take her to The USA .I asked if I could have a sample and she turned me down .

It would only seem right!