PDA

View Full Version : Schools bar parents from sports day... to keep out paedophiles .

megimoo
07-04-2009, 08:34 AM
"Things Have sure 'gone to Hell in the UK !"

Parents were banned from attending an inter-school sports day to protect pupils from kidnappers and paedophiles.

The host school said they could not prevent 'unsavoury' characters from sneaking in.
More than 270 pupils from four local primaries took part in the East Beds School Sports Partnership Athletics Day at Sandy Upper School in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire last week.

Youngsters aged seven and eight competed in the long jump, hurdles, sprint, 400 metres and relay races. Their parents, many of whom wanted to take time off work to attend, condemned the ban.

One mother, who did not wish to be named, said: 'They said they just could not estimate how many parents were going to be there, and were worried that they couldn't stop someone who shouldn't be there from being there. But I think it's just health and safety gone mad.'

Mother-of-three Emma Collett, 33, of Biggleswade, has a child at St Andrew's Lower School in the town.

She said: 'I would have taken time off work to support my child. It would have meant a lot to me.
'I'm all for measures to protect the safety of children but lines must be drawn and common sense must prevail.'

Paul Blunt of the East Bedfordshire School Sports Partnership, which ran the event, said the 'ultimate fear' was that a child could be abducted.

He said: 'If we let parents into the school they would have been free to roam the grounds. All unsupervised adults must be kept away from children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197284/Schools-bar-parents-sports-day--paedophiles.html?ITO=1490

PoliCon
07-04-2009, 12:12 PM
"Things Have sure 'gone to Hell in the UK !"

Parents were banned from attending an inter-school sports day to protect pupils from kidnappers and paedophiles.

The host school said they could not prevent 'unsavoury' characters from sneaking in.
More than 270 pupils from four local primaries took part in the East Beds School Sports Partnership Athletics Day at Sandy Upper School in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire last week.

Youngsters aged seven and eight competed in the long jump, hurdles, sprint, 400 metres and relay races. Their parents, many of whom wanted to take time off work to attend, condemned the ban.

One mother, who did not wish to be named, said: 'They said they just could not estimate how many parents were going to be there, and were worried that they couldn't stop someone who shouldn't be there from being there. But I think it's just health and safety gone mad.'

Mother-of-three Emma Collett, 33, of Biggleswade, has a child at St Andrew's Lower School in the town.

She said: 'I would have taken time off work to support my child. It would have meant a lot to me.
'I'm all for measures to protect the safety of children but lines must be drawn and common sense must prevail.'

Paul Blunt of the East Bedfordshire School Sports Partnership, which ran the event, said the 'ultimate fear' was that a child could be abducted.

He said: 'If we let parents into the school they would have been free to roam the grounds. All unsupervised adults must be kept away from children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197284/Schools-bar-parents-sports-day--paedophiles.html?ITO=1490
Yet another false claim of wanting to protect kids from pedophiles. :mad: I call BULLSHIT. if they really wanted to protect kids from pedophiles they would not let the bastards roam the streets!!

Elspeth
07-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Yet another false claim of wanting to protect kids from pedophiles. :mad: I call BULLSHIT. if they really wanted to protect kids from pedophiles they would not let the bastards roam the streets!!

If TPTB really wanted to protect the world from pedophiles, some of them would be pulling the plug on the Michael Jackson funeral orgy this Tuesday. Why that criminal was let go by the Santa Barbara jury I'll never know.

stsinner
07-04-2009, 12:22 PM
This is disgusting-so the lowlifes win, yet again... They live in fear of the criminals instead of living life as usual and crucifying the bastards when they catch them.. There are plenty of ways to ensure that nobody leaves without proper identification with their kid.. If Chuck-e-Cheese can figure it out, surely the Brits can, too... No, no-they'd rather just act like incompetent boobs.

There shouldn't be any more crime in England at all-there's like two CC cameras for each citizen, and they aren't allowed to carry as much as a butter knife around. And their dumbest move to date-disarming the police, because we all know that a no-gun law means that all the criminals will rush to turn in their guns..

Sonnabend
07-04-2009, 06:14 PM
If TPTB really wanted to protect the world from pedophiles, some of them would be pulling the plug on the Michael Jackson funeral orgy this Tuesday.

Elspeth...you cant stop anyone having a funeral. Agreed about the media frenzy...but seriously...no.

Gingersnap
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Yet another example of how bureaucrats are completely unable to do a rational risk assessment.

The vast majority of child molestations are performed by the mother's lover, family friends or relatives. The vast majority of kidnappings are parental. Even then, we aren't talking about huge numbers.

The child is much, much more likely to come to the notice of pedophiles through sexting and chat rooms than on the playing field. :rolleyes:

Lanie
07-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I really wish schools would get some common sense on the safety subject.

PoliCon
07-06-2009, 11:18 PM

They can't. The government keeps mandating INSANITY! PA just passed a law that requires anyone wanting to work with kids to get their finger prints done every year that they are looking for a job as part of their efforts to protect kids from child predators. THEY DON'T FUCKING CHANGE ASSHOLES! My prints are not going to change year to year! WTF!

PoliCon
07-06-2009, 11:20 PM
If TPTB really wanted to protect the world from pedophiles, some of them would be pulling the plug on the Michael Jackson funeral orgy this Tuesday. Why that criminal was let go by the Santa Barbara jury I'll never know.

But that's the problem. They're NOT serious about it. They're only serious about APPEARING TO BE serious about it and about protecting their own asses.

Lanie
07-06-2009, 11:43 PM
They can't. The government keeps mandating INSANITY! PA just passed a law that requires anyone wanting to work with kids to get their finger prints done every year that they are looking for a job as part of their efforts to protect kids from child predators. THEY DON'T FUCKING CHANGE ASSHOLES! My prints are not going to change year to year! WTF!

I have to say that is dumb, and a waste of money.

PoliCon
07-07-2009, 12:07 AM
I have to say that is dumb, and a waste of money.

AH but MONEY is what it is all about!! :mad:

NJCardFan
07-07-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm afriad that the UK is falling into an abyss to which they may never be able to recover. Every day it's something new and even more stupid than the situation the day before.

noonwitch
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM

I think this is a case of potential liability. The school is not responsible for the presence of pedophiles in the community. A paranoid lawyer/advisor is probably behind it all.

They are saying that because it is an inter-school activity, they can't vouch for the parents of children from the other schools. The backrounds of those parents is beyond what they can know prior to the event, and they don't have enough staff to properly supervise.

PoliCon
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I think this is a case of potential liability. The school is not responsible for the presence of pedophiles in the community. A paranoid lawyer/advisor is probably behind it all.

They are saying that because it is an inter-school activity, they can't vouch for the parents of children from the other schools. The backrounds of those parents is beyond what they can know prior to the event, and they don't have enough staff to properly supervise.

But - back to reality - if they would LOCK THE BASTARDS UP - there would be nothing to worry about