PDA

View Full Version : L.A. aims to limit Jackson crowd

Elspeth
07-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Have we ever seen this much to-do over the death of a pedophile? It turns my stomach, but, like a car accident, it's hard not to look at it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jackson-memorial4-2009jul04,0,5053375.story

L.A. aims to limit Jackson crowd
By Cara Mia DiMassa, Richard Winton and David Zahniser
July 4, 2009

Facing overwhelming demand for tickets to Michael Jackson's memorial service, officials are warning those who do not win seats for Tuesday morning's Staples Center event to stay away as police plan a massive deployment around the downtown arena.

A total of 17,500 free tickets will be distributed to people selected at random from among those who register by 6 p.m. today at www.staplescenter.com.

So many people tried to register for the lottery that the website's server briefly crashed Friday morning as the ticketing process was announced. More than 500,000 people had registered for the lottery by Friday evening, a spokesman for the Jackson family said. They can't all be NAMBLA members!

Seeking to discourage massive throngs, officials said that there would be no funeral procession and that no one would be allowed inside a large area around Staples unless they had a ticket and a wristband, a media credential or could prove they live or work there. That's gonna work.:rolleyes:

"You must have a ticket to be admitted to the venue," Los Angeles Police Department Assistant Chief Earl Paysinger said at a news conference outside Staples Center attended by journalists from around the globe. "There's no way to get to this venue if you don't have a ticket."Has he seen the Laker celebration footage?

The restricted area is bounded by Flower Street on the east, Olympic Boulevard on the north, Pico Boulevard to the south and Blaine Street to the west.

The memorial will be staged in a "safe and calm manner," L.A. City Councilwoman Jan Perry said. "That should ease the potential burden enormously" for taxpayers, she added. Yeah, right. I pity the cops who have been asked to work overtime for this crap.

Perry said the extra police deployment will be paid for out of an LAPD fund reserved for overtime costs of special events such as "1st Amendment marches, protests and funerals and other special events large in scope and that have a potential to impact public safety."Does this fund really cover funerals for pedophiles? Maybe it should pay for every gang member funeral too.

Because the fiscal year started July 1, the fund for all police overtime -- which according to one source covers 1.6 million hours, or nearly $90 million -- is flush. But some city officials questioned the wisdom of spending possibly more than $1 million in overtime funds so early in the fiscal year, noting that the city could find itself cash-strapped later in the event of a fire, earthquake or other major disaster.Great. A ton of money for a celebrity pedophile funeral and no money if anything above a 6.0 hits the city.:mad:

"Do we want to blow our money at the first week of the fiscal year?" asked Police Administrator Rhonda Sims-Lewis. "No. We would prefer to get some reimbursement. That would mean we would be prepared as we go through the rest of the year. I believe they are working on trying to work this whole thing out. I hope it gets worked out."Yeah, ask Joe Jackson to pay up. Isn't he starting that new record company with his buddy?:cool:

Sims-Lewis said that each year, police officials expect a few extraordinary events. Last year saw marches for and against Proposition 8, a Metrolink crash and a few immigration protests, among other things. But "if we have something huge like an earthquake or a flood and a string of incidents, that could devastate us," she said.

In the case of a large-scale disaster, some expenditures could be reimbursed by the federal government.Great, we'll have to beg Obama for more money because Jackson's family, Al Sharpton, and AEG (the concert promoters) couldn't do the moral and tasteful thing and bury Jackson quietly.

Sims-Lewis said that last year, the LAPD did not use all of its allotted 1.6 million hours of overtime -- in part because about 100,000 hours -- or $6.7 million -- was returned midyear after Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa asked city departments to tighten their belts.And we are still belt-tightening here in SoCal. Hence the fight in Sacramento over the budget. Don't act like this money is there; it's not.

Perry said city officials don't know the public cost of the Jackson memorial but are using last month's Lakers championship parade -- which cost $2 million and was ultimately covered by private contributors -- as one benchmark. Nearly half of the money was for public works and law enforcement, the largest deployment of LAPD forces in approximately a decade.It's gonna be worse than the Lakers. Lots of Europeans have already started arriving. And every crazy fan of this pedophile is going to come out of the woodwork.

At the news conference, Perry asked for donations to help pay the city's non-law enforcement costs. "The city would deeply appreciate" the help, said Perry, who was acting as mayor since Villaraigosa was in South Africa and City Council President Eric Garcetti was in Japan.Two cowards that got outta dodge before this crap hits. Wasn't Eric's dad the guy that blew the OJ case?

Tim Leiweke, president and chief executive of AEG, the company that owns and operates Staples Center and that was producing Jackson's comeback concerts in London, said the service will be carried live on television and the Internet. Further details about the service were still being discussed, he said.

Jackson family publicist Ken Sunshine said the event and the distribution of tickets are being orchestrated with the fans in mind. "Sunshine"? You gotta be joking.

"Everything about the memorial has to do with the fans," Sunshine said.I guess not

Late Friday, AEG announced that the random drawing, originally limited to U.S. residents, had been expanded to those living in other countries.HOLY CRAP. Crazed Eurofans of the pedophile descend on LA.

Staples Center, site of Jackson's last rehearsal, can hold as many as 20,000 people, depending on its configuration.But 500,000 fans want to come. They crashed the server.

Organizers plan to select 8,750 names at random from the list of people who register on the Staples Center website; those selected will be notified between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. Sunday and told where to go on Monday to pick up two tickets and wristbands guaranteeing them seats at the event. Of the 17,500 tickets available, 11,000 are for the Staples Center and 6,500 are for Nokia Theatre, across the street, where the service will be shown on a jumbo screen.Mark my words: the fans will clog every city sidewalk in the vicinity. I pity the small business owners in that area. A number of stores got robbed during the Lakers fiasco. This will be much worse.

The rest of the available tickets will be given to "family, and friends of the family, for their use," Sunshine said.Members of the LA chapter of NAMBLA maybe?

Both Leiweke and Sunshine said they do not want anyone to try to scalp tickets.HA HA HA HA..:D

"We're hoping people have dignity," Leiweke said. ". . . Those who would take advantage of this, shame on them." These are fans of a PEDOPHILE. DIGNITY?? You've got to be shitting me.

stsinner
07-04-2009, 12:50 PM
There is Michael Jackson the entertainer and Michael Jackson the person.. His talent and appeal is undeniable, and he influenced tens of millions of people world wide.. he is absolutely one of the greatest entertainers of all time, and that's the way his fans remember him. His music will continue to influence the music industry for years to come. He set the bar very high.

You love to condemn him, but this is, after all, America, and he was acquitted of all charges leveled against him. We all have our opinions, but he was not guilty according to the jury of his peers.

If he did what he was accused of, he'll have to answer for it, but you should really try to calm down about something that affects you in no way at all.

PoliCon
07-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Sorry - but I can't separate MJ the entertainer from MJ the WHACKO NUTJOB PEDOPHILE. By celebrating him as an entertainer you are lending credibility to everything he did - AND to those who do similarly.

stsinner
07-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Sorry - but I can't separate MJ the entertainer from MJ the WHACKO NUTJOB PEDOPHILE. By celebrating him as an entertainer you are lending credibility to everything he did - AND to those who do similarly.

I disagree. When I listen to Michael Jackson's music, I don't think about MJ at all. I think about the song and how well written and composed it is and the story it tells.

I also think of the thousands of kids that went to Neverland and how only a very few claimed anything was out of the ordinary-kids whose parents stood to make millions from a successful run against him where the accusations were his word against theirs and absolutely unprovable. People will always believe the kids because of their protection instinct when it comes to kids.. If this were just a normal everyday person being accused, I might be more sympathetic, but when it's a superstar and the monetary compensation was accepted by the parents, I have to be suspicious. No parent would accept monetary compensation over incarceration if their child were molested by a pedophile.

Maybe it's just that being in my early teens when he made Bad and then Thriller and seeing how they absolutely affected and influenced my generation, I can't deny the fact that he was a brilliant musician and performer who stood the music world on its head. He was a trendsetter and hard worker.. Sure, he was weird, but we'd also think that many stars of his status are weird if we knew what they did at home..

PoliCon
07-04-2009, 01:14 PM
And I cannot deny that the man was mentally disturbed and a pedophile - and every time someone lifts him up as an entertainer - they make it that much more acceptable to be mentally disturbed and a pedophile.

Elspeth
07-04-2009, 01:20 PM

Thank you. I wonder if stsinner remembers the Martin Bashir interview or the actual evidence of wrongdoing. Just because the Santa Barbara jury was dumbstruck doesn't mean the evidence is meaningless:

Bashir interview: Michael speaks on his relationships with young boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-4lgRTcmU&feature=related

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/michaeljackson/010605jackson3.html

But while the older child told a psychologist that Jackson "just stood there naked for a moment," his sibling provided detectives with a far more damaging account. The younger brother said that when they saw Jackson naked (except for a pair of socks), they quickly looked away. The boy then said Jackson sat down with them and said, "It's okay, it's okay. You guys should do the same." He then claimed that Jackson's penis was erect during the incident, but told investigators that he could not provide a description because he "only glanced at it." But, motioning with his hands, the child was able to offer an approximation of its length.

The younger boy also claimed that, during an early visit to Neverland, he was groped by Jackson while the two were in a golf cart. The child, who said he was driving at the time, told investigators that Jackson reached over with his left hand and touched his "testicles and penis" over his clothes. According to the boy, he continued driving and said nothing to Jackson. In a July 2003 interview with detectives, the child also claimed that, on one occasion, Jackson wanted to give him and his brother sleeping pills, directing the younger boy to get the drugs from a Neverland chef. However, according to an investigative report, "somehow the subject changed and the pills were forgotten." The child, though, kept the "sleeping pill" and later turned it over to his family's civil attorney. A subsequent government analysis of the pill showed it to be an over-the-counter cold capsule.

There was clearly a cover-up here for a celebrity, in the same way that OJ Simpson and Robert Blake's crimes went unpunished. Blake has been smart enough to keep his mouth shut, even though the evidence is overwhelming. Simpson, on the other hand, has actually published a book called "If I did it"
https://www.hotbooksale.com/store/productView.aspx?idProduct=577672&ec=1&ProdId=62&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&ysmwa=Y3pSQrmhtxoZc8LlPIzNfExV0M0QWBRjIvxnGP--zHer6FP8Z9DuHwOfN8QOKgXE . The book outlines in detail how he killed Nicole, now that he cannot be retried because of double jeopardy.

There is no question that these three men were guilty of their crimes. But celebrity trials rarely work out for the victims. The only exception is the recent one of Ron Spector, and it took two full trials (the first jury was a hung jury) to finally get the conviction.

Jackson paid out millions and millions of dollars to the families of young boys over the years. There are certain cases where you might pay people off to get them off your back, but pedophilia isn't one of them.

Also, Maureen Orth, Vanity Fair writer who covered the Jackson case, writes this week that neither she nor Vanity Fair has ever been sued by Jackson or his family for any of the damning facts she revealed about him in the magazine.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2009/06/michael-jackson-is-gone-but-the-sad-facts-remain.html

One of the reasons I endured this not-fun circus was that, when I began, I was the mother of a boy roughly the same age as the ones Jackson was so interested in spending the night with. His behavior truly troubled me. Understandably, in the wake of his death, there are those who do not want to hear these sad facts. Yet nothing that Vanity Fair printed was ever challenged legally by Jackson or his associates.

A man who made great music and entertained brilliantly has died. I’ve been told that he had endured an eight-hour rehearsal and was in rare form on the stage the night before his death. I’ve also been told that the lawyers swooped in yesterday to retrieve all the videos that had been made of these rehearsals. I believe the aftermath of his death will probably be as messy as his life was. I loved his music. Offstage, he could not escape his tragic flaw.
He was a pedophile who got away with it.

And his performances are laced with that.

stsinner
07-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, I'll admit that he was weird, and that interview does seem to show that he was unusually close to that little boy. But how many of his fans that you saw screaming and balling their eyes out at his concerts would not hug him or lean on him like that... Kids loved the guy..

As far as the pedophilia, all I'm saying is that I'll let God be the judge on that one. None of us will ever get away with something like that when we face the Lord, so I know that if he did it he's paying right now.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on not being able to listen to his music without thinking of the charges he was acquitted of.. I can listen to his music and think about the picture he's painting with a clear conscious, and I think it's great that his fans want to pay tribute to the man who brought them so much joy and inspiration with his music.

Elspeth
07-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, I'll admit that he was weird, and that interview does seem to show that he was unusually close to that little boy. But how many of his fans that you saw screaming and balling their eyes out at his concerts would not hug him or lean on him like that... Kids loved the guy..

As far as the pedophilia, all I'm saying is that I'll let God be the judge on that one. None of us will ever get away with something like that when we face the Lord, so I know that if he did it he's paying right now.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on not being able to listen to his music without thinking of the charges he was acquitted of.. I can listen to his music and think about the picture he's painting with a clear conscious, and I think it's great that his fans want to pay tribute to the man who brought them so much joy and inspiration with his music.

OK, but the city of LA should not have to pay for his funeral.

On second thought, No, it's not ok.

Look at the preponderance of the evidence. Look at it. It takes a lot to ignore it.

hazlnut
07-04-2009, 05:54 PM
You love to condemn him, but this is, after all, America, and he was acquitted of all charges leveled against him. We all have our opinions, but he was not guilty according to the jury of his peers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLia4r0G63k

http://pedigolaw.com/assets/images/money_scale_180w.jpg

Ah but ain't that America for you and me

RobJohnson
07-06-2009, 01:00 AM
OK, but the city of LA should not have to pay for his funeral.

On second thought, No, it's not ok.

Look at the preponderance of the evidence. Look at it. It takes a lot to ignore it.

It's estimated that it will cost 2.5M just for the extra police during the funeral.

NJCardFan
07-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Who's worse MJ or Gary Glitter?

stsinner
07-06-2009, 08:17 AM
It's estimated that it will cost 2.5M just for the extra police during the funeral.

Another excuse to riot and loot? This could get ugly! If the Lakers winning is an excuse, surely MJ dying qualifies!

NJCardFan
07-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Fox News just mentioned that the city of L.A. and state of California is footing the bill for this. I also found this article:

Some California politicians questioned whether the Jackson family and AEG promotions should help foot the bill for security in light of the state's crippling budget crisis that has forced it to issue IOUs as payment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/michael_jackson/2009/07/06/2009-07-06_jacksons_tense_negotiations_over_religion_at_mi chaels_memorial_service_end_in_st.html#ixzz0KV17lF WP&D

Are you shitting me?

Rockntractor
07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Fox News just mentioned that the city of L.A. and state of California is footing the bill for this. I also found this article:

Are you shitting me?

I heard on fox a little while ago that LA would make a lot of money from this.

Elspeth
07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I heard on fox a little while ago that LA would make a lot of money from this.

And they'll lose it when the looting and rioting starts.

lacarnut
07-06-2009, 03:32 PM
And they'll lose it when the looting and rioting starts.

The Mayor of L.A. will probably not even try to stop the looting. Going on TV with a warning that looters will be shot would work.

PoliCon
07-06-2009, 11:16 PM
You have to love how his fans attempt to defend MJ's actions - sleeping with young boys in his bed etc - but saying he was childlike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG5NhkxQJQc

You wanna tell me that as much as he grabs his crotch and does pelvic thrusts - that the man is CHILDLIKE?????

noonwitch
07-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm sick of the whole media circus, whatever one thinks of Michael Jackson as a person or a performer.

I think his life was sad, and so is his death.