PDA

View Full Version : Magical Thinking in California

Rockntractor
07-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Magical Thinking in California

By Eric Peters on 7.2.09 @ 6:07AM

California's a mess. A bankrupt fiasco. A state that has regulated and spent itself into a well of debt so deep it makes the economic situation in the other 49 states seem not half-bad.

But instead of putting a chokehold on California's run-amok bureaucrats, the federal government just gave them the go ahead to impose California-specific fuel economy and emissions control requirements on new cars sold there, beginning with the 2016 model year. California has long wanted to demand that new cars achieve 40 mpg, on average -- 5 mph higher than the "49 state" requirement recently passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama.

Now there will be two sets of differing requirements for the flatlined auto industry to cope with: One for cars sold in CA, one for cars sold everywhere else. Maybe several different requirements, since a number of states have expressed interest in either following CA or maybe passing requirements of their own.

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/07/02/magical-thinking-in-california
Last year I bought two more ford diesel one tons and one propane one ton I saw the writing on the wall. We may not be able to buy new pickups with enough power to pull equipment any longer. All the states will be getting tougher.

stsinner
07-04-2009, 04:51 PM
When are these idiot politicians going to realize that all this regulation is strangling our country?? Yes, I called them idiots, because you don't have to be smart to be a politician-you have to be a good liar and ass kisser and sell out all of your values and beliefs to pander to the voters.

FlaGator
07-04-2009, 09:31 PM
When are these idiot politicians going to realize that all this regulation is strangling our country?? Yes, I called them idiots, because you don't have to be smart to be a politician-you have to be a good liar and ass kisser and sell out all of your values and beliefs to pander to the voters.

The libs blame deregulation for all the ills of our country so the answer to your question... from a liberal point of view, is no. Leave it to libs to take a look at a mess and decide that the only thing to do is make it a bigger mess.