PDA

View Full Version : Republicans vs. the US Constitution

satanica
07-07-2009, 08:41 AM
The Bush AG ...

"The US Constitution does not give US citizens the right to habeas corpus" - Gonzales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFqYVAOosM

After this statement was made, the GOP defended it.

We all know that the US Constitution DOES give us the right to Habeas Corpus, and in fact says it can't be taken away.

The GOP hate the US Constitution, they are an enemy of the nation.

stsinner
07-07-2009, 08:53 AM
LOL... The enemy of the nation is that America-hating Muslim in the White House.

djones520
07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
The Bush AG ...

"The US Constitution does not give US citizens the right to habeas corpus" - Gonzales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFqYVAOosM

After this statement was made, the GOP defended it.

We all know that the US Constitution DOES give us the right to Habeas Corpus, and in fact says it can't be taken away.

The GOP hate the US Constitution, they are an enemy of the nation.

Article 1, Section 9 of the US Constition.

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.

The administration felt it was justified given the situation. It is a power that the government legally has.

Tell me, doesn't President Obama's intention to hold certain terrorists indefinitely without a trial suspend their right to Habeas Corpus? How is this any differant now?

satanica
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
The administration felt it was justified given the situation. It is a power that the government legally has.

Wrong on two levels.

The AG said the US Constitution does not give the people the right to habeas corpus, this is 100% wrong, it DOES give us the right.

As far as suspending HC ...It can only happen under invasion or rebellion.

The GOP is the enemy, they need to be isolated.

satanica
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
LOL... The enemy of the nation is that America-hating Muslim in the White House.

So, you think the US Constitution DOES NOT give us HC rights ?

That makes you a threat to our nation and our freedoms. In other words, a typical republican.

djones520
07-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Wrong on two levels.

The AG said the US Constitution does not give the people the right to habeas corpus, this is 100% wrong, it DOES give us the right.

As far as suspending HC ...It can only happen under invasion or rebellion.

The GOP is the enemy, they need to be isolated.

You didn't answer my question. What about President Obama's plan to suspend Habeas Corpus? Come on now, if your gonna point fingers you better get it all in there. Don't wanna look like a hypocrite.

lacarnut
07-07-2009, 09:23 AM

That makes you a threat to our nation and our freedoms. In other words, a typical republican.

Unproductive, lazy, paying no Fed. Income taxes, leaches on society, etc are the ones that are a threat to our nation. Like Santelli said "how about more people carrying the water than drinking it". Get off you lazy ass and go find a job, loser.

stsinner
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM

I don't really give a shit about this-if you're a bad guy, like the men in dresses we're holding at Guantanamo, then you don't have any rights, whatsoever, because they're not covered by the Geneva Conventions as they're not a uniformed fighting force representing a specific nation, and they're not American citizens, which are the ONLY PEOPLE COVERED BY OUR CONSTITUTION. I am of the opinion that our law enforcement agents are basically good, so, in my opinion, if you make it to handcuffs, 99% of the time you deserved it.. Very few people are wrongly accused.. If you want to make calls to Muslim countries and the government insists on listening in, then so be it.. No matter what our Muslim President tells you, Muslims are not a great part of the fabric of America! They're not part of our past and didn't do a damned thing to build this country.. They are only recently a sizable segment of our society (and I'm not talking about the blacks who convert in prison-I'm talking about the traditional men in dresses Muslims), so when anything Muslim is going on in America it's noteworthy.

The enemies of the nation are the Liberals who have made the mention of God in public an offense, resulting in debauchery and immorality on a level never seen in our nation-you know fag parades and such, escalating crime rates committed by those who don't know about salvation and one day paying for your transgressions on Earth. Liberals are responsible for affirmative action, which is the intentional dumbing down of our nation and institutionalized mediocrity. They have ruined our schools by dumbing them down to the lowest common denominator instead of recognizing and nurturing excellence and achievement in favor of protecting the 'feelings' and fragile egos of the kids who just weren't meant to excel in school. They put the handicapped and mentally retarded in classrooms with the normal kids to keep them from 'feeling different' when it's a direct hindrance to the normal kids realizing their potential...
They yap at every single kid about going to college when, in fact, we need kids who don't aspire to college to do the things in society that need done by the strong and streetwise, rather than the intelligent (gas station attendants, etc.). We need kids who are proud to do these things and don't think that they somehow failed at life. Every job has value, no matter if you get dirty doing it, or not..

Liberals deal in feelings, while the Conservative deal in facts.. It's a fact that some kids can't hack an effective curriculum and many need to be held back, but it feels icky to tell a kid he failed.. It's a fact that the mentally challenged can't learn at the same pace as the normal kids, but it would feel icky to isolate them into a classroom of their peers, so we just dumb the entire class down to accommodate them and not hurt their precious feelings... It's killing our country.

Excellence is shunned in favor of coddling the non-hackers, and it's got to stop... Liberals don't seem to understand this and care more about the vote of the unintelligent than ensuring that America remains the greatest country on Earth.

djones520
07-07-2009, 09:29 AM

It doesn't.

It's one of those unalianable rights that everyone already has. The clauses built into the Constitution regarding it defend us from an overbearing government from taking the rights.

It's the same premise as the First Amendment doesn't give us the right of free speech. It protects us from it being taken away. As I stated already though, the Constitution does provide a clause for the supsension of Habeas Corpus.

And respond to my question about Obama, or I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore on this topic.

satanica
07-07-2009, 09:40 AM
It doesn't.

It's one of those unalianable rights that everyone already has. topic.

Thats my point. The Constitution says it can't be taken away.

So when the AG says, "The US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to HC" ...he is wrong.

lacarnut
07-07-2009, 09:54 AM

So when the AG says, "The US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to HC" ...he is wrong.

Go get a job and quit your babbling.

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:04 AM
You didn't answer my question. What about President Obama's plan to suspend Habeas Corpus? Come on now, if your gonna point fingers you better get it all in there. Don't wanna look like a hypocrite.

OK, If you really need to be explained the difference. Jeeeesh , I can't believe I have to do this.

You see, the people being held at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan ARE NOT American citizens.

Gonzales said "the US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to Habeas Corpus"

Get it ?

I stand WITH the US Constitution, and you stand AGAINST the US Constitution. The thread proves that twice over.

djones520
07-07-2009, 10:06 AM
OK, If you really need to be explained the difference. Jeeeesh , I can't believe I have to do this.

You see, the people being held at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan ARE NOT American citizens.

Gonzales said "the US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to Habeas Corpus"

Get it ?

I stand WITH the US Constitution, and you stand AGAINST the US Constitution. The thread proves that twice over.

I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.

And fuck you dipshit. Twice I've sworn an oath to defend the Constitution with my life. What the fuck have you done for it?

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=djones520;153852]I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.
[QUOTE]

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion

Ya, OK ...we don't have HC rights ...it's just something that can't be taken away.

Unreal.

Rebel Yell
07-07-2009, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=djones520;153852]I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.
[QUOTE]

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion

Ya, OK ...we don't have HC rights ...it's just something that can't be taken away.

Unreal.

Was it OK for Lincoln to suspend it then?

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=satanica;153855][QUOTE=djones520;153852]I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.

Was it OK for Lincoln to suspend it then?

You dumbass.

It can suspended in time of rebellion or invasion. Ummm, the Civil War you stupid fuck. Holy shit you just blew my mind. Unreal.

Simply unreal. You have betrayed your nation.

Rebel Yell
07-07-2009, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153857][QUOTE=satanica;153855]

You dumbass.

It can suspended in time of rebellion or invasion. Ummm, the Civil War you stupid fuck. Holy shit you just blew my mind. Unreal.

Simply unreal. You have betrayed your nation.

First of all, fuckstick, there was no "rebellion". No one tried to overthrow the federal government. It was a seccession, which is allowed in the Constitution you claim to defend. It wasn't even a "Civil War", as the Confederacy was a separate nation. All the "rebels" were doing was defending their country from an aggresive neighbor. So, was Lincoln right?

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=satanica;153858][QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153857]

First of all, fuckstick, there was no "rebellion". No one tried to overthrow the federal government. It was a seccession, which is allowed in the Constitution you claim to defend. It wasn't even a "Civil War", as the Confederacy was a separate nation. All the "rebels" were doing was defending their country from an aggresive neighbor. So, was Lincoln right?

You just claimed... "It wasn't even a civil war" ...Ya OK

You also claimed ... "Confederacy was a separate nation" ....jeeesh, how stupid are you ?

Unreal, You are the first person to claim there was no civil war because it was a war between two nations.

Fucking idiot. I dare you to name one person on the planet that shares your radical views.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 10:36 AM

You also claimed ... "Confederacy was a separate nation" ....jeeesh, how stupid are you ?

Unreal, You are the first person to claim there was no civil war because it was a war between two nations.

Fucking idiot. I dare you to name one person on the planet that shares your radical views.
Settle down satty. I guess the full moon and a sore butt from last night are making you cranky.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Correction. The Constitution says it CAN be taken away - and then lays out the instances where it can be.

Can you read?????

In the case of terrorists operating within our borders (which is what Gonzales was referring to) we ARE being invaded.

Think before you post.

Ranger Rick
07-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm here, I share his views, and I was educated by the Los Angles school district.

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Settle down satty. I guess the full moon and a sore butt from last night are making you cranky.

It's not that.

It's when an American citizen claimes there was no civil war. And Lincoln invaded a neighboring nation and took it over.

Unreal, go ahead, tell me who you agree with, I dare you.

stsinner
07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
No takers on my post? I'll take that to mean that you agree.. Swell.

djones520
07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153862][QUOTE=satanica;153858]

You're treading on ground you don't want to walk right now. Trust me, you don't even know what bee's nest your stirring.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
It's not that.

It's when an American citizen claimes there was no civil war. And Lincoln invaded a neighboring nation and took it over.

Unreal, go ahead, tell me who you agree with, I dare you.

I am rethinking the whole civil war issue I have been since the election.

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm here, I share his views, and I was educated by the Los Angles school district.

So...

You think there was no civil war.

You think Lincoln invaded a neighboring nation and took it over in a bloody coup.

You also think Lincoln suspended HC rights ? ...who's rights ? ..the neighboring nation ? ..why would they enjoy the rights of the USA ? ..They are a seperate nation ....remember ?

Holy shit.

Take a bow, You are a idiot.

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I am rethinking the whole civil war issue I have been since the election.

Please pull the trigger on that, I have heard enough threats from the right already. I would love to pile up the bodies of the traitors and burn them under a new American sky.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 10:43 AM
So...

You think Lincoln invaded a neighboring nation and took it over in a bloody coup.

You also think Lincoln suspended HC rights ? ...who's rights ? ..the neighboring nation ? ..why would they enjoy the rights of the USA ? ..They are a seperate nation ....remember ?

Holy shit.

Satty! Satty! sit down take a deap breath and roll one. You are losing it!

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Satty! Satty! sit down take a deap breath and roll one. You are losing it!

LOL.

They are claiming there was no civil war.

Oh, I want to know the name of this strange nation that was once on our southern border.

LOL ...

Now I have heard it all. And you tell me I am losing it ?

Oh, thats rich. Keep it up, your party is ruined.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 10:49 AM
LOL.

They are claiming there was no civil war.

Oh, I want to know the name of this strange nation that was once on our southern border.

LOL ...

Now I have heard it all. And you tell me I am losing it ?

Oh, thats rich. Keep it up, your party is ruined.

What party do you refer to little rump ranger. We are conservatives. This is a view that trancends any single party.

Rebel Yell
07-07-2009, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153862][QUOTE=satanica;153858]

Is the fighting between Russia and Georgia a civil war? If not, why?

satanica
07-07-2009, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=satanica;153864][QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153862]

Is the fighting between Russia and Georgia a civil war? If not, why?

You answered your own question.

Russia is fighting Georgia

USA is fighting _________

What nation were we fighting

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 10:54 AM

SATAN!

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 10:56 AM
satty you and everyone like you is what this country is at war with now.

Rebel Yell
07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153885][QUOTE=satanica;153864]

C.S.A. ring a bell? Or did this not exist?

Executive Branch

President Jefferson Davis 1861-1865
Vice President Alexander Stephens 1861-1865

Secretary of State Robert Toombs 1861
Robert M.T. Hunter 1861-1862
Judah P. Benjamin 1862-1865
Secretary of the Treasury Christopher Memminger 1861-1864
George Trenholm 1864-1865
John H. Reagan 1865
Secretary of War Leroy Pope Walker 1861
Judah P. Benjamin 1861-1862
George W. Randolph 1862
James Seddon 1862-1865
John C. Breckinridge 1865
Secretary of the Navy Stephen Mallory 1861-1865
Postmaster General John H. Reagan 1861-1865
Attorney General Judah P. Benjamin 1861
Thomas Bragg 1861-1862
Thomas H. Watts 1862-1863
George Davis 1864-1865

satanica
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
They were never a nation, they were a group that wanted to breakaway, Lincoln prevented that from happening.

It never took place, you lost the war in 1865 and you are still holding onto it. Your dream of a seperate nation never took place, true Americans crushed your dream.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 11:07 AM
They were never a nation, they were a group that wanted to breakaway, Lincoln prevented that from happening.

It never took place, you lost the war in 1865 and you are still holding onto it. Your dream of a seperate nation never took place, true Americans crushed your dream.

We are fifty nation states with an agreement for our common defense and welfare.

satanica
07-07-2009, 11:09 AM
We are fifty nation states with an agreement for our common defense and welfare.

So you would disagree with this statement...

"The USA is a country"

And you would agree with this statement...

"The USA is a group of seperate states that just agree to work together"

BadCat
07-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Geez.

Would you guys just IGNORE this little cock sucker?
Maybe he'll go back to DU.

satanica
07-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Geez.

Would you guys just IGNORE this little cock sucker?
Maybe he'll go back to DU.

What state do you live in ?

Rebel Yell
07-07-2009, 11:18 AM

"The USA is a country"

This is what the founding fathers envisioned

This is what out of control federal government has turned it into.

Ranger Rick
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
So...

Holy shit.

Yes

Yes

What, only the USA has a lock on individual rights.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 11:22 AM

"The USA is a country"

It is a union of states.

satanica
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
It is a union of states.

And what is President Obama in charge of ?

The answer is the NATION.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 11:27 AM
And what is President Obama in charge of ?

The answer is the NATION.

He is a ceo that serves the union.

Rockntractor
07-07-2009, 11:27 AM
A conservative leads. A liberal rules!

Rebel Yell
07-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Did President Lincoln suspend the U.S. Constitution?

Answer: No

Did President Lincoln suspend Habeas Corpus?

Answer: Yes, in 1861 and 1862

Was Habeas Corpus ever restored?

Answer: Yes, in 1866.

Here's the story:

As the Civil War started, in the very beginning of Lincoln's presidential term, a group of "Peace Democrats" proposed a peaceful resolution to the developing Civil War by offering a truce with the South, and forming a constitutional convention to amend the U.S. Constitution to protect States' rights. The proposal was ignored by the Unionists of the North and not taken seriously by the South. However, the Peace Democrats, also called copperheads by their enemies, publicly criticized Lincoln's belief that violating the U.S. Constitution was required to save it as a whole. With Congress not in session until July, Lincoln assumed all powers not delegated in the Constitution, including the power to suspend habeas corpus. In 1861, Lincoln had already suspended civil law in territories where resistance to the North's military power would be dangerous. In 1862, when copperhead democrats began criticizing Lincoln's violation of the Constitution, Lincoln suspended habeas corpus throughout the nation and had many copperhead democrats arrested under military authority because he felt that the State Courts in the north west would not convict war protesters such as the copperheads. He proclaimed that all persons who discouraged enlistments or engaged in disloyal practices would come under Martial Law.
Among the 13,000 people arrested under martial law was a Maryland Secessionist, John Merryman. Immediately, Hon. Roger B. Taney, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States issued a writ of habeas corpus commanding the military to bring Merryman before him. The military refused to follow the writ. Justice Taney, in Ex parte MERRYMAN, then ruled the suspension of habeas corpus unconstitutional because the writ could not be suspended without an Act of Congress. President Lincoln and the military ignored Justice Taney's ruling.

Finally, in 1866, after the war, the Supreme Court officially restored habeas corpus in Ex-parte Milligan, ruling that military trials in areas where the civil courts were capable of functioning were illegal.
http://www.civil-liberties.com/pages/did_lincoln.htm

How about you do a little research, shithead. Lincoln couldn't have suspended Habeas Corpus in the South, because he had no authority. Wanna take a guess why?