PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam considering bank help for prostitutes

megimoo
07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
"I wonder how they pay the interest ?"

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Amsterdam city council is turning its attention to a pressing problem for one of the city's key business sectors -- banking and credit for prostitutes who can't get accounts from mainstream institutions. The city's red light district is famed the world over for its women in tiny windows and even tinier clothing, but despite the trade being legal, many banks shy away from taking the ladies on as customers. As part of the city's "Project 1012" to remake the De Wallen neighborhood, which includes the sex district, the city council has been asked to find a way...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/090706/odds/odd_us_sexbank_odd

lacarnut
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM
What's this world coming to when whore houses need bank loans. Don't let Obama get wind of this. The stupid shit might consider bailing them out like he has done with the foreign banks with the TARP funds.

expat-pattaya
07-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Seems reasonable to me. If they have a steady job and show wise monetary policy in their private lives why shouldn't they be accorded the same banking services?

Don't hookers want to own a home or car?

I don't see why everyone would not feel the same way. This is business plain and simple.