PDA

View Full Version : 40 Acres and a President

megimoo
07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
During the election, despite having been portrayed as America's first post-racial candidate, Barack Obama actually represented the complete opposite. With astonishing cunning and guile, a type that his opponents could have never imagined possible, Obama and his campaign unabashedly and tenaciously used race to goad Americans into believing that voting for him would right the wrongs of America's racial history.

Obama audaciously rode on the coattails of black America's historical circumstances in order to win the presidency. He deceived the nation into believing that he too was a "typical black person" and that a vote for him would offer a (painless) way for paying back all that whites had done to blacks and their ancestors. However, as one writer put it, "[Obama] steps into the benefits of black progress (like Harvard Law School) without having borne any of the burdens". By polluting the election with the foul stench of payback politics, and by dumbing-down the "black experience" for the historically ignorant and apathetic, Barack Obama was able to win what I call the Reparations vote.

But possessing the African coloanial mentality that he does, Barack Obama knew better. Indeed, with all due respect to the late Alex Haley, his national best selling book Roots: The Saga of an American Family does not tell the story of every person of African descent who lives in this country. Obama was perfectly aware of this -- but to win the election, he played the fool.

I speak candidly about all of this because of one very inconvenient truth about myself. I am a direct descendant of West African slave-traders. I come from a long line of people who for centuries made an exorbitant amount of wealth doing one thing particularly well: selling -- especially selling people. My Igbo ancestors, sold slaves to other Africans and to Europeans. Whenever, I travel back to that land of my ancestors I always ask to be taken to the museum that holds the relics of that horrible past. The chains and shackles that once held the ankles and wrists of those waiting to be sold are still there even though the money made from them is long gone.

I finally stopped crying over those relics a few trips ago. Instead, I've learned to just shake my head. Also, know that as a descendant of African slave traders living in this country, I am not unique in any way. To the contrary -- though I am invisible, I am at the same time one of many.

The reality is that Africans traded a great many slaves and there is no way of talking around this. During various epochs of their histories, Africans of all sorts from all across the African continent engaged in the business of owning and selling slaves. The Igbos alone, are said to have sent millions of slaves to the Americas during the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. No matter how many people try to circumvent this issue, it is a historical fact. It is also one of many inconvenient truths that need to be fully exposed and accounted for in order to put America's racial history within a more realistic context.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/07/40_acres_and_a_president.html

stsinner
07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Barack Obama isn't color blind? Who woulda thunkit? I wouldn't have thought that 20 years listening to Pastor Wright would have made him oblivious to race..

Gingersnap
07-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Extremely good catch, Moo!

Reparations to blacks would drag this country into a race war that would simply never end. Every gain made by the Civil Rights movement would be instantly erased and instead of returning to a blacks versus whiltes dynamic, we would see a blacks versus whites, Hispanics, Asians, Africans, and Native American uproar.

Nobody in their right mind wants that. :eek:

Bubba Dawg
07-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I would bump this just for the title alone, but good article.