PDA

View Full Version : 'Harry Potter' Star Could Face 14 Years for Growing Marijuana Farm

megimoo
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
“Harry Potter” star Jamie Waylett has been charged with growing ten cannabis plants. The 19-year-old actor will have to appear in court later this month for the charges stemming from an April arrest. Waylett, who plays Potter bully Vincent Crabbe, was busted when cops pulled over his vehicle in London and allegedly found eight bags of marijuana. He was taken to a nearby police station before a team of officers raided his mother’s home in Camden, the Daily Telegraph reports. A Metropolitan police spokeswoman said the actor would appear in court late this month and “is charged with producing a...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530669,00.html?test=latestnews

FeebMaster
07-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Thank God. I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing this monster is off the streets.

Gingersnap
07-08-2009, 05:06 PM
It's just Harry Potter's fat cousin. Who cares?

Lars1701a
07-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Thank God. I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing this monster is off the streets.

Ok I got you down as saying some laws are ok to break. Gotcha.

FeebMaster
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok I got you down as saying some laws are ok to break. Gotcha.

Most of them, I'd say.

Lars1701a
07-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Most of them, I'd say.

Remember that when someone steals from you or your family.

FeebMaster
07-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Remember that when someone steals from you or your family.

I will.

Lars1701a
07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I wish they would tax the ever loving shit out of pot, thats one tax I could agree with.

Shannon
07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
It's just Harry Potter's fat cousin. Who cares?

Sheesh, Ginger. That is not his fat cousin. Are you a Potter hater? Have you not religiously read every one of them 10 times?:eek:

lacarnut
07-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I wish they would tax the ever loving shit out of pot, thats one tax I could agree with.

Two or three dollar a joint in taxes would work for me.

Shannon
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Two or three dollar a joint in taxes would work for me.

Why? I don't understand the mentality of conservatives who are okay with "sin" taxes.

Gingersnap
07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Sheesh, Ginger. That is not his fat cousin. Are you a Potter hater? Have you not religiously read every one of them 10 times?:eek:

I haven't read even one. He looks like the fat cousin. Isn't he the fat cousin? Anyway, he's fat, so who cares?

Jumpy
07-08-2009, 10:06 PM
The plants – valued at more than $3,000 – were allegedly found among DJ equipment and a Playstation, the Telegraph said. This is friggen BS.

Let's compare offenses... taken recently from my local newspaper:

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/239378

A city man was sentenced Monday to 6 to 23 months in county prison for repeatedly sexually assaulting a young girl.

Benigno Ayala pleaded guilty in March in Lancaster County Court to one count each of indecent assault and corruption of minors.

Before imposing sentence, Judge Howard F. Knisely deemed Ayala a sexually violent predator after hearing a psychological assessment of the defendant.

Dr. Robert Stein, who evaluated Ayala's case, told Knisely he based his report on Ayala's crime, prior criminal record and police reports.

We are running out of jail space. Can we reserve the cells for folks like Benigno Ayala... sexual perverts who prey on our kids.. give them MORE time, and lets ease up on the nonviolent pot smokers. sheesh.

edited to say, nevermind, this article is about London and doesnt apply to USA laws. Hopefully they punish their sex offenders more harshly than their pot smokers.

PoliCon
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm okay with people smoking pot - PROVIDED they are not doing so on my dime. IN other words - NO ENTITLEMENTS FOR DRUG USERS. Make that the law - and let them toke til hearts content.

Shannon
07-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I haven't read even one. He looks like the fat cousin. Isn't he the fat cousin? Anyway, he's fat, so who cares?

Of course he's fat, he's a pothead.

(This guy plays one of Malfoy's friends, btw. I actually think he's a bit thinner than the fat cousin:eek:)

FeebMaster
07-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Hopefully they punish their sex offenders more harshly than their pot smokers.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Gingersnap
07-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Of course he's fat, he's a pothead.

(This guy plays one of Malfoy's friends, btw. I actually think he's a bit thinner than the fat cousin:eek:)

Sorry! They all look the same to me. I'm not much of a fan.

PoliCon
07-08-2009, 11:36 PM
ON A SIDE NOTE - seems they were type-casting and the pothead really does belong in Slytherin.