PDA

View Full Version : Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) Resolution to Honor Michael Jackson...

Bubba Dawg
07-08-2009, 08:41 PM
111th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. RES. 600
Honoring an American legend and musical icon.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

June 26, 2009
Ms. JACKSON-LEE of Texas (for herself and Ms. WATSON) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESOLUTION

Honoring an American legend and musical icon.

Whereas Michael Jackson was not only an accomplished recording and performing artist, he was a noted humanitarian....

read entire resolution here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.RES.600:

News Story at Fox...

Michael Jackson's death -- and controversial life -- has sparked a fierce debate in Congress, with one Democrat introducing a resolution to honor the King of Pop as a "humanitarian" and a Republican representative blasting America's obsession with a "lowlife."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/07/jacksons-death-sparks-fierce-debate-congress/

Rockntractor
07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Is this the kind of crap we voted them into office for? I bet every one of the read this bill. Morons!

Rockntractor
07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Pssst! Bubba jukebox!

Elspeth
07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
What is this, honor pedophiles day?

Rockntractor
07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
What is this, honor pedophiles day?

I guess ! According to the house that is what we voted them in for.

Gingersnap
07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Unless the entertainer in question has amused the armed services or donated an enormous amount of non-self-serving time to charity - no official recognition from the government.

Bubba Dawg
07-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Unless the entertainer in question has amused the armed services or donated an enormous amount of non-self-serving time to charity - no official recognition from the government.

That's my thought. There is a list of 'good deeds' in the resolution but to me that doesn't in any way outweigh his creepy side.

SarasotaRepub
07-09-2009, 07:36 AM
What a load of...http://pointriderrepublican.typepad.com/Horseshit.jpg

About what I'd expect out of that kook Lee.

FeebMaster
07-09-2009, 08:05 AM
No, but I'd rather they wasted their time voting on random resolutions than some god awful new law.

SaintLouieWoman
07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
No, but I'd rather they wasted their time voting on random resolutions than some god awful new law.

You've got a good point. It probably will get passed. The kooks will just keep bringing it up til they get it passed.

Bubba Dawg
07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
You've got a good point. It probably will get passed. The kooks will just keep bringing it up til they get it passed.

Yeah, like reparations for slavery.

FeebMaster
07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah, like reparations for slavery.

That's the trouble with democracy. Sooner or later, you're going to lose.

Bubba Dawg
07-09-2009, 08:47 PM
That's the trouble with democracy. Sooner or later, you're going to lose.

Maybe it will be later rather than sooner.