PDA

View Full Version : Greenpeace activists arrested for banner on Mount Rushmore

RobJohnson
07-09-2009, 02:24 AM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2009/07/08/rushmore.jpg

CHICAGO (AFP) Greenpeace activists were arrested Wednesday for scaling Mount Rushmore and hanging a banner next to the carved face of Abraham Lincoln urging President Barack Obama to get tough on climate change.

A video posted on the environmental group's website showed the massive banner hanging on the South Dakota mountain face.

Its message -- "America honors leaders not politicians: Stop Global Warming" and an unfinished portrait of Obama -- was barely visible as it was whipped by wind.

More (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090708/ts_alt_afp/environmentwarmingusprotest)

lacarnut
07-09-2009, 06:52 AM
I hope they get charged with a federal crime. With a dipshit like Holder as A.G., I doubt it.

noonwitch
07-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I hope they get charged with a federal crime. With a dipshit like Holder as A.G., I doubt it.

At the very least, it's trespassing on federal property.

PoliCon
07-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I agree with the banner though. We need to stop Global warming. The best way to do that is to outlaw it. Global warming is illegal and anyone supporting it should go to jail. Start with Al Gore.

Elspeth
07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I agree with the banner though. We need to stop Global warming. The best way to do that is to outlaw it. Global warming is illegal and anyone supporting it should go to jail. Start with Al Gore.

:D LOL!

micmac
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Too bad they didn't all slip and bang the stupid out of their skulls.

Teetop
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Too bad they didn't all slip and bang the stupid out of their skulls.

Someone should have cut their lines...

hazlnut
07-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Someone should have cut their lines...

Way to bring violence to a non-violent protest.:rolleyes:

Change global warming to 'spending money' and I think most people would be okay with the banner.

NJCardFan
07-10-2009, 12:27 AM

Change global warming to 'spending money' and I think most people would be okay with the banner.
Let's play the difference game. What's the difference between global warming and spending money? Easy. Spending money is real. Global warming is fantasy.

Rockntractor
07-10-2009, 12:48 AM

I think this global warming hoax is the single most dangerous tool the President has at this time. Carbon is the foundation for all life and activity. It means absolute control is possible!

lacarnut
07-10-2009, 02:28 AM

Between funding for the illegals, the queers, the eco-nuts, M.J. and other stupid shit, CA is bankrupt. Dumb shits like you would rather put more taxes on every thing we buy with this cap and trade stupidity than drill for oil in the offshore area. Global warming is a farce.

Lars1701a
07-10-2009, 02:59 AM

I didnt want anyone to cut their lines but I would have laughed my ass off if one or more had fallen.

jinxmchue
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM

Followed thereafter by the Sun.