PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Approval Falls to Single Digits for First Time Ever

LibraryLady
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Congressional Performance
Congressional Approval Falls to Single Digits for First Time Ever (http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_performance/congressional_performance)

The percentage of voters who give Congress good or excellent ratings has fallen to single digits for the first time in Rasmussen Reports tracking history. This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters (52%) say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category.

Just 12% of voters think Congress has passed any legislation to improve life in this country over the past six months. That number has ranged from 11% to 13% throughout 2008. The majority of voters (62%) say Congress has not passed any legislation to improve life in America.

Teetop
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Congress is finally lower than lice or the bubonic plague.

lacarnut
07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Would it not be wonderfull if ALL them suckers were defeated when they ran for re-election plus a quota on lawyers in both houses set at 5 to 10%.

Doc Savage
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Would it not be wonderfull if ALL them suckers were defeated when they ran for re-election plus a quota on lawyers in both houses set at 5 to 10%.

Here Here, although I think 10% is too high.

Eyelids
07-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Funny thing is the Dems will pick up seats this year.

ConJinx
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Dr. kervorkian got enough signatures to run as a congressman from Michigan. His old occupation will come in handy on the hill.

vetwife
07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
They have not done their jobs. Not surprised people are fed up with Washington. Oh I heard that
on Abrams.

lacarnut
07-08-2008, 08:33 PM
duplicate....

lacarnut
07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Funny thing is the Dems will pick up seats this year.

If the election were held today, I would agree with you a 100%. However, it's 4 months till November and in politics that is a long time. Look what happened to Daddy Bush after the Gulf War; his approval rating was above 60%. Dumb ass Greenspan raised interest rates, the economy went south and he lost.

If the Democrats do not come up with a plan to help motorist with high gasoline costs, the tables may get turned on them. Energy costs could be the number one issue. Don't forget that natural gas and home heating oil prices this winter will go thru the roof. The energy issue may overshadow the war, housing or the credit crunch. Projections are that home heating oil will double this winter. That will whack the crap out of those Yankees in the northeast.

lacarnut
07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Dr. kervorkian got enough signatures to run as a congressman from Michigan. His old occupation will come in handy on the hill.

There are a bunch of them that need to be put out to pasture.

Molon Labe
07-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Throw all the bums out.

Buckley Jr. said it best...

I would rather be governed by the first 2,000 people in the Boston telephone directory than by the 2,000 people on the faculty of Harvard University.

AmPat
07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Congressional Approval Falls to Single Digits for First Time

Yet our moronic population continues to allow these idiots to stay. Moreover, they blame Republicans when Dims are the majority. If we could get rid of the dead wood like the Dim leaders, perhaps we could get something accomplished. Dims have no plans or ideas that will improve anything yet our voters will continue to elect them.

Dims will probably pick up seats because;
1. Voters are uneducated
2. Voters are uninformed
3. More Republican seats are up for election this time
4. Voters believe Dim lies about who is responsible for their woes.
JMO

Elspeth
07-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Throw all the bums out.

Buckley Jr. said it best...

or 2,000 Harvard graduates....

LogansPapa
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM

Trading as usual on his father's connections, Bush entered Harvard in 1973 for a two-year program. He'd just come off what George H.W. Bush had once called his eldest son's "nomadic years" -- partying, drifting from job to job, working on political campaigns in Florida and Alabama and, most famously, apparently not showing up for duty in the Alabama National Guard.

:D

Teetop
07-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Trading as usual on his father's connections, Bush entered Harvard in 1973 for a two-year program. He'd just come off what George H.W. Bush had once called his eldest son's "nomadic years" -- partying, drifting from job to job, working on political campaigns in Florida and Alabama and, most famously, apparently not showing up for duty in the Alabama National Guard.

Apparently, BusHitler got a honorable discharge...

AmPat
07-09-2008, 10:55 PM

This is not a fact. It is in FACT a lie. Do you believe everything you read? His own Commander refuted this lie. Do you believe the ONE PERSON on this PLANET who would have been responsible for the discipline for "failure to Repair." Commanders don't treat this lightly. An Officer's career especially would not survive this UCMJ action and there would be an official entry into his folder.

If this were true, he would still be way ahead of the very knuckleheads who try to disparage him. Putting J. Frenchy Kerry forth as a "hero" was the dumbest thing the Left could have done notwithstanding the Dukakis and his idiotic photo op in the tanker's helmet.

Care to compare the resumes of our President with any DIMocRAT "heroes?"

LogansPapa
07-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Wasn't really the point. This was:

:p

biccat
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Wasn't really the point. This was:

:p
Elspeth is a DU transplant, she has a long ways to go yet.

Maybe you should take her place over at the stupid farm where you can make snarky comments about Bush (and the JOOOOOOOOS) all day and they'll applaud you for it.

Plus, you'll find more like-minded Obama supporters.

Elspeth
07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Elspeth is a DU transplant, she has a long ways to go yet.

Maybe you should take her place over at the stupid farm where you can make snarky comments about Bush (and the JOOOOOOOOS) all day and they'll applaud you for it.

Plus, you'll find more like-minded Obama supporters.

Hey, in my own defense, I simply think all Ivies are problematic. Nothing personal was intended. I just don't trust the highest realms of academe: I think they're stark raving nuts.

Eyelids
07-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Because once somebody invests countless hours of study into something their opinion suddenly becomes worthless?

lacarnut
07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Congressional Approval Falls to Single Digits for First Time

Yet our moronic population continues to allow these idiots to stay. Moreover, they blame Republicans when Dims are the majority. If we could get rid of the dead wood like the Dim leaders, perhaps we could get something accomplished. Dims have no plans or ideas that will improve anything yet our voters will continue to elect them.

Dims will probably pick up seats because;
1. Voters are uneducated
2. Voters are uninformed
3. More Republican seats are up for election this time
4. Voters believe Dim lies about who is responsible for their woes.
JMO

You could be right but it's 4 months off until Nov. and many things can happen between now and then. High gasoline and energy (natural gas & home heating oil) prices might be the number 1 issue. The Craps control Congress and the folks are liable to turn on them like a mad dog if they do not do something about those expensive heating bills that are coming down the pike this winter. All is not lost; the worm may turn.

If McCain had a brain, he would pick Newt as VP who has more solutions than the whole lot of dummies in Congress and that includes the northeastern Repubs.

Elspeth
07-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Because once somebody invests countless hours of study into something their opinion suddenly becomes worthless?

Once someone invests their hearts and minds into wrongheaded theories of the human being, it doesn't matter what else they study. The Ivies lead the way in the junk humanities that have grown like a cancer throughout academia.

Still think my uncle who served in Nam was a "cute story," Eyelids?

AmPat
07-11-2008, 05:29 AM
You could be right but it's 4 months off until Nov. and many things can happen between now and then. High gasoline and energy (natural gas & home heating oil) prices might be the number 1 issue. The Craps control Congress and the folks are liable to turn on them like a mad dog if they do not do something about those expensive heating bills that are coming down the pike this winter. All is not lost; the worm may turn.

If McCain had a brain, he would pick Newt as VP who has more solutions than the whole lot of dummies in Congress and that includes the northeastern Repubs.

Oh I agree. I was commenting on the way I see it now. I remember all the limp wristed pansy liberals gushing orgasmic over the slam dunk victories in 2000/2004. I believe it will be closer than the Libiots predict. Conservative voters are slow to get behind a candidate early-on but much better when it comes to getting in their cars on election day.

Molon Labe
07-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Once someone invests their hearts and minds into wrongheaded theories of the human being, it doesn't matter what else they study. The Ivies lead the way in the junk humanities that have grown like a cancer throughout academia.

Let's not also forget that the Ivy league is less and less about actual intelligence and more about blood line, legacy, and elitist birthright. Case in point. W. Bush
A school superintndant in my area has a degree from Harvard...because of....yep.....Affirmative action.
He admits as much.
I worked with some very gifted students years ago that will never see an Ivy league school.

lacarnut
07-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh I agree. I was commenting on the way I see it now. I remember all the limp wristed pansy liberals gushing orgasmic over the slam dunk victories in 2000/2004. I believe it will be closer than the Libiots predict. Conservative voters are slow to get behind a candidate early-on but much better when it comes to getting in their cars on election day.

I think McCain will win in a cake walk. At this time it does not look good for Congressional Repubs. However, things can change. If McCain does win big and the polls have him behind on election day, I hope these pollsters get run out of business. Most of these polls are not accurate.

Eyelids
07-11-2008, 07:38 PM

This isnt about the Ivy League schools in general, its about your distrust of those more intelligent than you. Elspeth, I've gathered enough about you from this site alone to know you're kind of an idiot and you fear all of which you dont understand (needless to say, you're level of understanding isnt stellar). If somebody intimidates you with something you're too dumb/lazy to understand you freak out and call them elitists.

And yea its still a cute story, and also a completely irrelevant one you can shove up your gutter. Only a tool would vote for somebody based on a personal story that doesnt even involve themselves.

megimoo
07-11-2008, 07:46 PM

If McCain had a brain, he would pick Newt as VP who has more solutions than the whole lot of dummies in Congress and that includes the northeastern Repubs.I agree Newt would be an excellent choice !