PDA

View Full Version : Levi Johnston: Palin resigned to cash in on fame

Elspeth
07-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Levi Johnston: Palin resigned to cash in on fame
By MARY PEMBERTON, Associated Press Writer Mary Pemberton, Associated Press Writer 2 hrs 8 mins ago

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – A spokeswoman for Gov. Sarah Palin is scoffing at comments by Bristol Palin's former fiance, who says he thinks Palin resigned to cash in on her fame.

"It is interesting to learn Levi is working on a piece of fiction while honing his acting skills," Palin family spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Levi Johnston, 19, whose wedding to Bristol Palin was called off earlier this year, said Thursday he lived with the Palin family from early December to the second week in January. He claimed he heard the governor several times say how nice it would be to take advantage of the lucrative deals that were being offered, including a reality show and a book.

"She had talked about how nice it would be to take some of this money people had been offering us and you know just run with it, say 'forget everything else,'" he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090710/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_resignation

He's back. The deadbeat "dad" of the year keeping the press all agog with his erudition.

linda22003
07-10-2009, 11:28 AM
And people here thought I was just AWFUL for implying that they'd never marry, or that the Palins should hesitate to link their family with the Johnstons. :rolleyes:

Elspeth
07-10-2009, 11:36 AM
And people here thought I was just AWFUL for implying that they'd never marry, or that the Palins should hesitate to link their family with the Johnstons. :rolleyes:

You call'em like you see'em, and with a drug addled Mama and a brain clearly unable to grasp the concept of a condom, Johnston was never a prize.

Gingersnap
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh, I believe she's at least partly doing it for the money; those legal fees don't pay themselves, after all.

I think it's funny that Levi considers his relationship with the Palins "improved" as he slings mud at them. :D

Lager
07-10-2009, 12:03 PM
So some half witted jock, who was surprised that his juvenile and adolescent come ons actually landed himself a little nookie with a naive underage governor's daughter, actually has a lawyer, an agent and a book deal? Oh my. Now if that doesn't prove America is the land of opportunity, nothing will.

If I were Palin, I'd tell Bristol to grant an immediate news conference and reveal how his penis is only three inches, and how he climaxed after only 30 second and cried aftewards. That would teach the young man about respect.

lacarnut
07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
So some half witted jock, who was surprised that his juvenile and adolescent come ons actually landed himself a little nookie with a naive underage governor's daughter, actually has a lawyer, an agent and a book deal? Oh my. Now if that doesn't prove America is the land of opportunity, nothing will.

I do hope he makes a bunch of money so that he can support his kid. That is probably the furtherest thing on this punk's mind.

As far as overhearing the Palin's talking about money. I can understand why any family would bring that subject up and have some type of plan to dig themselves out of a half million dollars worth of debt in legal fees. I applaud her resignation; she is not a crook like the Clintons, Obama's, Dodd's, Jefferson's with their shady real estate deals, foreign contributions, cheating the IRS, cold cash in the freezer, etc.

Lanie
07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Everything I've ever heard about this makes me think he's a loser.

Lanie
07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
For anybody who didn't know, here's more info about Levi.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-72841

We got to Levi Johnston's MySpace page before it went private:
"I'm a f*kin' redneck who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes. But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some sht and just f*kin' chillin' I guess. Ya fck with me I'll kick ass."
Children: "I don't want kids."
The 17 year-old Johnston went to (Burchell or Wasilla High School) where he played hockey, shoots sh*t, and wrecks presidential campaigns

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/+palin-family-slam-levi-johnston-for-sex-talk-on-tyra

A rep for the Palin family is slamming Levi Johnston – the 19-year-old father of Bristol Palin's newborn son -- for blabbing about the couple's sex life on the Tyra Banks Show.

"We're disappointed that Levi and his family, in a quest for fame, attention and fortune, are engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion of their relationship," Meghan Stapleton tells Usmagazine.com in a statement Friday.

There were child support and visitation disputes, but that got worked out.

I don't know. To me, he comes off as somebody trying to cash in on Palin's fame. It's believed that he can't live a normal life now that he's known as being the father of Bristol's baby. However, I really don't think most people will know much about him after a while.

on edit: Maybe he's not such a loser, but I have never been able to like him.

PoliCon
07-10-2009, 02:08 PM
You have to wonder how much the AP payed him for his comments. . . .

PoliCon
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Everything I've ever heard about this makes me think he's a loser.

and a clear indication of why women should not listen to the lies men will tell to get into their pants. :rolleyes:

noonwitch
07-10-2009, 03:58 PM
You call'em like you see'em, and with a drug addled Mama and a brain clearly unable to grasp the concept of a condom, Johnston was never a prize.

Is any 19 year old boy a prize?

Moon
07-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh, I believe she's at least partly doing it for the money; those legal fees don't pay themselves, after all.

I think it's funny that Levi considers his relationship with the Palins "improved" as he slings mud at them. :D

Agreed on both counts.

JB
07-10-2009, 07:14 PM
I saw this on the front page of Yahoo and wept for our country.

JB
07-10-2009, 07:15 PM
and a clear indication of why women should not listen to the lies men will tell to get into their pants. :rolleyes:Dude!

PoliCon
07-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Dude!

Yea I know. I'm giving away secrets here - but they need to know.

Shannon
07-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Yea I know. I'm giving away secrets here - but they need to know.

I think the majority of women on this board do know.

PoliCon
07-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I think the majority of women on this board do know.

well you need to stop keeping it to yourselves and make sure that every little potential ho out there realizes that when a boy tells them that he loves them - he's only after one thing - SEX.

hazlnut
07-10-2009, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE=Gingersnap;155341]Oh, I believe she's at least partly doing it for the money; those legal fees don't pay themselves, after all.

There are a number of stories coming out about how those numbers, the legal fees, are all bullshit. Unless lawyers can now charge $30,000 an hour.

Here's a brilliant quote on Palin that I think sums her up quite well:

In television interviews she was out of her depth in a shallow pool. She was limited in her ability to explain and defend her positions, and sometimes in knowing them. She couldn't say what she read because she didn't read anything. She was utterly unconcerned by all this and seemed in fact rather proud of it: It was evidence of her authenticity. She experienced criticism as both partisan and cruel because she could see no truth in any of it. She wasn't thoughtful enough to know she wasn't thoughtful enough. Her presentation up to the end has been scattered, illogical, manipulative and self-referential to the point of self-reverence. "I'm not wired that way," "I'm not a quitter," "I'm standing up for our values." I'm, I'm, I'm.

In another age it might not have been terrible, but here and now it was actually rather horrifying.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124716984620819351.html

Shannon
07-10-2009, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE]

There are a number of stories coming out about how those numbers, the legal fees, are all bullshit. Unless lawyers can now charge $30,000 an hour.

Here's a brilliant quote on Palin that I think sums her up quite well:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124716984620819351.html

Let it go. By "let it go", I mean any pretense of being remotely conservative.

hazlnut
07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=hazlnut;155662]

Yeah, because ALL conservatives absolutely adore Sarah Palin. An no conservative is EVER allowed to be critical of a Republican Politician. And the ONLY Right is the far-Right.

Shannon... you're smarter then that.:o

What would Jacob make of Governor Palin?;)

PoliCon
07-11-2009, 12:02 AM

AMEN! Damn phony fake bastard.

Lager
07-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Admit it Hazelnut. You don't like her because she's a social conservative. Those things Noonan points out about Palin may be true. But the reason the phoney conservative label is being thrown at you is that despite Palin's shortcomings, the depths the left are sinking to in order to tear her down are dispicable, and yet you obviously don't agree.

NJCardFan
07-11-2009, 12:57 AM

If I were Palin, I'd tell Bristol to grant an immediate news conference and reveal how his penis is only three inches, and how he climaxed after only 30 second and cried aftewards. That would teach the young man about respect.
Better idea. Have her go on Howard Stern. If she led in with that he'd be totally cool with her and join her in ripping Levi.

lacarnut
07-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Better idea. Have her go on Howard Stern. If she led in with that he'd be totally cool with her and join her in ripping Levi.

That would be totally uncool for her to lower herself to that trashy level.

lacarnut
07-11-2009, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=Shannon;155672]

Yeah, because ALL conservatives absolutely adore Sarah Palin.

)

Sure we do.

linda22003
07-11-2009, 10:41 AM
make sure that every little potential ho out there realizes that when a boy tells them that he loves them - he's only after one thing - SEX.

And people think I've said bad things about Bristol Palin. I never said anything like that!

Elspeth
07-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Admit it Hazelnut. You don't like her because she's a social conservative. Those things Noonan points out about Palin may be true. But the reason the phoney conservative label is being thrown at you is that despite Palin's shortcomings, the depths the left are sinking to in order to tear her down are dispicable, and yet you obviously don't agree.

Including a new hate site started by a DUmmie:

http://www.sarahpalinunderground.com/dc/dcboard.php

Amazing that Palin is considered so much of a threat that someone has to launch another hate site for her. What are they afraid of?

Well, actually, I know what they are afraid of.

NUMBERS.

The Democratic party and the civil rights industry are dependent on women's votes to keep them afloat. (The majority of White males typically vote GOP). Without the votes of women, both are sunk, and keeping the numbers of white female voters high in the D column and high for civil rights has been a strategy since the 70s, and was probably one of the major reasons of backing (somewhat weakly) feminism. Blacks are only 12% of the nation and, though over 90% of AAs vote Democratic, that doesn't bring in the numbers. It is white women who bring in the numbers at slightly over 50% of all voters.

Palin's appeal to women is extraordinarily high and Dems and AA activists are AFRAID. Even losing a small percentage of women (independent and conservative Democrat) could swing the election GOP.

noonwitch
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
well you need to stop keeping it to yourselves and make sure that every little potential ho out there realizes that when a boy tells them that he loves them - he's only after one thing - SEX.

My mom told me when I was a teenager that every man wants to marry a virgin, but he doesn't want to leave any in his past.

She would then tell me that my dad married her because she was the first girl to say no.

linda22003
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM
She would then tell me that my dad married her because she was the first girl to say no.

That's a heck of a reason to marry someone. And as I think I recall you saying, theirs was not a marriage to model by, was it? :cool:

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 12:57 PM
And people think I've said bad things about Bristol Palin. I never said anything like that!

Well then you should tell the truth more. :p

linda22003
07-13-2009, 12:57 PM
So the truth is that she's a ho? :confused:

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
So the truth is that she's a ho? :confused:

Possibly - but at the very least she was stupid.

linda22003
07-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Possibly - but at the very least she was stupid.

I agree. Having a baby at 17 is not a mark of great intelligence.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I agree. Having a baby at 17 is not a mark of great intelligence.

Neither is believing a piece of white trash like Levi when he says that he loves you.

linda22003
07-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Neither is believing a piece of white trash like Levi when he says that he loves you.

Oh, he wasn't white trash around HERE when they were "going to be married". :rolleyes: Some people believed it!

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh, he wasn't white trash around HERE when they were "going to be married". :rolleyes: Some people believed it!

meh. Even if he was going to marry her - that does not make him any less white trash. BUT I have to laugh that we knew and know more about Levi than the average American knows about Barry.:rolleyes:

hazlnut
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Admit it Hazelnut. You don't like her because she's a social conservative. Those things Noonan points out about Palin may be true.

Yes. Correct. To the extent the Republican party has married itself (in varying degrees) to 'social' conservatives, I feel has moved the party away traditional conservatism stressing limited government. IMO, government's role needs to be limited in both public and private life.

On values and moral issues, I want people who lead by example, like Reagan, not forcing their will and ideals into our lives. If we believe the free market is capable of self-regulating and correcting itself, can't society do same with its morals and values? Aren't individuals capable of finding their own way back to a spiritual and purposeful life without Government telling us right from wrong?

But the reason the phoney conservative label is being thrown at you is that despite Palin's shortcomings, the depths the left are sinking to in order to tear her down are dispicable, and yet you obviously don't agree.

What I agree with are the quotes I've posted on this board. To extent far-left partisans and bloggers cross the line is despicable. This type of thing is a two-way street though. I do not participate in that "Best/Worst of DU" forum because quite frankly I don't like the navigation on that other board and I'm not sure what is gained by picking apart opinions of people who won't/can't respond to your criticism. A one-sided discussion is not much of discussion-- IMO.

One point that I believe Palin raised in an interview with John Ziegler was that when Caroline Kennedy was being considered as someone to fill the vacant NY senate seat, she was not covered the same way Palin was during the election.

If you were to analyze every Sarah Palin story and do fair compare/contrast with every Carol Kennedy, you'd no doubt find some varying degrees of bias depending on the channel, commentator, nature of the story, etc. HOWEVER, I would say that Governor Palin and her apologists are missing some really big points about the nature of politics in the television and information age.

Sarah Palin, like her or not, is a very photogenic person and a dynamic public speaker. Television is a visual medium She will always get more coverage than someone who looks and speaks like Caroline Kennedy. TV news will naturally cover Sarah Palin more than Kennedy simply because Palin, her looks, her voice, her life story, her point of view--these are all extremely intriguing no matter what side of the political spectrum you are on. Palin is a ratings getter, Caroline Kennedy is not.

When Palin spoke at those rallies during the election, if you liked her and agreed with her, it was like watching fireworks. If you didn't agree with her, it was like watching a train wreck. Either way, people couldn't stop watching. That quote about Obama "pallin' around with terrorists." is a provocative quote and therefore got played over and over and analyzed by pundits on both sides of the spectrum.

Katie Couric is a left-leaning network news personality. I don't watch her ever. But I did see the interview with Sarah Palin and she did ask questions designed to expose the Governor's intellectual shortcomings. Biased, sure. Despicable, IMO, no.

The coverage since the Governor's stepping down has been more of the same--people from both sides analyze what she said in her speech. Some were harsh, but I haven't heard 'despicable' things said in the coverage I've watched on Fox and CNN. The Sunday talk show coverage last weekend seemed to have equal portions of left and right perspectives and I noticed that several people on the right were more critical than they ever have been. John McCain was still very supportive of Palin.

The only party I've ever been registered with is the Republican party. I've been registered as an independent since about 2000. If a the GOP can run a true fiscal conservative candidate in 2012, someone with a strong background in public policy and economics, I'm there.

Not to get too off topic here -- but the problem, IMO, is not really the President -- it's congress. POTUS can not tax and spend on his own. The checks and balances on taxing and spending have not been there for years. Wall Street and the major banks and hedge funds have way too much influence. 'Too big to fail' should not exist in a free market. Failure, bankruptcy, recession and depression are how the system self-corrects. Let me save the rest of this rant for the economics forum...

Lager
07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I would probably agree with you on government intruding more and more into the lives of individuals. Even though I believe certain values are extremely important to a healthy and successful society, I don't believe you can legislate those values.
Having said that, I was not aware of any government program or legislation that Palin either stumped about in her speeches, nor pushed in her term of govenorship that would qualify as intruding into private life. I still believe you made up your mind, like CW and Logan's Papa, that she was "one of them" before you knew much about her.

I disagree with the idea that the tactics the right uses are just as extreme as the left. I agreed that Couric was perfectly in her rights in making Palin look bad, even though it exposed her as a journalist of little substance. The despicable attacks I was refering to were the attacks on her children, her son with Down's syndrome, her pregnancy, her family, her daughters, her husband, along with the barrage of ethics complaints that clearly serve only one purpose.

There isn't quite the same vitriol on the right. Even though the right has its share of extremists, they aren't as prevalent as those on the left. Simply because many on the right still cling to a sense of tradition and fairness while the left increasingly adopts an attidude of "the ends justify the means"

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:30 PM
I would probably agree with you on government intruding more and more into the lives of individuals. Even though I believe certain values are extremely important to a healthy and successful society, I don't believe you can legislate those values.
Having said that, I was not aware of any government program or legislation that Palin either stumped about in her speeches, nor pushed in her term of govenorship that would qualify as intruding into private life. I still believe you made up your mind, like CW and Logan's Papa, that she was "one of them" before you knew much about her.

I disagree with the idea that the tactics the right uses are just as extreme as the left. I agreed that Couric was perfectly in her rights in making Palin look bad, even though it exposed her as a journalist of little substance. The despicable attacks I was refering to were the attacks on her children, her son with Down's syndrome, her pregnancy, her family, her daughters, her husband, along with the barrage of ethics complaints that clearly serve only one purpose.

There isn't quite the same vitriol on the right. Even though the right has its share of extremists, they aren't as prevalent as those on the left. Simply because many on the right still cling to a sense of tradition and fairness while the left increasingly adopts an attidude of "the ends justify the means"QFT