PDA

View Full Version : What’s So Funny About Armed Revolution?

megimoo
07-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Armed revolution isn’t obsolete, even in an era when the weapons systems available to the government are overwhelmingly destructive. Highly destructive weapons systems, if used in cities, kill so many innocents that such actions turn people against the government. Think about what happened at Waco in 1993 and the part it played in the Democratic loss of Congress (and, unfortunately, in provoking Timothy McVeigh). There’s a limit to how much firepower you can unleash without destroying your government’s own base of support. There’s another reason that armed revolution is still not only feasible, but sometimes actually necessary to overthrow a..

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/whats-so-funny-about-armed-revolution/

megimoo
07-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Bachmann: ‘I Want People…Armed And Dangerous On This Issue’ Of Cap And Trade

During a Saturday interview with WWTC 1280 AM flagged by Smart Politics, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) slammed President Obama’s cap and trade plan, warning that it would have “the impact of forever changing our country.” She was particularly incensed that the bill was meant to address global warming, which she flatly denied was a human-caused problem:

BACHMANN: And actually, we want this debate because the science is on our side on this one. And the science indicates that human activity is not the cause of all this global warming. And that in fact, nature is the cause, with solar flares, etc.

Instead of merely opposing the legislation, however, Bachmann compared Washington, D.C. to “enemy lines” and urged her supporters to become “armed and dangerous” and fight a “revolution” against cap and trade legislation:

BACHMANN: And really now in Washington, I’m a foreign correspondent in enemy lines. And I try to keep everyone back here in Minnesota know exactly the nefarious activities that are taking place in Washington. [...]

I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us, having a revolution every now and then is a good thing, and the people — we the people — are going to have to fight back hard if we’re not going to lose our country. And I think this has the potential of changing the dynamic of freedom forever in the United States.

Listen here. Bachmann’s global warming denial comes at 3:52; her call for armed revolution begins at 9:40:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/23/bachmann-armed-and-dangerous/

Japandroid
07-11-2009, 12:36 AM
This thread borders on illegal.

Rockntractor
07-11-2009, 12:45 AM

Oh! So now you have a law degree!

megimoo
07-11-2009, 12:49 AM
This thread borders on illegal.Take it up with Thomas Jefferson :
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787.

Japandroid
07-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Take it up with Thomas Jefferson :
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787.

Take it up with the 1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

K, so already this thread is not protected under the 1st amendment. Please understand that I dont mean it was made illegal (that comes later), but it is explicitly not protected by the U.S. Constitution.

Gitlow v. New York (1925) came to the conclusion that inciting armed revolution was a violation of the law:

The Court upheld the state law challenged in Gitlow v. New York, which made it a crime to advocate the duty, need, or appropriateness of overthrowing government by force or violence.

Boom. Over. If you want to start a revolution you are committing a clear form of treason and/or sedition against the U.S. Government.

Rockntractor
07-11-2009, 01:02 AM

K, so already this thread is not protected under the 1st amendment. Please understand that I dont mean it was made illegal (that comes later), but it is explicitly not protected by the U.S. Constitution.

Gitlow v. New York (1925) came to the conclusion that inciting armed revolution was a violation of the law:

Boom. Over. If you want to start a revolution you are committing a clear form of treason and/or sedition against the U.S. Government.

It’s Friday night shouldn’t you be out getting your fudge packed or something!

Japandroid
07-11-2009, 01:12 AM

What?

Is that what you do when you lose an argument before it even started, resort to gay jokes?

megimoo
07-11-2009, 01:16 AM

If you had eyes in your head Eyepus you would perhaps notice that I didn't write the OP I mearly copied it from a very public site.
What’s So Funny About Armed Revolution?
July 10, 2009 - by Clayton E. Cramer
It isn't original or unique in that regard.BTW Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is a US represenative in the Congress !
Reprinted in "The Bullet Trap" by permission from Bill Bridgewater, "Alliance Voice", August 1994

Japandroid
07-11-2009, 02:26 AM
If you had eyes in your head Eyepus you would perhaps notice that I didn't write the OP I mearly copied it from a very public site.
What’s So Funny About Armed Revolution?
July 10, 2009 - by Clayton E. Cramer
It isn't original or unique in that regard.BTW Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is a US represenative in the Congress !
Reprinted in "The Bullet Trap" by permission from Bill Bridgewater, "Alliance Voice", August 1994

advocate the duty, need, or appropriateness of overthrowing government by force
Reprinting can easily be construed as advocating. I pegged you for a lot of things megi, but never a traitor.

lacarnut
07-11-2009, 02:50 AM

When I was his age, I was chasing wild, wild women. Guess he is not built that way. Gotta be hell to pick up a chick on your bicycle though.

Japandroid
07-11-2009, 03:16 AM
I work way too much to have the energy to do that. Undergrad was fun though.

Sonnabend
07-11-2009, 05:29 AM
I work way too much to have the energy to do that. Undergrad was fun though.

You need a uni degree to flip burgers and mop floors?

Japandroid
07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
You need a uni degree to flip burgers and mop floors?

You guys just cant rush to this traitor's defense fast enough.

Rockntractor
07-11-2009, 08:55 PM
You guys just cant rush to this traitor's defense fast enough.

Not true! We just like to play kick ball with you!

Japandroid
07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
How? You guys have provided no argument to anything I've said in this thread, just strange personal insults.

Rockntractor
07-11-2009, 09:04 PM
How? You guys have provided no argument to anything I've said in this thread, just strange personal insults.

Get used to it. You are just a little plush chew toy that squeaks when we bite it. That is your purpose in life. Now squeak boy squeak!

CorwinK
07-11-2009, 10:12 PM

Ok, ill take it up with the first ammendment...Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Why on earth would the freedom of speach be expressly protected if not for the express purpose of protecting unpopular ideas? Glitow v. New York, by your own quote, state that incitingan armed revolution was a violation of the law. Discussion of the idea however is constitutionally protected.

When someone starts posting plans for revolution...then it becomes illegal. Not until

FlaGator
07-11-2009, 10:24 PM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

America was founded on what you call illegal.

Japandroid
07-12-2009, 02:18 AM
No, this guy is basically suggesting that "revolutionists" fight for the people by martyring a bunch of innocent civilians. That is so completely batshit insane I dont know where to start. And it's being reposted here. And people are defending it.

What is going on? Do people really believe that the best course of action is to try and trick the US military into bombing an urban center? It takes an incomprehensible level of stupitidy to even suggest that happening.

By and large this is a very frightening trend that is quickly developing on the right, the whole idea of arming yourself to teeth and waiting for the bombs to start flying.

CorwinK
07-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Its not a question of arming ourselves to the teeth and waiting for the bombs to fly, rather, its a question of whether or not armed rebellion is necessary to correct the several constitutional and social injustices of the last several years if not decades. The fact that the idea is surfacing more and more shouldnt make you fear the population, rather, it should make your think if what is happening to push people to the point where they would consider risking treason. Especially given our military's track record in war...last major rebellion we had the US military put it down...took 4 years but it happened.

Japandroid
07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Its not a question of arming ourselves to the teeth and waiting for the bombs to fly, rather, its a question of whether or not armed rebellion is necessary to correct the several constitutional and social injustices of the last several years if not decades. The fact that the idea is surfacing more and more shouldnt make you fear the population, rather, it should make your think if what is happening to push people to the point where they would consider risking treason. Especially given our military's track record in war...last major rebellion we had the US military put it down...took 4 years but it happened.

Losing an election.

The logic of a potential armed revolution falls pretty much flat from the get-go because we live in a Democracy. If you aren't the side getting 50% +1 the reasonable reaction isn't "Let's talk about ruining this entire country with our guns!", you just grin and bear your loss recognizing that in a democracy the majority rules. People voted via proxy on these policies, and for better or worse you are stuck with them. Same goes for the "we need to clean out Washington" crowd, you know we have the power to ELECT THE VERY PEOPLE YOU WANT TO OVERTHROW. I mean really, how stupid is this idea? If there ever was enough support for an armed revolution to happen it would be wildly portrayed by a massive turnover in Congress. Why can none of the faux revolutionaries recognize this?

I'm not even mentioning how horrible a violent conflict inside our borders would be in this day and age. The last time it happened was in the mid 1800's, it still has the highest death toll for Americans in any war in our history. Could you imagine now? Millions left dead, cities like Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and Houston completely obliterated by war. There would be nothing left of America.

But here you guys are, saying all that is a noble sacrifice because you are sore losers. Unbelievable, seriously some of the craziest ideas I have ever heard.

mrmeangenes
07-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Worth thinking about ? Thomas Jefferson spoke about nourishing the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots...BUT...when his own Vice President, Aaron Burr, decided to take him up on the idea, Jefferson charged him with treason. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Losing an election.

The logic of a potential armed revolution falls pretty much flat from the get-go because we live in a Democracy. If you aren't the side getting 50% +1 the reasonable reaction isn't "Let's talk about ruining this entire country with our guns!", you just grin and bear your loss recognizing that in a democracy the majority rules. People voted via proxy on these policies, and for better or worse you are stuck with them. Same goes for the "we need to clean out Washington" crowd, you know we have the power to ELECT THE VERY PEOPLE YOU WANT TO OVERTHROW. I mean really, how stupid is this idea? If there ever was enough support for an armed revolution to happen it would be wildly portrayed by a massive turnover in Congress. Why can none of the faux revolutionaries recognize this?

I'm not even mentioning how horrible a violent conflict inside our borders would be in this day and age. The last time it happened was in the mid 1800's, it still has the highest death toll for Americans in any war in our history. Could you imagine now? Millions left dead, cities like Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and Houston completely obliterated by war. There would be nothing left of America.

But here you guys are, saying all that is a noble sacrifice because you are sore losers. Unbelievable, seriously some of the craziest ideas I have ever heard.
I have a wood chipper that needs to be inspected. Could you come over and stick your head in and look around?

Teetop
07-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Worth thinking about ? Thomas Jefferson spoke about nourishing the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots...BUT...when his own Vice President, Aaron Burr, decided to take him up on the idea, Jefferson charged him with treason. :rolleyes:

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson*

:rolleyes:

Teetop
07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
These other two quotes cover Obama pretty well...

"Government as well as religion has furnished its schisms, its persecutions, and its devices for fattening idleness on the earnings of the people." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Clay, 1815. ME 14:233

"Anarchy [is] necessarily consequent to inefficiency." --Thomas Jefferson to George Mason, 1790. ME 8:35

Japandroid
07-13-2009, 04:05 AM
If you think Thomas Jefferson would really think killing millions of people would be a good idea...

gator
07-13-2009, 08:33 AM
If you think Thomas Jefferson would really think killing millions of people would be a good idea...

He understood that the people may from time to time think it was necessary to revolt in order to perserve liberty.

gator
07-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Losing an election.

You bring up a couple of good points worth discussing.

The fact that we elect people and then some of us advocate overthrowing them is interesting. I doubt that I would propose to overthrow a slate of elected officials that I voted into office but I sure as hell would consider overthrowing by force your slate of elected officials if they were first rate assholes that threaten the well being of my family.

There is nothing magical about a Democracy. It can produce tyrants the same as any other form of government. The present Administration is a great example. Democracy at the end of the day is nothing more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for supper.

That piece of shit Lincoln once thought that the best way to save America was to kill over a million Americans and there is fucking memorial to him in Washington DC and his face is on our money so don’t lecture me on the acceptability of force to establish political goals.

noonwitch
07-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Discussing a potential revolution and it's causes is protected free speech.

Plotting armed acts of revolution is considered criminal conspiracy.

Bachman's statement is highly inflammatory, but falls under the first category. If she told people to pick up their guns and meet her in St. Paul on a specific date to overthrow the state capitol, it would fall under the second.

YupItsMe
07-13-2009, 09:19 AM

Tell me when you get to the bad part.

Milly
07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Millions left dead, cities like Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and Houston completely obliterated by war. There would be nothing left of America.

This statement pretty much tells me what I need to know about how you think. When the cities are gone, America is gone. There's an elitist attitude for you! :mad:

Those of us in fly-over country would beg to differ. New York, Chicago and LA could disappear from the map and it wouldn't be a blip on my personal radar screen.

noonwitch
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
This statement pretty much tells me what I need to know about how you think. When the cities are gone, America is gone. There's an elitist attitude for you! :mad:

Those of us in fly-over country would beg to differ. New York, Chicago and LA could disappear from the map and it wouldn't be a blip on my personal radar screen.

I live a block north of Detroit. It wouldn't just be a blip for me, either.

Although, I really don't see the need to take out Detroit. A good part of the city looks like it already was bombed.

Milly
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Although, I really don't see the need to take out Detroit. A good part of the city looks like it already was bombed.

Humm . . . .

Gives a whole new angle on the jet passing so close to the apartment in Detroit. Practicing bombing runs? :eek:

Japandroid
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM

The Federal Reserve branches are all in major cities and they are the ones that ensure the validity of your money. Without those cities any money you have would go from having value to just being paper.

Commodities exchanges are all in major cities. For instance anything farmed in the Midwest is traded in Chicago, the NYSE and Nasdaq in NY... losing the actual marketplaces themselves would be catastrophic.

... that and a ton of innocent men, women and children would die pretty awful deaths. But according to you they deserve to be bombed for living in a city. It's like everyone here eats Crazy-O's for breakfast.

Teetop
07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
He understood that the people may from time to time think it was necessary to revolt in order to perserve liberty.

As many of us, today, understand what Jefferson meant;

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion... We have had thirteen States independent for eleven years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half, for each State. What country before ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion?" --Thomas Jefferson to William S. Smith, 1787. ME 6:372

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion... We have had thirteen States independent for eleven years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half, for each State. What country before ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion?" --Thomas Jefferson to William S. Smith, 1787. ME 6:372

And, my personal favorite;

"I hold it that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms are in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people, which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is medicine necessary for the sound health of government." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1787. ME 6:65

edit to add;

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." --Thomas Jefferson: his motto.

Japandroid
07-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Rebellion's are not cute little things you have now and then, they are violent uprisings that put innocent people's lives in danger. You guys have no respect for the safety and/or happiness of anybody in entire country other than yourselves. You lose an election and suddenly you're pulling out Thomas Jefferson quotes saying it's time for a revolution?

megimoo
07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Rebellion's are not cute little things you have now and then, they are violent uprisings that put innocent people's lives in danger. You guys have no respect for the safety and/or happiness of anybody in entire country other than yourselves. You lose an election and suddenly you're pulling out Thomas Jefferson quotes saying it's time for a revolution?
Comes the revolution the First thing we do is take your little tricycle and send you home crying to mommie !

gator
07-13-2009, 06:17 PM

It is a lot more than losing an election. Things would have been only slightly better had McCain won. He still would have increased the size of government and ran tremendous deficits, just at a little lesser rate. He never would have sealed the border, sent one illegal alien home or stoped foreign intervention. Like Obama McCain had no intentions of doing the hard work necessary to straighten out the mess we are in now.

The only real difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is the rate of movement towards Socialism. The Democrats have the express train while the Republicans will get there a little slower.

We are past the time when an election can fix things. I think the only way we can restore the Republic and reestablish the Constitution is to start all over. That means rebellion and doing away with the existing political power structure.

In a convoluted way it was actually better for Obama to win. He will make things very bad for Americans and that will bring the revolution a little bit sooner. The sooner we have it the better.

By the way, when the collapse happens and people take to the streets there will be blood. Lots of it. Before the Republic can be restored and the Constitution made whole again a lot of people will die.

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 06:21 PM
It is a lot more than losing an election. Things would have been only slightly better had McCain won. He still would have increased the size of government and ran tremendous deficits, just at a little lesser rate. He never would have sealed the border, sent one illegal alien home or stoped foreign intervention. Like Obama McCain had no intentions of doing the hard work necessary to straighten out the mess we are in now.

The only real difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is the rate of movement towards Socialism. The Democrats have the express train while the Republicans will get there a little slower.

We are past the time when an election can fix things. I think the only way we can restore the Republic and reestablish the Constitution is to start all over. That means rebellion and doing away with the existing political power structure.

In a convoluted way it was actually better for Obama to win. He will make things very bad for Americans and that will bring the revolution a little bit sooner. The sooner we have it the better.

By the way, when the collapse happens and people take to the streets there will be blood. Lots of it. Before the Republic can be restored and the Constitution made whole again a lot of people will die.
I have heard that according to the constitution the states can call a constitutional convention and vote to dissolve the federal government. They could send them all home and start over!

Milly
07-13-2009, 06:26 PM
The Federal Reserve branches are all in major cities and they are the ones that ensure the validity of your money. Without those cities any money you have would go from having value to just being paper.

Commodities exchanges are all in major cities. For instance anything farmed in the Midwest is traded in Chicago, the NYSE and Nasdaq in NY... losing the actual marketplaces themselves would be catastrophic.

... that and a ton of innocent men, women and children would die pretty awful deaths. But according to you they deserve to be bombed for living in a city. It's like everyone here eats Crazy-O's for breakfast.

The Fed would hardly be a loss, and my money isn't worth squat anyway (which is why I'm into gold).

I'm not concerned about commodities exchanges, either. If there were no coasts left, Midwest farmers would sell to Midwest people who like to eat. Barter is coming back here in a big way, too, courtesy of this administration's policies.

And where do you read into my post that people in the cities deserve to be bombed? City people no more deserve to be bombed for living in cities than I deserve to be ignored and maligned because I live in the Midwest.

Oh, . . . wait a minute . . .

gator
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I have heard that according to the constitution the states can call a constitutional convention and vote to dissolve the federal government. They could send them all home and start over!

When many of the elected officials in many states are fat and happy with the way things are now why would they vote to have a Constitutional Convention?

For instance, if a politician is getting lots of support from the unions why would he vote for a Constitutional Convention when the Convention may do away with the very government that makes life good for the unions?

The problem with our Congress nowadays is that they perceive themselves to be an American “House of Lords”. We got a good example of that mindset the other day when that stupid bitch Barbra Boxer chewed a Generals ass for not calling her the exalted title of “Senator”.

This American House of Lords will always do the things that keep them in power, not what is good for America.

For Americans to restore the Constitution they are going to have to do it outside the existing political power structure and that means taking to the streets and hold these greedy assholes accountable for fucking up our country.

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 06:37 PM
When many of the elected officials in many states are fat and happy with the way things are now why would they vote to have a Constitutional Convention?

For instance, if a politician is getting lots of support from the unions why would he vote for a Constitutional Convention when the Convention may do away with the very government that makes life good for the unions?

The problem with our Congress nowadays is that they perceive themselves to be an American “House of Lords”. We got a good example of that mindset the other day when that stupid bitch Barbra Boxer chewed a Generals ass for not calling her the exalted title of “Senator”.

This American House of Lords will always do the things that keep them in power, not what is good for America.

For Americans to restore the Constitution they are going to have to do it outside the existing political power structure and that means taking to the streets and hold these greedy assholes accountable for fucking up our country.
When I was a kid when the geese got fat we chopped their heads of and raised new ones!

Japandroid
07-13-2009, 06:55 PM
The Fed would hardly be a loss, and my money isn't worth squat anyway (which is why I'm into gold).

I'm not concerned about commodities exchanges, either. If there were no coasts left, Midwest farmers would sell to Midwest people who like to eat. Barter is coming back here in a big way, too, courtesy of this administration's policies.

And where do you read into my post that people in the cities deserve to be bombed? City people no more deserve to be bombed for living in cities than I deserve to be ignored and maligned because I live in the Midwest.

Oh, . . . wait a minute . . .

Nononono, you're still missing my point. The money will be worth nothing. Like right now you could go to the store and buy a pack of bubblegum for $1, in your fantasy land of rampant war and destruction that wouldn't be possible. Every ounce of every person's savings would go from x value to 0. No exceptions.

Wow, look at your figuring out that people can trade things. Unfortunately your obnoxiously high standard of living comes from more than just the buying and selling of food. Take your computer for instance, check out where it was made. How about everything you own that was made overseas? It requires seaports to make those imports possible. Good luck bartering for a new motherboard or radiator for your car without the presence of a marketplace to facilitate exchanges. The liquidity of your grain is probably about even with one of those packaged GS/AIG mortgages.

Oh, to everyone here who advocates a revolution:

Right now you live in one of (if not the) wealthiest countries in the world. Nothing is stopping you from moving overseas to a new country that better fits what you believe in. You dont have to kill children and raise cities, just pack up and move.

CorwinK
07-13-2009, 06:56 PM

You sir are absolutely correct. Rebellions are not cute little things to have now and again. Rebellion brings about death and brings the horrors of war itself to the streets of small town USA. It is something I fervently hope will be avoided.

Seeing as your complaining about people using quotes from ole TJ, heres one that ought to describe how everyone truly feels.

" Although a soldier by profession, I have never felt any sort of fondness for war, and I have never advocated it, except as a means of peace. "
Ulysses S. Grant

None of us here want armed rebellion. Those of us who have experienced death first hand would be the first to never truly wish it upon another. I quite frankly don't want to have my apartment complex turned into a battlefield. War is something to be avoided at all costs because it proves not who is right, but who is left. However when all avenues of peaceful resistance to unwanted change are exhausted, then rebellion is what remains. The American revolution didn't just start with bloodshed. The colonists tried for years to peacefully persuade the king to see things their way, to allow them to govern themselves, and rather than be benevolent, he imposed more taxes and stricter laws on the colonies, leaving many with what they perceived to be no other option than to stand on the village green at Lexington and trade shots with regulars.

I will be one of the last people to make any sort of conscious decision toward treason, but I refuse to live in a country where I cannot live how I wish. I will not live in a country that threatens my future children's way of life. I will not willingly sit down and smile while I watch everything my forefathers and my current brothers and sisters in arms fought for be cast aside by the stroke of a pen from a man who either doesn't know any better or just doesn't care.

I don't want a war, America as we know it would cease to exist and its highly doubtful we would recover from it in any reasonable amount of time. Foreign powers could use the weakness of a post-revolution America to move in and establish claim over portions of the country. You can forget about being anything resembling a super power again for decades, if ever. However, despite all of these possibilities and how I feel about war in general, I am fully prepared to risk everything to preserve the way of life that I feel is right. I know i'm not the only one, but i wouldn't care if I were. If rebellion is our only option left, God forbid we not exercise it.

Milly
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Nononono, you're still missing my point. The money will be worth nothing. Like right now you could go to the store and buy a pack of bubblegum for $1, in your fantasy land of rampant war and destruction that wouldn't be possible. Every ounce of every person's savings would go from x value to 0. No exceptions.

Wow, look at your figuring out that people can trade things. Unfortunately your obnoxiously high standard of living comes from more than just the buying and selling of food. Take your computer for instance, check out where it was made. How about everything you own that was made overseas? It requires seaports to make those imports possible. Good luck bartering for a new motherboard or radiator for your car without the presence of a marketplace to facilitate exchanges. The liquidity of your grain is probably about even with one of those packaged GS/AIG mortgages.

Right now you live in one of (if not the) wealthiest countries in the world. Nothing is stopping you from moving overseas to a new country that better fits what you believe in. You dont have to kill children and raise cities, just pack up and move.

I still don't see where you're getting the idea that I in any way, shape or form advocate an armed revolution. I never expressed such an idea nor do I hold it.

All I wrote was that the loss of those cities would not affect me PERSONALLY. That's because I have no personal connection to anyone who lives in them.

Also, make no judgements about other people's standards of living. I'm retired and living on a fixed income and my assets have been reduced dramatically by all this financial chicanery. From a comfortable retirement, I've gone to one of genteel poverty (which, I admit, is the best poverty in the world).

And the only country that fits what I believe in is this one, prior to the socialization of everything. Once that's gone, there's nowhere else to go.

Oh - and I do prefer my grain liquid. Generally at a fairly high proof.

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I still don't see where you're getting the idea that I in any way, shape or form advocate an armed revolution. I never expressed such an idea nor do I hold it.

Oh - and I do prefer my grain liquid. Generally at a fairly high proof.

You didn't!
(Putting tank back in garage)

Milly
07-13-2009, 07:44 PM
You didn't!
(Putting tank back in garage)

I didn't think so, but at my advanced age the mind tends to wander . . . . ;)

Teetop
07-13-2009, 08:01 PM

I would rather live under, and protect the U.S. Constitution.

Why don't you move somewhere, like Cuba?

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Armed revolution isn’t obsolete, even in an era when the weapons systems available to the government are overwhelmingly destructive. Highly destructive weapons systems, if used in cities, kill so many innocents that such actions turn people against the government. Think about what happened at Waco in 1993 and the part it played in the Democratic loss of Congress (and, unfortunately, in provoking Timothy McVeigh). There’s a limit to how much firepower you can unleash without destroying your government’s own base of support. There’s another reason that armed revolution is still not only feasible, but sometimes actually necessary to overthrow a..

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/whats-so-funny-about-armed-revolution/

Go ahead, start the revolution,I am waiting to make the first kill defending my country against the rebellion.

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Go ahead, start the revolution,I am waiting to make the first kill defending my country against the rebellion.

Your not so tough!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/thtounge-1.gif?t=1247533741

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Your not so tough!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/thtounge-1.gif?t=1247533741
You have no idea.

I would pile up the bodies faster than you could ask your mom to changed your soiled panties.

I would LOVE to defend my country against a rebellion from the traitors.

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 09:15 PM
You have no idea.

I would pile up the bodies faster than you could ask your mom to changed your soiled panties.

I would LOVE to defend my country against a rebellion from the traitors.

It sounds like mommy put your diaper on to tight!

Teetop
07-13-2009, 09:18 PM

One piece of advice; don't bring a knife, to a gun fight, boy.

You would be the first one to piss yourself, and defect.

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:20 PM

You would be the first one to piss yourself, and defect.

LOL.
I am on the side of the US Government, and the US Constituion, I have the full force of the US miltary on my side. YOU are in the rebellion, YOU are the3 traitors that will be fighting our nation, YOU are the idiots without the good weapons.
But you warn me not to bring a knife ? ..

megimoo
07-13-2009, 09:21 PM

You would be the first one to piss yourself, and defect.Be very careful he could be A Gay Ninja and get a lip lock on you !.

Teetop
07-13-2009, 09:28 PM
LOL.
I am on the side of the US Government, and the US Constituion, I have the full force of the US miltary on my side. YOU are in the rebellion, YOU are the3 traitors that will be fighting our nation, YOU are the idiots without the good weapons.

My, oh my. You're one to spew shit not even spoken.

Most of what we have done is show how guillible you are, by posting quotes from Thomas Jefferson.

No one is in rebellion, moron.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

Teetop
07-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Be very careful he could be A Gay Ninja and get a lip lock on you !.

A gay ninja with pissy pants.

My shoes have tongues, he can kiss them and try to find the lips on them.

gator
07-13-2009, 10:40 PM
LOL.

Maybe the goal of the rebellion would be to restore the Constitution after the fucking Left Wing tried to destroy it. We see great examples of that today.

Like in 1861 and 1776 maybe a good percentage of the military would decide to fight against an out of control government.

CorwinK
07-13-2009, 10:53 PM
LOL.

in 1776 a rag tag group of men with hunting rifles took on the most powerful empire on earth and won with a bunch of hunting rifles and a change in tactics, don't tell me it can't be done.

Jfor
07-13-2009, 10:56 PM

Says the guy from Chicago.

Japandroid
07-13-2009, 11:50 PM
in 1776 a rag tag group of men with hunting rifles took on the most powerful empire on earth and won with a bunch of hunting rifles and a change in tactics, don't tell me it can't be done.

Unless the military refused to fire on American troops any rebellion by a militia wouldn't really stand a chance. The disparity in technology between would-be revolutionaries today and the our current military far outweighs what it was in 1776.

Lager
07-14-2009, 12:07 AM
No offense carlos santanica, but years of experience playing world of warcraft or other first person shooter games don't always translate into the skills you might need to actually survive any kind of shooting war. Also, listening to death metal or whatever the genre is currently called, doesn't create any real toughness, despite how many times one has been in a mosh pit.
And last of all,
The form of Bush/Republican derangement syndrome you exhibit, is no substitution for the actual passion, dedication or sense of self sacrifice you would need to defend anyone.

But hey, what the heck, you sound pretty badass on the internet, might as well go with it.

gator
07-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Unless the military refused to fire on American troops any rebellion by a militia wouldn't really stand a chance. The disparity in technology between would-be revolutionaries today and the our current military far outweighs what it was in 1776.

Patriot missiles, aircraft carriers, and many other sophisticated weapon system would be useless against a rebellion.

Maybe, like in 1861, whole states would join in the rebellion taking the state’s stock of tanks, aircraft and artillery. You do know the country’s largest stockpile of nuclear weapons and the largest number of military bases is in the South, don’t you?

Many rebels would be ex military with knowledge of weapons and tactics. They would have access to auto and semi auto weapons and could do great damage in a guerilla type war.

If the rebellion is widespread many military personnel would be sympathetic and may go over to the other side. Remember, they promised to protect the Constitution and if the rebellion is to restore the Constitution they may decide to do the right thing. Also remember that during the last election about 75% of the military did not support that filthy asshole who won the election. If the rebellion is to kick the Nigerian out of power then maybe the whole military, except for the cooks, would join the rebellion.

linda22003
07-14-2009, 08:09 AM
You do know the country’s largest stockpile of nuclear weapons and the largest number of military bases is in the South, don’t you?

Yeah, but the largest number of people who can read the instructions are in the North.

Also remember that during the last election about 75% of the military did not support that filthy asshole who won the election.

But they know that their oath is not to any one administration, which apparently you do not.

If the rebellion is to kick the Nigerian out of power then maybe the whole military, except for the cooks, would join the rebellion.

Nigerian? Wait, we don't even believe he's really Kenyan any more? It's so hard to keep up with the latest tinfoil rants from the Birthers. :p

gator
07-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Nigerian? Wait, we don't even believe he's really Kenyan any more? It's so hard to keep up with the latest tinfoil rants from the Birthers. :p

What is the difference between a Nigerian and a Kenyan? Not friggin much if you ask me.

linda22003
07-14-2009, 08:25 AM
What is the difference between a Nigerian and a Kenyan? Not friggin much if you ask me.

They're different countries, Gator. Since they both have a lot of black people, I can see why you don't - or can't - differentiate.

noonwitch
07-14-2009, 09:20 AM

Well, they are on opposite sides of the continent, for one thing. Nigeria is on the west coast, near Ghana and Benin, and Kenya is on the east coast, near Somalia and Tanzania.

gator
07-14-2009, 09:38 AM
They're different countries, Gator. Since they both have a lot of black people, I can see why you don't - or can't - differentiate.

I don't see much difference between one African country and another, do you? They are all Third World shitholes.

linda22003
07-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't see much difference between one African country and another, do you? They are all Third World shitholes.

Someone got up on the wrong side of the cave this morning. :)

satanica
07-14-2009, 09:47 AM

Jeeesh, are you a dumbfuck. As we all know, Bush thought Africa was a country.

You guys are just idiots.

Rockntractor
07-14-2009, 10:31 AM

Show me a link to prove Bush didn't know Africa was a continent rodent butt!

satanica
07-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Show me a link to prove Bush didn't know Africa was a continent rodent butt!

My bad, Bush thought Nigeria was a continent, it was Palin who thought Africa was a country.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS287US287&q=palin+africa+country&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1

gator
07-14-2009, 10:59 AM

Obama's trailer trash hippy mother went looking for the first African she could find. What difference does it make if he was from Kenya or Nigeria?

megimoo
07-14-2009, 10:59 AM
My bad, Bush thought Nigeria was a continent, it was Palin who thought Africa was a country.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS287US287&q=palin+africa+country&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1
You have set dumb shitdom back a hundred years !

Rockntractor
07-14-2009, 11:03 AM

I guess after several attepts you get it right but you are smarter than them!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/crazy-eye-gerbil.gif?t=1247583781

lacarnut
07-14-2009, 11:07 AM

How do you excuse the dumb ass in the W.H. that does not know how many states (57 according to Obama) that are in the Union that he has visited with one to go. That is pretty pathetic; he is an ignoramus who probably could not pass the citizenship test.

FlaGator
07-14-2009, 11:24 AM

Doesn't Obama have a teleprompter that walks him through tying his shoes each morning?

Troll
07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
I am on the side of the US Government, and the US Constituion,

:confused:

Which is it?

CorwinK
07-14-2009, 05:21 PM

seeing as civilian firearms equal and in many cases surpass military firearms, and that any sort of rebellion would be primarily a ground war with heavy guerrilla tactics...i don't see technology being an issue. The moment a tank fires an HE shell at rebels and misses taking out 'loyal' civilians, public support for the government would drop like a rock.

you ought to drop by an military town with an air base. The majority of the people love the military, but hate having jets flying to do standard training and flights at all hours of the day and night. imagine how their support would go when those jets start bombing the neighborhood.

Yeah, but the largest number of people who can read the instructions are in the North.

ouch...i can read :-p, that wasn't nice lol.

But they know that their oath is not to any one administration, which apparently you do not.

your right, the oath of enlistment is to no particular office. The first thing in the oath however to swear to do is to support and defend the constitution of the united states against all enemies foreign and domestic. When elected politicians act in a manner that is against the constitution, technically they are domestic enemies as their actions are contrary to the core of our governments existence, the constitution. By oath, if the president were to attempt to do something along the lines of abolish the constitution, then the military would be bound by that oath to march on Washington and remove the offender from office.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Patriot missiles, aircraft carriers, and many other sophisticated weapon system would be useless against a rebellion.

Maybe, like in 1861, whole states would join in the rebellion taking the state’s stock of tanks, aircraft and artillery. You do know the country’s largest stockpile of nuclear weapons and the largest number of military bases is in the South, don’t you?
Your first point (and I think it's your only one, really) is actually quite valid. We learned in Iraq that no matter how advanced our weapon systems we can easily be bested by an insurgency. But really, are you willing to stoop to terrorism? Killing innocent Americans just because you lost an election?

Imagine if it were you that got on the wrong bus or airplane. Or your kids.\

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:03 PM
A lot of you say "I would be willing to fight and die for what I believe in", which is admirable. But what is being suggested tongue-in-cheek is here is "I would be willing to have other people fight and die for what I believe in", that's not only wrong but pretty frightening.

A rebellion would kill so many people and destroy pretty much everything this country has built since 1776.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:07 PM
A lot of you say "I would be willing to fight and die for what I believe in", which is admirable. But what is being suggested tongue-in-cheek is here is "I would be willing to have other people fight and die for what I believe in", that's not only wrong but pretty frightening.

A rebellion would kill so many people and destroy pretty much everything this country has built since 1776.

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”

I don't think we live in the same country, dude. Maybe by name, but that's about it.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:09 PM
George Patton was not talking about innocent civilians.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:13 PM
George Patton was not talking about innocent civilians.

Collateral damage.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Collateral damage.

Not my neighbors, friends and family. Not willing to sacrifice their well-being because you lost an election.

gator
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Your first point (and I think it's your only one, really) is actually quite valid. We learned in Iraq that no matter how advanced our weapon systems we can easily be bested by an insurgency. But really, are you willing to stoop to terrorism? Killing innocent Americans just because you lost an election?

Imagine if it were you that got on the wrong bus or airplane. Or your kids.\

You kill fellow American to reestablish the Republic and to restore the Constitution because the filthy assholes that won election are destroying the country. It is a noble undertaking.

As already posted:

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure".

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
You kill fellow American to reestablish the Republic and to restore the Constitution because the filthy assholes that won election are destroying the country. It is a noble undertaking.
Actually it's not a noble undertaking. Your freedom to be a raving lunatics ends with you harming other people, and that's exactly what you are proposing.

Our leaders are elected, there is no justification for overthrowing them. If you ever did drum up enough support for this-- whatever this revolt nonsense thing is-- it would be reflected rather quickly with election results. You dont grasp this, you're just bitter and clinging to your guns and/or religion.

How right Barack Obama was...

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Not my neighbors, friends and family. Not willing to sacrifice their well-being because you lost an election.

Then don't hide behind them when they come after you.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Then don't hide behind them when they come after you.

I.. never.. said, I would?

But yeah.. OK, you can go to bed tonight dreaming of hiding in a bunker fighting the man. The reality is a lot less fun.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I.. never.. said, I would?

But yeah.. OK, you can go to bed tonight dreaming of hiding in a bunker fighting the man. The reality is a lot less fun.

"The man"???

What "man"?

No men on your side of the political spectrum.

BTW, I do not endorse any type of armed insurrection, but if it ever happens, you all are going to get slaughtered.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
if it ever happens, you all are going to get slaughtered.

Bahaha.. oh noes the big bad cat is gonna come and get me. I'll be sleeping pretty well tonight, there are potholes that scare me more than you do.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Sigworthy insanity right there BadCat, keep up the good work.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Sigworthy insanity right there BadCat, keep up the good work.

Oh?
Your side has guns?
They know how to use them?

Your side HATES guns, and if you had one, you'd shoot your own dick off.

And I didn't say "I" was going to "come get you"...damn man, did Evanston get a fresh supply of peyote?

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh?
Your side has guns?
They know how to use them?

And I didn't say "I" was going to "come get you"...damn man, did Evanston get a fresh supply of peyote?

You told me you were going to slaughter me. Really, if all you have left to cling to as a Republican is your stack of arms being larger than that of Democrats it kind of shows why you guys couldn't even buy yourself an election victory right now.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:41 PM
You told me you were going to slaughter me. Really, if all you have left to cling to as a Republican is your stack of arms being larger than that of Democrats it kind of shows why you guys couldn't even buy yourself an election victory right now.

Show me where I said that, or shut the fuck up.

CorwinK
07-14-2009, 06:50 PM
i dont think either side would stoop to the point of killing civilians, armed combatants to be sure but not deliberately killing civilians. It would undermine both sides reason for fighting and turn all the swing people to the other side. Hence why the government wont use the big guns, and a rebellious force wont stoop to terrorism. Granted, MSM would slam any rebellion as domestic terrorism so it would have an uphill battle to begin with but thats another matter.

armed rebellion wont happen any time soon so stop with the silly name calling and getting pissy. before people take up arms the government is going to have to do something big, something along the lines of an un-coverable killing of american citizens...martial law across the nation...forming of some sort of secret police...enacting policy specifically targeting a group of people (blacks, whites, men, women, children, seniors, whatever), or start having a large number of unexplainable disapearences of "anti-government people". Perhaps...something a little more realistic if those ideas are too far fetched, how do you think gun owners are going to react nation wide if the president enacts legislation stating that only if your job requires you to be armed (security and the like) then you may own a firearm.

until something along those lines happen, no one is rebelling.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Show me where I said that, or shut the fuck up.

"you all are going to get slaughtered."

"Oh?
Your side has guns?
They know how to use them?"

K, what do I do next?

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:54 PM
"you all are going to get slaughtered."

"Oh?
Your side has guns?
They know how to use them?"

K, what do I do next?

And how is that saying that "I" was going to slaughter you?

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
And how is that saying that "I" was going to slaughter you?

"I do not endorse any type of armed insurrection, but if it ever happens, you all are going to get slaughtered."

BadCat
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
"I do not endorse any type of armed insurrection, but if it ever happens, you all are going to get slaughtered."

That's an observation.
Where did I say I was going to slaughter you?

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 07:01 PM
In. That. Sentence.

lacarnut
07-14-2009, 07:13 PM
That's an observation.
Where did I say I was going to slaughter you?

Junior needs to go back to school and take a course in English Deduction 101.

Japandroid
07-14-2009, 07:15 PM

You're a fiesty little cheerleader aren't you? I dont like BadCat, for a myriad of reasons, but I sort of respect the fact that he has these views and champions them himself regardless of what other people think.

You on the hand... well you just jump once the dust has settled and get some shots in. You're like a rodent who waits under the floorboards to pickup the food the dog couldn't find.

lacarnut
07-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Our leaders are elected, there is no justification for overthrowing them. If you ever did drum up enough support for this-- whatever this revolt nonsense thing is-- it would be reflected rather quickly with election results. You dont grasp this, you're just bitter and clinging to your guns and/or religion.

How Wrong. Wrong, Wrong Obama is and a lot of that Magic Fairy Dust is beginning to wear off. Can we say buyer's remorse...

FIXED

Wrong Whitebread!

lacarnut
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
You're a fiesty little cheerleader aren't you? I dont like BadCat, for a myriad of reasons, but I sort of respect the fact that he has these views and champions them himself regardless of what other people think.

You on the hand... well you just jump once the dust has settled and get some shots in. You're like a rodent who waits under the floorboards to pickup the food the dog couldn't find.

See Post #77 . You are either too chickenshit or too stupid to respond.

You are the rodent. A mousy little shit that squeals when he gets his feeling hurt and whines to a moderator because we are being mean to him. Now, go Cry Me a River, Ya little Sissy.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 08:46 PM

It must not be a required course in his Womyn's Studies major.

Milly
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh?

Your side has guns?

But they do love bombs. Just ask Bill Ayers. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
But they do love bombs. Just ask Bill Ayers. :rolleyes:

But as Jim Quinn pointed out this morning They are incompetent and blew themselves up!

Milly
07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
But as Jim Quinn pointed out this morning They are incompetent and blew themselves up!

Not nearly enough!:D

gator
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Actually it's not a noble undertaking. Your freedom to be a raving lunatics ends with you harming other people, and that's exactly what you are proposing.

How right Barack Obama was...

You really are a dumbshit aren't you?

There is nothing magical about an elected official. They can be just as much of a tyrant as a non elected official.

For instance, that piece of shit Lincoln was elected by 39% of the vote and he made the decision to invade American and kill Americans. His dirty little venture caused the death of a million Americans and destroyed scores of American cities. Along the way he did away with more Constitutional freedoms than you can count on all your fingers and all your toes.

Just because Obama got elected with help of his ACORN friends, the Environmental wackos, the filthy little Unions, the Trial Lawyers Assocation a and every Ebonics speaking person in the US does not mean that the rest of us has to go along with his plans to turn the US in a Socialist paradise.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Careful buddy, he'll claim you want to slaughter him after reading that.

Rockntractor
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
And feed him to the hogs!

Japandroid
07-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Just because Obama got elected with help of his ACORN friends, the Environmental wackos, the filthy little Unions, the Trial Lawyers Assocation a and every Ebonics speaking person in the US does not mean that the rest of us has to go along with his plans to turn the US in a Socialist paradise.

The ACORN friends, environmental wacko's (this label is somewhat ironic), the filthy little unions, lawyers and black people all are entitled to the same say as you are. If they really are the majority then they rule, it is how the system works.

You're free to leave Gator... really, go to some other place.

Japandroid
07-15-2009, 02:10 AM
See Post #77 . You are either too chickenshit or too stupid to respond.

You are the rodent. A mousy little shit that squeals when he gets his feeling hurt and whines to a moderator because we are being mean to him. Now, go Cry Me a River, Ya little Sissy.

Post #77 was not directed towards me. Now you're just making things up...

linda22003
07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
This thread is smelling pretty high. It's like there have been a lot of male cats in here, spraying everything at random to mark territory. :rolleyes:

Molon Labe
07-16-2009, 12:53 PM

How's that? Do you really think the 1A is there so we can just bitch and complain against a tyranny? So what does the 2A imply? I'll bet you think it means you can hunt and have a handgun in your bedside drawer, but nothing really dangerous. Think really hard about what's at the heart of the BOR and the 2nd amendment in particular.

Sure it is, as much as anything any left winger says. Listen to any Zach De La Rocha? He ain't advocating Tea and crumpet parties buddy.

So you think the majority of Court interpretation and setting new precedent down the ages has been a good thing for our legal system? Hypothetically: What if the courts decide in the near future that peaceable assembly is illegal in certain instances? Is that OK by you because it was founded by a "legitimate" authority? The constitution was written so that an 11th grader could read it. It's not some strange code that needs to be deciphered by legal detectives, because we peons are just too stupid to get it.

If you want to start a revolution you are committing a clear form of treason and/or sedition against the U.S. Government.

Huh? Our founders were labeled traitors. The old cliche of one's traitor another's freedom fighter I think is appropriate.

Some of us believe that when you take an oath to the constitution and then spit on it as has our last few and current President, as well as many members of congress, that that is also treason. Does your treason and sedition also apply to them?

Another hypothetical: Say the Republican party has the POTUS and Congress and said that it was suspending elections for the unforseen future? Then they want to come after people like you. You still ok with going to the public square and spouting some discontent. I mean, judging by your posts in the gun thread you don't own the "equalizer".

No, this guy is basically suggesting that "revolutionists" fight for the people by martyring a bunch of innocent civilians. That is so completely batshit insane I dont know where to start. And it's being reposted here. And people are defending it.

What is going on? Do people really believe that the best course of action is to try and trick the US military into bombing an urban center? It takes an incomprehensible level of stupitidy to even suggest that happening.

By and large this is a very frightening trend that is quickly developing on the right, the whole idea of arming yourself to teeth and waiting for the bombs to start flying.

Let's not forget who started the current crises of ignoring Posse Comitatus. It was your buddy Big Bubba' Bill Clinton. Did you forget Waco and Ruby ridge....How legal or right was that mission? I'll bet you never were concerned when that took place.

I cannot agree with the premise that it's ok to bomb civilians either, I didn't see that was the articles main thrust, but I could be missing something. I think your'e taking this way out of context.

I doubt anyone her is really suggesting that it's time to overthrow the government just because of an election...no more so than anything Zack de la Rocha has said or written. But hey, that's just music isn't it. Although I will admit that there are a lot more concerned souls now that there isn't an 'R' in the Whitehouse than before November. That's alarming and hypocrisy.

Your problem seems to be that you see the U.S. government and America as the same thing. Well, it's not. (See Trolls post below) That's a problem that is not unique to left wingers or some right wingers here.

As if it's not already. Please do some research on what happens to fiat paper currencies when the Fed pumps 2 trillion new dollars (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/business/jan-june09/fed_03-18.html)into the system as has been done in the last 10 months. You don't truly believe the economy is going to be truckin' along nicely next year do you?

Amen. The congress has increasingly become a group that thinks themselves better than the people they represent. A General has actually EARNED his title. I propose that all of our Congress now work at minimum wage. That ensures those who really have a desire for liberty and shackle tyranny will serve the people and can't live as an elitist ass.

Originally Posted by satanica
I am on the side of the US Government, and the US Constituion,

:confused:

Which is it?

Exactly! You always have the clarity. :) Dickmunch can't have it both ways

Teetop
07-16-2009, 04:43 PM
This thread is smelling pretty high. It's like there have been a lot of male cats in here, spraying everything at random to mark territory. :rolleyes:

Is it turning you on? :p :D

Troll
07-16-2009, 07:18 PM
The congress has increasingly become a group that thinks themselves better than the people they represent.

That reminds me of a quote:

The claims of these organizers of humanity (Socialists) raise another question which I have often asked them and which, so far as I know, they have never answered: If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? The organizers maintain that society, when left undirected, rushes headlong to its inevitable destruction because the instincts of the people are so perverse. The legislators claim to stop this suicidal course and to give it a saner direction. Apparently, then, the legislators and the organizers have received from Heaven an intelligence and virtue that place them beyond and above mankind; if so, let them show their titles to this superiority.

This line of reasoning brings us to a challenging question: If people are as incapable, as immoral, and as ignorant as the politicians indicate, then why is the right of these same people to vote defended with such passionate insistence?

~ The Law, Frederick Bastiat

Did this guy read liberalism like a book or what?

Exactly! You always have the clarity. :) Dickmunch can't have it both ways

The Founding Fathers would laugh at someone who said they were loyal to both government and to the Constitution. I think they recognized that government and liberty cancel each other out - that government can't GIVE you freedom - government can only take it away. So, in essence, they framed the Constitution to protect us all from government. So saying you support both: (a) government and (b) an anti-government document, for me, is pretty hard to reconcile.

Molon Labe
07-16-2009, 08:12 PM
That reminds me of a quote:

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?

Did this guy read liberalism like a book or what?

The Founding Fathers would laugh at someone who said they were loyal to both government and to the Constitution. I think they recognized that government and liberty cancel each other out - that government can't GIVE you freedom - government can only take it away. So, in essence, they framed the Constitution to protect us all from government. So saying you support both: (a) government and (b) an anti-government document, for me, is pretty hard to reconcile.

I used that part of the quote just the other day in a response to a socialist friend of mine. I've never read any Bastiat beyond the quotes and excerpts, but I know alot of his disciples and some of their work.

Too bad B.C has probably scared off Satanica boy. I was hoping he could elaborate on this. Not that he really would or anything, but you could get him to back track occassionally, when he actually listened.

gator
07-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Amen. The congress has increasingly become a group that thinks themselves better than the people they represent. A General has actually EARNED his title. I propose that all of our Congress now work at minimum wage. That ensures those who really have a desire for liberty and shackle tyranny will serve the people and can't live as an elitist ass.

The problem with our government is that there is too much money available for the taking. Congress seems to think their job is to skim as much of the GNP as possible for their special interest groups. Nobody in Congress is really working for the good of the country anymore. I don't think our Founding Fathers ever saw it coming.

Congress is elite and has even exempted themselves from some of the same laws and taxes the rest of us are burden with.

The only way to stop this shit is to limit the amount of money that the government can take from the people to the bear minimal necessary to provide for defense and a few more absolutely necessary government functions.

That is not going to happen with the lection process. It will take a revolution to do that. We need to kick the bastards out and restore the Constitution and the Republic. The bastards will not go without a fight.