PDA

View Full Version : I get slammed as a leftists for opposing a WND story! lol

PoliCon
07-11-2009, 01:39 PM
SO GET THIS - This guy I know posts a WND story on facebook - I comment on it being as how A) WND daily is less reliable than the NATIONAL ENQUIRER when it comes to news reporting - and I said so - and I pointed out that the topic of the story is a bullshit one so that makes me a leftist. WTF is wrong with people? Did Obama getting elected turn people on the right into brain dead democrats all of a sudden???

This is the offending story - http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=103626

Ranger Rick
07-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I am curious as to why this is bullshit? This is Hillary's case, and I for one think she was on to something.

linda22003
07-11-2009, 05:39 PM
WorldNutsDaily is the home of the Birthers. They're the ones riding that hobby horse.

Apocalypse
07-11-2009, 07:19 PM
SO GET THIS - This guy I know posts a WND story on facebook - I comment on it being as how A) WND daily is less reliable than the NATIONAL ENQUIRER when it comes to news reporting - and I said so - and I pointed out that the topic of the story is a bullshit one so that makes me a leftist. WTF is wrong with people? Did Obama getting elected turn people on the right into brain dead democrats all of a sudden???

The topic isn't as much bullshit as you think.

Some of it is yes stretching the truth, but he is real, and yes he is objecting to deploying under CO and is facing charges under the UCMJ.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17267823/Application-for-TRO-of-Major-Cook-Filed-by-Orly-Taitz

Rockntractor
07-11-2009, 07:40 PM

Calling you a leftist is ridiculous and laughable but you are a little to hard on WND I read any source with a grain of salt and I never make up my mind immediately. I watch and compare.

FlaGator
07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
All sources have issues to one degree or another. It is a good citizen's duty to verify before he or she accepts the truth of something. Neil Boortz specifically tells his listeners to believe nothing they hear on his show until they have verified it for themselves. Excellent advice from the talk master.

PoliCon
07-11-2009, 10:46 PM
All sources have issues to one degree or another. It is a good citizen's duty to verify before he or she accepts the truth of something. Neil Boortz specifically tells his listeners to believe nothing they hear on his show until they have verified it for themselves. Excellent advice from the talk master.

which is why I like him. :)

PoliCon
07-11-2009, 10:53 PM
The topic isn't as much bullshit as you think.

Some of it is yes stretching the truth, but he is real, and yes he is objecting to deploying under CO and is facing charges under the UCMJ.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17267823/Application-for-TRO-of-Major-Cook-Filed-by-Orly-Taitz

He can object all he likes - he's going to lose.

PoliCon
07-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I am curious as to why this is bullshit? This is Hillary's case, and I for one think she was on to something.

like it or not - he's our president now and for the next 3.5 years and not one person is going to be turned against him over this issue.

MrsSmith
07-11-2009, 10:58 PM
WorldNutsDaily is the home of the Birthers. They're the ones riding that hobby horse.

Not so much...

http://www.conservapedia.com/Obama_birth_certificate_lawsuits

The political action committee 'Obama for America' has paid $1,066,691.90 to the Perkins Coie law firm between Oct. 16, 2008 and March 30, 2009, to fight every request to release of Obama's original birth records. [10] Partial listing of cases courtesy of WND.com [1]

New Jersey attorney Mario Apuzzo has filed a case on behalf of Charles Kerchner and others alleging Congress didn't properly ascertain that Obama is qualified to hold the office of president.

Pennsylvania Democrat Philip Berg has three cases pending, including Berg vs. Obama in the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, a separate Berg vs. Obama which is under seal at the U.S. District Court level and Hollister vs. Soetoro a/k/a Obama, brought on behalf of a retired military member who could be facing recall to active duty by Obama. [11]

Leo Donofrio of New Jersey filed a lawsuit claiming Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president. His case was considered in conference by the U.S. Supreme Court but denied a full hearing.

Cort Wrotnowski filed suit against Connecticut's secretary of state, making a similar argument to Donofrio. His case was considered in conference by the U.S. Supreme Court, but was denied a full hearing.

Former presidential candidate Alan Keyes headlines a list of people filing a suit in California, in a case handled by the United States Justice Foundation, that asks the secretary of state to refuse to allow the state's 55 Electoral College votes to be cast in the 2008 presidential election until Obama verifies his eligibility to hold the office. The case is pending, and lawyers are seeking the public's support.

Chicago attorney Andy Martin sought legal action requiring Hawaii Gov. Linda Lingle to release Obama's vital statistics record. The case was dismissed by Hawaii Circuit Court Judge Bert Ayabe.

Lt. Col. Donald Sullivan sought a temporary restraining order to stop the Electoral College vote in North Carolina until Barack Obama's eligibility could be confirmed, alleging doubt about Obama's citizenship. His case was denied.

In Ohio, David M. Neal sued to force the secretary of state to request documents from the Federal Elections Commission, the Democratic National Committee, the Ohio Democratic Party and Obama to show the presidential candidate was born in Hawaii. The case was denied. [12]

Also in Ohio, there was the Greenberg v. Brunner case which ended when the judge threatened to assess all case costs against the plaintiff. [13]

In Washington state, Steven Marquis sued the secretary of state seeking a determination on Obama's citizenship. The case was denied.

In Georgia, Rev. Tom Terry asked the state Supreme Court to authenticate Obama's birth certificate. His request for an injunction against Georgia's secretary of state was denied by Georgia Superior Court Judge Jerry W. Baxter.

California attorney Orly Taitz has brought a case, Lightfoot vs. Bowen, on behalf of Gail Lightfoot, the vice presidential candidate on the ballot with Ron Paul, four electors and two registered voters. [14]

In addition, other cases cited on the RightSideofLife blog as raising questions about Obama's eligibility:
In Texas, Darrel Hunter vs. Obama later was dismissed.
In Ohio, Gordon Stamper vs. U.S. later was dismissed. [15]
In Texas, Brockhausen vs. Andrade.
In Washington, L. Charles Cohen vs. Obama.
In Hawaii, Keyes vs. Lingle, dismissed. [16]

Apocalypse
07-12-2009, 12:08 AM
He can object all he likes - he's going to lose.
I agree he is going to lose. His grounds for OC is a stretch to put it mildly. OC even when it is legit is difficult to fall under, and takes for ever to clear the propper channels. Even if proven later that Obama is ineligible, right now he is his C&C and as such, he took an oath to follow his orders.

When I was reading his case, the previous case of Watada kept popping into mind and how that idiot tried getting out of doing his duty and how it mirriod this case. But in Watada's case, he got off due to the Bush Admin not wanting to give more fame to this coward, in this case, I doubt he will get off that easy.

PoliCon
07-12-2009, 12:15 AM
I agree he is going to lose. His grounds for OC is a stretch to put it mildly. OC even when it is legit is difficult to fall under, and takes for ever to clear the propper channels. Even if proven later that Obama is ineligible, right now he is his C&C and as such, he took an oath to follow his orders.

When I was reading his case, the previous case of Watada kept popping into mind and how that idiot tried getting out of doing his duty and how it mirriod this case. But in Watada's case, he got off due to the Bush Admin not wanting to give more fame to this coward, in this case, I doubt he will get off that easy.

True - they will not let him off easy at all - and rightfully they shouldn't.