PDA

View Full Version : What is the best diet for human beings?

Rockntractor
07-11-2009, 08:52 PM
The Healthiest Foods On Earth
Jonny Bowden, 07.07.09, 04:00 PM EDT
The most important consideration in constructing a healthy diet: Eat whole food with minimal processing. These 12 foods do the trick.
In Depth: The Healthiest Foods On Earth

Jonny Bowden

What is the best diet for human beings?

Vegetarian? Vegan? High-protein? Low-fat? Dairy-Free?

Hold on to your shopping carts: There is no perfect diet for human beings. At least not one that's based on how much protein, fat or carbohydrates you eat.

People have lived and thrived on high-protein, high-fat diets (the Inuit of Greenland); on low-protein, high-carb diets (the indigenous peoples of southern Africa); on diets high in raw milk and cream (the people of the Loetschental Valley in Switzerland); diets high in saturated fat (the Trobriand Islanders) and even on diets in which animal blood is considered a staple (the Massai of Kenya and Tanzania). And folks have thrived on these diets without the ravages of degenerative diseases that are so epidemic in modern life--heart disease, diabetes, obesity, neurodegenerative diseases, osteoporosis and cancer.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/07/healthiest-foods-nutrition-lifestyle-health-healthiest-foods.html?feed=rss_news
This article caught my eye and normally nutrition articles don't!

Milly
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Soylent green?

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Soylent green?

Tastes like chicks!

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Soylent green?

Interesting . . . . I wonder how the PETA crowd feels about Soylent green . . . .

Gingersnap
07-13-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm Scandi. The best diet for me is dairy, meat, salad veggies, and berries with a few nuts.

What's wrong for me: fruit, starchy carbs in excess, and sugar.