PDA

View Full Version : Hate Speech Against Malia Obama On Conservative Blogs Reported By Hate Speech Plantin

Carol
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3965815)

Sophie-Helene (15 posts) Sun Jul-12-09 07:43 PM
Original message
Hate Speech Against Malia Obama On Conservative Blogs Reported By Hate Speech Planting Journalist
Source: Gawker

We should've seen this coming: conservative blog Free Republic fired hate speech off at Malia Obama after this photo of her appeared, letting their commenters go to town. But the journalist who reported this as news isn't innocent, either.

Read more: http://gawker.com/5312952/hate-speech-against-malia-oba...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this on one of my favorite websites.

Interesting info about the journalist.

Yes it is "interesting", expecially in light of speculation that the remarks about Malia Obama on FreeRepublic were planted there by liberals.

Here's some of that article the OP was referring to.

http://gawker.com/5312952/hate-speech-against-malia-obama-on-conservative-blogs-reported-by-hate-speech-planting-journalist

It gets worse, though. Chris Parry, it appears, has advocated on his Daily Kos blog any number of egregious offenses, among them: posting hate speech on sites like Free Republic and blaming it on conservatives. Parry posted under the name "hollywoodoz" on Daily Kos, where his signature was "Fool me once, I'll punch you in the fucking head." Parry outed himself as hollywoodoz here, where he discloses the company he helped start. In essence: Parry, the journalist, found his story right where he'd been circling it for a very long time, and reported it as news. Sigh.

Chris Parry is the journalist who reported it.

Dennis Donovan (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-12-09 07:45 PM
Response to Original message
1. The mods will be playing whack-a-troll tonight, I see...
Sophie-Helene (15 posts)
9. Take note...
That's what I saw. A flawed investigation with a valid conclusion.

CatWoman (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-12-09 08:12 PM
Response to Reply #9
27. and you're a flawed freeper posting equally flawed bullshit.
bluestateguy (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-12-09 07:55 PM
12. This strikes me as, well let's see here, um, FALSE
And of course that makes the racist slurs of an 11 year old somehow OK.
Kahuna
23. Face it. You wingnuts (emphasis on "Nuts") have been flying under
the radar for years. You should have learned something when the main stream media followed President Obama's lead in calling out your leader rush and your propaganda vehicle, fixed news. You should have realized that you would be next. And so you are. It doesn't matter what the author of the piece has done in the past. What he reported was the ugly truth about the racism that runs rampant and unabated on free republic.

and-justice-for-all (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-12-09 08:11 PM
25. Yeah, I can see right through that bullshit...
pukes are trying to pass the buck..Free Repukelick does not need any help when it comes to hatemongering and being bigots, I do not in the least think that Chris Parry would sink to such levels... It would be interesting to know if all the comments came from the same 1 or 2 IP addresses and what computer they came from.

Rockntractor
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Great post thank you. I guess MSNBC will be buzzing with apologies tonight.

ralph wiggum
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Missing topic. Nice free speech, DUmmies. :rolleyes:

Carol, I fixed your DUmp link. Not that it matters anymore. :D

Carol
07-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Yea, they can't let anything stay around DU that shows any Dem in an unfavorable light even if it's accurate, can they?.

If we had a nickel for everytime someone over there wrote that they wouldn't believe something because of where it was posted (despite being on the MSM) or because it just didn't "sound right" we'd all be rich.

Thanks for fixing the link, too.