PDA

View Full Version : The Obama Administration is a 'Seinfeld' Episode

AlmostThere
07-13-2009, 03:48 AM
This is so dead-on, it's scary.

Last week Vice President Biden blurted out in an interview that the Obama administration misread the economy, thrusting President Obama into yet another round of Biden damage control a few days later. “No, no, no, I would actually, rather than say misread – we had incomplete information.”

On a late-night television show I joked that gaffe-prone Biden was kind of like Chrissy, from “Three’s Company,” always stumbling into a laugh at her own expense. Having had more time to think about that analysis, I’d like to take it back. Chrissy was unintentionally hilarious, much like Biden, but Chrissy was also dumb as rocks. And, as much as I like to criticize his judgment, Joe Biden is not dumb. He just lacks a filter.

So then it hit me: Biden isn’t Chrissy – he’s Kramer. As I put the pieces together in my head I was almost ashamed I hadn’t seen it earlier. Joe Biden is Cosmo Kramer, Jerry Seinfeld’s awkward, and tactless but loveable neighbor, whose mouth is constantly getting Jerry into trouble.
....http://www.newsmax.com/s.e._cupp/biden_kramer_seinfeld/2009/07/12/234649.html

gator
07-13-2009, 08:19 AM
I was thinking more like "The Jeffersons".

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I was thinking more like "The Jeffersons".

I dont't like seinfeld either.

noonwitch
07-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I dont't like seinfeld either.

I never liked it, either. My sister and her husband did (they like Larry David, too). I watched some episodes with them, and the only one I thought was funny was "The Contest". Otherwise, I thought that they were 4 shallow, obnoxious and selfish people who were really not that funny.

Teetop
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
I never liked it, either. My sister and her husband did (they like Larry David, too). I watched some episodes with them, and the only one I thought was funny was "The Contest". Otherwise, I thought that they were 4 shallow, obnoxious and selfish people who were really not that funny.

Agreed! I have never watched one complete episode.

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Agreed! I have never watched one complete episode.
I have honestly tried to watch it because I have friends that watched it. I cannot stay focused on it.