PDA

View Full Version : Gay Couple detained after kissing-taunting the Mormon Church

stsinner
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
In another obnoxious in-your-face act of look at us 'normal' queers, two men whine that they were, "targeted because they are gay." Surely not! Engaging in behavior that is blatantly against the beliefs of the church to which the plaza you're standing belongs..

"It doesn't matter what they were asked to leave for," Snyder said. "If they are asked to leave and don't they are ... trespassing."

Agreed!

Why would they decide to stop and hug and kiss at that location and then use profanity when asked to stop engaging in inappropriate behavior that isn't allowed by anyone at that location owned by the church...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090711/ap_on_re_us/us_mormon_church_trespassing_1

noonwitch
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't understand why gays would want to irritate the Mormons so much. Or anyone opposed to legalizing gay marriage for religious reasons-no one is going to change their minds, at this point, and acting like this to provoke a response will not get too much public sympathy.

If the couple had been on any given street in SLC, than they have the right to behave the same way any other couple has the right to behave in public-kissing, holding hands, etc. But they chose to do so on property owned by the LDS, so they asked for what they got.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 01:05 PM
You have to love the afterthought line that the editors threw in at the end so that they could claim journalistic impartiality. . . . . :rolleyes:

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't understand why gays would want to irritate the Mormons so much.

Could be because the Mormons are fucking evil idiots who deserve to die. The mormos went after the gay on Prop 8. Get informed already
Imagine being a mormon, and being outraged at the gays about their view on marraige. WTF, complete hypocrisy.

Gingersnap
07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Could be because the Mormons are fucking evil idiots who deserve to die. The mormos went after the gay on Prop 8. Get informed already
Imagine being a mormon, and being outraged at the gays about their view on marraige. WTF, complete hypocrisy.

Doubtful. If you had ever been there (and I have, more than once), you would know that no PDAs are permitted on that private property. Maybe you missed that last part - it's private property.

The public is welcome as long they are not drunk, not making out, not smoking, not naked, and not annoying the LDS with protests. This goes for everybody - straight, gay, pagan, atheist, or whatever. It's clearly understood and there's a lot of signage.

You state that "they" deserve to die (the LDS). Interesting. That's exactly what Sharia law demands in many countries. Oddly, the LDS have no provision for killing gays or dissidents. You seem to have more in common with certain other religions today than it would seem.

Good luck with that.

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Doubtful. If you had ever been there (and I have, more than once), you would know that no PDAs are permitted on that private property. Maybe you missed that last part - it's private property.

The public is welcome as long they are not drunk, not making out, not smoking, not naked, and not annoying the LDS with protests. This goes for everybody - straight, gay, pagan, atheist, or whatever. It's clearly understood and there's a lot of signage.

You state that "they" deserve to die (the LDS). Interesting. That's exactly what Sharia law demands in many countries. Oddly, the LDS have no provision for killing gays or dissidents. You seem to have more in common with certain other religions today than it would seem.

Good luck with that.

Oh please, the Christain god also demands that non believers are killed

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 09:36 PM
interesting that the fucktards on the left ignore the MASSIVE effort on behalf of and support of Prop 8 by the black church . . . . :rolleyes:

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 09:37 PM

and where pray tell does he demand that?:rolleyes:

hazlnut
07-13-2009, 09:40 PM

Okay, I'll give you Harry Dean Stanton, he's a total bastard.

But Bill Paxton and Jeanne Tripplehorn seem pretty cool. And ChloŽ Sevigny is sexy as hell, I don't care what religion she is.:o

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
and where pray tell does he demand that?:rolleyes:

The bible is littered with these evil passages. Assuming you are totally uninformed about the bible, you can start here...

Deuteronomy 17
17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 09:46 PM
The bible is littered with these evil passages. Assuming you are totally uninformed about the bible, you can start here...

Deuteronomy 17
17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Fucktard - that verse is not talking about unbelievers - it's talking about believers. the YOU talked about here is Israel. He's talking about those WITHIN the body of believers not those without. Perhaps you should read the text. What Website are you using as your source BTW?

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Fucktard - that verse is not talking about unbelievers - it's talking about believers. the YOU talked about here is Israel. He's talking about those WITHIN the body of believers not those without - and if you bothered to read the whole of the text and not just cherry picked verses you would know that we're talking about people who with their own eyes saw the YHWH work and fight for them. :rolleyes:

Deuteronomy 17

It's about people worshipping OTHER GODS. These people DON'T believe in the christian god...because they are worshipping OTHER GODS. Understand ?
Why would god order the stoning to death of his own believers ?..Jeeesh, use some sense for once.

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Your view is that he is ordering the death of his followers.

LOL, Thats some stupid shit.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Your view is that he is ordering the death of his followers.

LOL, Thats some stupid shit.

Do you know anything about the history of Israel? Or are you a typical ignorant fuck atheist?

satanica
07-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Do you know anything about the history of Israel? Or are you a typical ignorant fuck atheist?

Listen up fool.

I claimed that verse was about killing non believers
YOU claimed it was about god ordering the death of true believers.
Do you really think killing believers is better than killing non believers ? ...is there even a difference ? What a idiotic view.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Listen up fool.

I claimed that verse was about killing non believers
YOU claimed it was about god ordering the death of true believers.
Do you really think killing believers is better than killing non believers ? ...is there even a difference ? What a idiotic view.

Do you think it's safe to let cancer cells grow unchecked? :rolleyes:

satanica
07-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Do you think it's safe to let cancer cells grow unchecked? :rolleyes:

So your view is that god wanted to kill the people who worshipped him?
Take a bow, you are the dumbest person on the planet.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
So your view is that god wanted to kill the people who worshipped him?
Take a bow, you are the dumbest person on the planet.

No dumbass - he wanted a cancer growing in Israel killed so that it could not corrupt and kill the body. The NT expression of this is excommunication. Stupid fucktard.

stsinner
07-13-2009, 10:22 PM

Good luck with that.

I've been there, too, and, In fact, there are two malls that face each other and the street in between them is owned by the LDS church, so there is no smoking or drinking or PDA's allowed on that street at all...

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 10:24 PM
I've been there, too, and, In fact, there are two malls that face each other and the street in between them is owned by the LDS church, so there is no smoking or drinking or PDA's allowed on that street at atll...

What is the deal with the PDA's?

stsinner
07-13-2009, 10:27 PM

Public Displays of Affection.. They don't want people making out in public.. The LDS church is very modest, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as they own the land.

The same applies while wearing any military uniform of the United States Armed Forces because they want to appear professional..
I see no problem with it..

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I've been there, too, and, In fact, there are two malls that face each other and the street in between them is owned by the LDS church, so there is no smoking or drinking or PDA's allowed on that street at all...

The left does not recognize the right to have private property so the whole concept is lost on them.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 10:28 PM

Damn good question. Why do people feel the need to go around making out in public?

Rockntractor
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Damn good question. Why do people feel the need to go around making out in public?
I thought they were talking about hand held computers. I can't keep up with all these abbreviations.

Gingersnap
07-13-2009, 10:36 PM

But the LDS only want their property rights respected. How can you object to that? How can anyone? If you did, then it would okay for Christians to flood Metropolitan Churches and pray for conversion on their private property.

Name the last time this month that Christians killed gays. Can't do it? Name the last time this month that gays were whipped, beaten, set on fire, or beheaded by Muslims. Use Google if your memory fails you. :rolleyes:

satanica
07-13-2009, 10:39 PM
The fact remains, the christian god wants me murdered. He wants ALL non believers murdered because he is a sick piece of shit. He has also ordered the slaughter and dismemberment of innocent infants because he loves killing kids and raping mothers. It's all in the bible. If god were to appear before me I would slice his fucking evil head off and piss down his neck.

Gingersnap
07-13-2009, 10:50 PM
The fact remains, the christian god wants me murdered. He wants ALL non believers murdered because he is a sick piece of shit. He has also ordered the slaughter and dismemberment of innocent infants because he loves killing kids and raping mothers. It's all in the bible. If god were to appear before me I would slice his fucking evil head off and piss down his neck.

Maybe He does, according to your lights, but He isn't subcontracting and you don't have to leave in fear that his temp staff will kill you with ample government support.

Women and gays in Muslim countries do have to live with that fear every day.

While my God may not like anybody kissing on private property owned by the LDS, He's not going to behead them. A surprising number of other "gods" are way okay with their surrogates doing exactly that.

Shouldn't you be more involved in decrying the large number of forced marriages, female genital mutilations, and adultery/gay executions going on right this minute by a different religion? Wouldn't that be a more important use of your time than objecting to a straight/gay ban on foreplay in a public area?

MrsSmith
07-13-2009, 11:00 PM

Mat 5:43 ∂ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so?

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Luk 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Luk 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Rom 5:11 And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

1Ti 2:1 ∂ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1Ti 2:2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

1Ti 2:3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

And I suppose you're anti-abortion, right? Or do you subscribe to the current theory that an ordinary, fallible, mortal woman knows enough about the infant she carries to choose the time of his or her death?

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 11:04 PM
The fact remains, the christian god wants me murdered. The Christian God said - I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALL MEN SAVED. If you end up any other way it's because your a stupid shitstain. :rolleyes:

Zathras
07-13-2009, 11:07 PM
The Christian God said - I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALL MEN SAVED. If you end up any other way it's because your a stupid shitstain. :rolleyes:

Or because he's not a man but a dickless wonder that has no independent thought, being a brainwashed Obamatron and all.

MrsSmith
07-13-2009, 11:16 PM
The fact remains, the christian god wants me murdered.

Oh, and just to clear up the misconception here...God is the ONLY Being with the right to life and death over every human...whenever you die, He can't have murdered you. It's legally impossible. :)

gator
07-14-2009, 08:19 AM

If that is your understanding of Christianity and you donít understand the context then maybe you don't want to be a Christian. However, if you are really interested in knowing what a Christian is all about then I suggest you spend a little more time with the New Testament and try to understand the New Covenant that was brought by Jesus Christ. It is a message of love and forgiveness.

You just sound like a little hateful bitch that is really not that much interested in learning about anything. Let me guess; you never knew your father and your mother abused you and you hate everything and everybody, right? You are pretty miserable, arenít you?

noonwitch
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM

I'm tolerant of all, including mormons. Have you ever met one in a non-confrontational situation? They are nice people, as are Jehovah's Witnesses. I may not agree with their beliefs or politics, but I also accept that I'm not going to change anyone's mind on any of those matters. I actually like a lot fundamentalists and evangelicals, even though I am a liberal christian.

The part of the Bible I take literally is the Sermon on the Mountain and other teachings from the gospels-not Leviticus or Deutoronomy. Jesus said "Love thy neighbor"-he didn't add any exceptions for anyone, not liberals or conservatives, not gay or straight, not christian, muslim, jew, atheist or pagan. He said to love and pray for our enemies, and those who would mistreat us. He said to forgive those who wrong you. These are good teachings for living in this imperfect world. If you treat people well regardless of your differences with them, you can sleep at night without guilt.

Instead of looking up the atrocities that were allegedly inspired by Jehovah in the Old Testament, try reading Matthew 5-7, or the Psalms of Ascents (120-134, I think). Also, read Marcus Borg's book "Reading the Bible Again For The First Time".

stsinner
07-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm tolerant of all, including mormons. Have you ever met one in a non-confrontational situation? They are nice people, as are Jehovah's Witnesses. I may not agree with their beliefs or politics, but I also accept that I'm not going to change anyone's mind on any of those matters.

I totally agree! My best friend in the Army was a Mormon, and I really admired his family life. He was one of the most dedicated family men I knew, and he was very smart with his money-teachings of his church..
I cherished his friendship, but I did tell him that topics of religion were off-limits because I was not a potential convert. We had a great time together, and I am a better person for knowing him.. He never used profanity, smoked or drank, and when he was around others it rubbed off on them.

satanica
07-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Instead of looking up the atrocities that were allegedly inspired by Jehovah in the Old Testament, try reading Matthew 5-7, or the Psalms of Ascents (120-134, I think). Also, read Marcus Borg's book "Reading the Bible Again For The First Time".

Why don't you look at Matthew 6-5 ? ..you hypocrite.

Rockntractor
07-14-2009, 10:18 AM

It is good to see you doing a little reading Kiki!

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM

Mat 6:5 And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the open streets so that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward.

And what pray tell does this passage have to do with the current discussion kiki?

satanica
07-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Mat 6:5 And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the open streets so that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward.

And what pray tell does this passage have to do with the current discussion kiki?

I would assume you religious hacks go to church.

This PROVES that even your god thinks you are a hypocrite.

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I would assume you religious hacks go to church.

This PROVES that even your god thinks you are a hypocrite.

you are a stupid queef aren't ya. Perhaps you should learn about this fancy word call CONTEXT.

Here is the same verse in CONTEXT:

Mat 6:1 Take care not to do your merciful deeds before men in order to be seen by them. But if not, you have no reward from your Father in Heaven.
Mat 6:2 Therefore, when you do merciful deeds, do not trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3 But you doing merciful deeds, do not let your left know what your right hand does,
Mat 6:4 so that your merciful deeds may be in secret. And your Father seeing in secret Himself will repay you in the open.
Mat 6:6 But you, when you pray, enter into your room and shutting your door, pray to your Father in secret. And your Father seeing in secret will repay you in the open.
Mat 6:7 But when you pray, do not be babbling vain words, as the nations; for they think that they shall be heard in their much speaking.
Mat 6:8 Then do not be like them, for your Father knows what things you have need of before you ask Him.
Mat 6:9 So, then, you should pray this way: Our Father who is in Heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
Mat 6:10 Your kingdom come; Your will be done, as it is in Heaven, also on the earth.
Mat 6:11 Give us today our daily bread,
Mat 6:12 and forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil, for Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory to the ages. Amen.
Mat 6:14 For if you forgive men their deviations, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Mat 6:15 But if you will not forgive men their deviations, neither will your Father forgive your deviations.

satanica
07-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Yesterday you told me that the lord ordered the death of his followers.

Whats the crazy talk today ?

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Yesterday you told me that the lord ordered the death of his followers.

Whats the crazy talk today ?

you really need to stop taking everything out of context. Talking with you is like talking to a 9 year old. :rolleyes:

satanica
07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
you really need to stop taking everything out of context. Talking with you is like talking to a 9 year old. :rolleyes:

Here are your words...

Fucktard - that verse is not talking about unbelievers - it's talking about believers. the YOU talked about here is Israel. He's talking about those WITHIN the body of believers not those without. Perhaps you should read the text. What Website are you using as your source BTW

So, he wants to stone to death the believers, and not the non believers ?

Ya, OK .... And that makes him a better god how .......?

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Here are your words...

Fucktard - that verse is not talking about unbelievers - it's talking about believers. the YOU talked about here is Israel. He's talking about those WITHIN the body of believers not those without. Perhaps you should read the text. What Website are you using as your source BTW

So, he wants to stone to death the believers, and not the non believers ?

Ya, OK .... And that makes him a better god how .......?

Tell me kiki - what law did the mormons violate?

satanica
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Tell me kiki - what law did the mormons violate?

LOL.

God ordered the death of his followers.

Take a bow, the Queen of stupid

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:46 PM
LOL.

God ordered the death of his followers.

Take a bow, the Queen of stupid

God ordered the death of a cancer growing in the body. But lets get back on topic here. :) What law did the Mormon's violate?

satanica
07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
God ordered the death of a cancer growing in the body. But lets get back on topic here. :) What law did the Mormon's violate?

Fuck you. and your evil god.

I would kill that evil fucking god if he had the balls to show himself....fucking coward.

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM

I would kill that evil fucking god if he had the balls to show himself....fucking coward.

Okay if you don't like that question - how about this one? When will you be hitting puberty do you think?

satanica
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Okay if you don't like that question - how about this one? When will you be hitting puberty do you think?

You think the lord ordered the death of his followers. here are your own words.

PoliCon
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM

Do you think it will be hard for you being the only kid your age who has yet to hit puberty?

satanica
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Do you think it will be hard for you being the only kid your age who has yet to hit puberty?

Can you show me one person on this planet that agrees with your idiotc view ?

BadCat
07-14-2009, 02:34 PM

Can you show me one person on this planet that agrees with your idiotc view ?

I fully agree with Poli - on the view that you have yet to reach puberty.

satanica
07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
While my God may not like anybody kissing on private property owned by the LDS, He's not going to behead them. A surprising number of other "gods" are way okay with their surrogates doing exactly that.

Including the christian god

Leviticus 18:22

satanica
07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I fully agree with Poli - on the view that you have yet to reach puberty.

So you think the lord ordered the death of his followers ?

Take a bow you stupid fuck.

BadCat
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
So you think the lord ordered the death of his followers ?

Take a bow you stupid fuck.

You are REALLY A STUPID FUCKING RETARD.
I'm not a "believer" dude, I don't think anybody ordered anything.

Stop autofellating yourself while typing.

Gingersnap
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Including the christian god

Leviticus 18:22

You may want to acquaint yourself with that whole New Covenant thingy when Dancing Your Ass Off goes to a commercial.

satanica
07-14-2009, 04:01 PM
You may want to acquaint yourself with that whole New Covenant thingy when Dancing Your Ass Off goes to a commercial.

But wasn't it the same god ?

Gingersnap
07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
But wasn't it the same god ?

Same God, different covenant. Try to keep up.

gator
07-14-2009, 04:53 PM

I have discovered in my long life that the people that hate God also hate themselves.

I think you are the poster boy for that.

satanica
07-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Same God, different covenant. Try to keep up.

So, you admit that god ordered non believers to death ?

Gingersnap
07-14-2009, 05:32 PM
So, you admit that god ordered non believers to death ?

Nope. God ordered the wicked and destructive put to death from time to time. I like the KJV as much as anybody (and use it every day) but you might want crack open a few other translations.

Meanwhile, back to why it's retarded to fondle your lover (male or female) on private property without explicit permission. :)