PDA

View Full Version : Hold My beer.

Gingersnap
07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Woman tries to kill mice, shoots self

Published: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at 4:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at 6:42 a.m.

A Potter Valley woman wounded herself and a man July 3 while attempting to kill mice with a .44-caliber Magnum revolver, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office.

The woman, 43, had drawn the gun from a holster under her left arm, intending to shoot mice scurrying across the floor of a small travel trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The revolver instead slipped from her hand and fired as it struck the floor, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The bullet went through the woman's right kneecap, then hit keys hanging on the belt loop of a 42-year-old man in the trailer, officials said. The bullet glanced off the keys and tore a hole in the man's pants.

The bullet grazed the man's groin before stopping in his coin pocket, where it was recovered for evidence, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The names of the shooting victims were not released.

-- Glenda Anderson

The story doesn't specifically mention the beer-holding moment but I just know there was one.

Feel Lucky, Punk? (http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080708/NEWS05/807080371/1350&title=Would_be_mice_killer_shoots_self)

Zeus
07-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Must have some big ass mice in Potter valley :eek:

John
07-08-2008, 05:54 PM
One might say that situations such as these call for stricter control of firearms. I, on the other hand, say we should take the warning labels off the packaging and let the problem sort itself out.

DarkScribe
07-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Was it six shots or only five? I have to admit in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself...:D

Great story, GS. I would imagine the beer might've been Milwaukee's Best, perhaps...

lurkalot
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
a handgun for mice? is she NUTS?
everyone knows you have to use a semi-automatic assault rifle for little furries...what kinda idiot would use a handgun?

Gingersnap
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
a handgun for mice? is she NUTS?
everyone knows you have to use a semi-automatic assault rifle for little furries...what kinda idiot would use a handgun?

Personally, I prefer a flamethrower. It's the only way to be sure.

lurkalot
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Personally, I prefer a flamethrower. It's the only way to be sure.

I live in a desert, fire danger is way too high and I for one would never go to the extreme overkill of using a flamethrower. Now that is just being a showoff when a simple AK47 could do the trick.

Gingersnap
07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I live in a desert, fire danger is way too high and I for one would never go to the extreme overkill of using a flamethrower. Now that is just being a showoff when a simple AK47 could do the trick.

It also totally disinfects the kitchen. Have you thought about that, Missy?

lurkalot
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
It also totally disinfects the kitchen. Have you thought about that, Missy?

OMG
cleans and disinfects! awesome, it will cut my housework in half!

LibraryLady
07-08-2008, 10:32 PM
There are some greyt comments:

U mite be a redneck if you go poppin' .44 cal bullets at a house mouse. Instant Karma? Humans - 0, Mouse - 2. You might want to try a mouse trap with peanut butter. I really am surprised the words alcohol and methamphetimine are not also in this article. Geesh!

Listen..Can you hear the banjos playin???

A better mousetrapThat was one magic bullet!
I thought for a minute I'd stumbled on one of those forwarded urban legends with a moral something like "So you think YOU'VE had a bad day?"
And it will be a great story to tell the Social Worker when they try to sign up for IHSS.
I will admit to having once shot a pocket gopher with a 16 g shotgun, but that was after it had eaten half my garden. There was collateral damage. Several zuccinis that the gopher hadn't already eaten died as a result of the violence.

I bet this was the same folks who burnt their boat to a crisp with the fireworks.

The proper thing to use when mouse hunting in the middle of the night is a .410 shotgun with a Maglight duct-taped under the barrel. If it were a Moose scurrying about the trailer then a .44 Mag may only be used to dispatch the Moose in a humane manner if the shotgun didn't kill it. I would like to clarify for the readers that Moose in this sense does not refer to Moose, Elks or Masons of the fraternal order variety.

Looking forward to Labor Day, let's see who can top this or the burning boat.

I think the Mendo County Sheriffs need to look more closely at the mice. I think they may have had something to do with this incident. I think they are also intimidating the victims into telling police this crazy story.

Cmon now y'all dont hunt mice with a .44, wont be nothing left to cook.

bijou
07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
POTTER VALLEY, Calif. A Mendocino County woman who was trying to kill mice in her trailer with a gun ended up shooting herself and another person.

The 43-year-old woman pulled out her .44-caliber Magnum revolver after she saw the mice scurrying across the floor of her trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, sheriff's officials said.

But she accidentally dropped the gun, which went off as it struck the floor. The bullet went through the woman's kneecap, bounced off the keys sitting on the belt loop of a 42-year-old man in the trailer and grazed the man's groin before ending up in his coin pocket.

Authorities did not release the shooting victims' names.

The mice escaped the shooting unharmed.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,378142,00.html

Mouse 2 - People 0

Shannon
07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I think this was the story in the "Hold my Beer" thread.