PDA

View Full Version : Police: Mom Leaves Kids Alone in Maggot-Filled Home

megimoo
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Police: Mom Leaves Kids Alone in Maggot-Filled Home
"At least it's not Florida for a change !"

CYPRESS, Calif. -- A local mother is accused of leaving her two children home alone in a house filled with maggots, knee-high trash and overflowing toilets while she smoked pot with a friend.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-filth-house,0,6011047.story

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Police: Mom Leaves Kids Alone in Maggot-Filled Home
"At least it's not Florida for a change !"

CYPRESS, Calif. -- A local mother is accused of leaving her two children home alone in a house filled with maggots, knee-high trash and overflowing toilets while she smoked pot with a friend.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-filth-house,0,6011047.story

but but but pot isn't bad! Isn't that what the pot heads always say? :rolleyes:

noonwitch
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM

There's something a lot more wrong with that mom than her enjoyment of marijuana.

People who have houses in that bad of shape come in all forms and income brackets. My mom had a friend in California who lived like a slob-her house was full of stuff, she had 3 cats and a dog and she never cleaned anything. The only clean room was her kid's room, and if I had known when we visited what I know now as a CFC worker....

My mom's friend didn't use any drugs and rarely drank. She was mentally ill-her son grew up to be bipolar, so it may genetic. I've had a few cases, mostly as a prevention worker, with people who lived in filth. The mom or dad was usually clinically depressed and needed to get back on medication. Some of them probably used drugs, but not even half of them did. Prevention was a voluntary program. I got one lady's brother and his church's men's group to come over and clean her house for her.

Lanie
07-13-2009, 04:41 PM

You can't blame pot for this one. It's a matter of not caring.

PoliCon
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM

which seems to be a natural result of smoking pot. Hence the lack of bathing, etc amongst potheads.

Teetop
07-13-2009, 04:59 PM
There's something a lot more wrong with that mom than her enjoyment of marijuana.

People who have houses in that bad of shape come in all forms and income brackets. My mom had a friend in California who lived like a slob-her house was full of stuff, she had 3 cats and a dog and she never cleaned anything. The only clean room was her kid's room, and if I had known when we visited what I know now as a CFC worker....

My mom's friend didn't use any drugs and rarely drank. She was mentally ill-her son grew up to be bipolar, so it may genetic. I've had a few cases, mostly as a prevention worker, with people who lived in filth. The mom or dad was usually clinically depressed and needed to get back on medication. Some of them probably used drugs, but not even half of them did. Prevention was a voluntary program. I got one lady's brother and his church's men's group to come over and clean her house for her.

There is a woman, a quite well-off woman in the town I live in, who "collects" everything. I don't mean some things, I mean everything she comes in contact with! She has five homes, I believe. Once she gets one filled full of trash, she buys another and moves in.....lather, rinse, repeat. She has a extended cab Ford that is filled with anything you can imagine! She owns many sections of land, worth millions. I don't know if it's mental illness or just her life experiences....

MrsSmith
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Pot definitely contributes greatly to "not caring."