PDA

View Full Version : Capitol Police shoot, kill man near Capitol campus

SarasotaRepub
07-15-2009, 07:52 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Capitol Police shot and killed a man Wednesday afternoon, near the Capitol campus, a Capitol Hill Police spokeswoman said.

After Capitol Police stopped him for a routine traffic stop, the unidentified man fled in his vehicle, spokeswoman Kimberly Schneider said.

As he drove away, the man struck an officer, who was injured, she said.

The man then drove the wrong way down a one-way street. At some point, he produced a weapon and ignored police commands to drop it, according to Schneider.
Police then shot the suspect, killing him, she said.

LINKY (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/15/dc.capitol.shooting/index.html)

megimoo
07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Capitol Police shot and killed a man Wednesday afternoon, near the Capitol campus, a Capitol Hill Police spokeswoman said.

After Capitol Police stopped him for a routine traffic stop, the unidentified man fled in his vehicle, spokeswoman Kimberly Schneider said.

As he drove away, the man struck an officer, who was injured, she said.

The man then drove the wrong way down a one-way street. At some point, he produced a weapon and ignored police commands to drop it, according to Schneider.
Police then shot the suspect, killing him, she said.

LINKY (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/15/dc.capitol.shooting/index.html)
Some people have reached the breaking point already !

Teetop
07-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Name, mug-shot, anything????

What? Was he? OMG! African-American?

Are we so diluted, to where we can't even see color now?

(I honestly don't care what color the person is. I was just pointing out the bias of the media).

Rockntractor
07-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Name, mug-shot, anything????

What? Was he? OMG! African-American?

Are we so diluted, to where we can't even see color now?

(I honestly don't care what color the person is. I was just pointing out the bias of the media).
The fact that no race was mentioned means he was not of European decent.

linda22003
07-16-2009, 08:22 AM
The cover picture on the Washington Post this morning showed an African American man being taken away on a gurney.
Does it matter? The guy who shot up the Capitol and killed a couple of guards there was white.

Carol
07-16-2009, 04:47 PM
It isn't about what color the person was, it's about the how differently the media treats an incident involving a minority (expecially if black) verses whites when they report negative things.

Teetop
07-16-2009, 05:03 PM
It isn't about what color the person was, it's about the how differently the media treats an incident involving a minority (expecially if black) verses whites when they report negative things.

Bingo!