PDA

View Full Version : Health Care Bill Denies Private Insurance Changes.

danmoran
07-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I was listening to talk radio this morning out of Baltimore, Maryland and one segment out of this 1,106 page Health Care bill was read in regards to what you and I as Americans are going to get. Now, keep in mind that during the Presidential Campaign of 2008; our current President promised that Americans WILL be able to keep their regular family doctors under this plan.

Stopping there, this bill will allow the average American to keep his own doctor...

But for how long?

The bill generally reads that if you have private health care you have the option of keeping it. The health care accompanies your job however. The moment you leave or decide not to carry the insurance after you've moved onto another job, you will LOSE the option to ever choose for private coverage again. As long as you keep your current health care for the remainder of your natural born life, you are entitled to keep it. The moment you move onto another job, or choose to drop it, you also forfeit the right to choose private health care again. You WILL BE subject to Nationalized Socialized Health Care brought to you by the Federal Government.

In the end, the way this bill is written; eventually the Federal Government will move 307 million people who are citizens of the United States of America into Socialized Health Care. Once there you're freedom of choice is forever gone. You will never be privatized again.

Gingersnap
07-16-2009, 09:46 AM
What show and station did you hear this on? :confused:

danmoran
07-16-2009, 09:51 AM
What show and station did you hear this on? :confused:
If you're in Baltimore it was on WCBM - AM Radio. It was broadcast off the Sean and Frank morning show. Now, what you've read of my post is an accurate paraphrase. They read that segment of the bill from the bill itself.

So generally Barack Obama, as a politician goes, keeps his campaign promise because he's never told you about pulling the rug out from under you after its all said and done. This is what he's going to do.

Gingersnap
07-16-2009, 10:29 AM
I can't find anything about this. If it were true, it would be a staggering denial of rights. :(

Gingersnap
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Does ObamaCare outlaw private insurance?

posted at 8:47 am on July 16, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Investors Business Daily’s editors quickly read through the actual legislation of the House health-care reform bill looking for hidden time bombs — and they found a doozy. On page 16 of over a thousand pages of text, they discovered a clause that essentially locks people into their current plan, and locks everyone out of any other plan. Well, presumably the public plan will be an exception.

When we first saw the paragraph Tuesday, just after the 1,018-page document was released, we thought we surely must be misreading it. So we sought help from the House Ways and Means Committee.

It turns out we were right: The provision would indeed outlaw individual private coverage. Under the Orwellian header of “Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage,” the “Limitation On New Enrollment” section of the bill clearly states:

“Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day” of the year the legislation becomes law.

So we can all keep our coverage, just as promised — with, of course, exceptions: Those who currently have private individual coverage won’t be able to change it. Nor will those who leave a company to work for themselves be free to buy individual plans from private carriers.

Surprise! You can, as Obama promised, keep your current coverage — as long as it remains available. However, if your employer stops offering health-care benefits, or if you buy it privately and your insurer cancels your plan, you can’t just pick up another private plan. Enrollments will be closed as of the first day the bill becomes law.

That will have the effect of forcing millions of people into the public plan whether they want it or not. Even worse, if insurers get barred from attracting new customers — which this clause outlaws — then they will eventually see their rolls drained, thanks to the natural flow of the market as employers drop plans and skip the expense of offering medical insurance. It won’t take long at all for insurers to exit the market and leave the field for just the public plan, which will automatically get the customers of each individual insurer as they close up shop.

Does this bill outlaw private insurance? Literally, no, but in practical terms, it makes it an endangered species and creates an American single-payer system by default.

It has to pass first, though, and Blue Dog Democrats say they’ve seen enough:

Centrist Democrats are threatening to oppose their party’s healthcare legislation unless House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) accepts changes that make the bill more to their liking.

Seven Blue Dogs on the House Energy and Commerce Committee have banded together to draft amendments that they’ll co-sponsor in the committee markup, which starts Thursday. Rep. Mike Ross (D-Ark.), the Blue Dogs’ point man on healthcare, says if those changes aren’t accepted, they’ll vote down the bill.

“We cannot support the current bill,” Ross said. “Last time I checked, it took seven Democrats to stop a bill in Energy and Commerce.” …

Blue Dogs think the bill fails to do enough to reduce healthcare costs, jeopardizes jobs with a fee on employers that don’t provide health insurance, and would base a government-run healthcare plan on a Medicare payment system that already penalizes their rural districts.

Michelle has the names to call this week to encourage them to vote against this bill.

This is unreal. These people have no shame left at all. It's time vote every one of these theives right out of office.

Hot Air (http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/16/does-obamacare-outlaw-private-insurance/)

stsinner
07-16-2009, 01:37 PM
There is absolutely nothing good about this bill unless you're an illegal immigrant or welfare recipient. If' you're a working class person who is providing for your family, this bill is bad news all around-you care will be harder to get because 50 million previously uninsured people will suddenly be insured and able to go to doctors, not just the ER, and there will be months-long waits for treatments like arthritis and cancer..

lacarnut
07-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Obama has already put the squeeze on Doctors and Hospitals by reducing payments to them under Medicare. He also has coerced pharma companies to reduce in part the costs to patients who find themselves in the donut hole in Medicare Part D.

The health care bill will eventually crowd out the private sector when they no longer can not make a profit. Government does not care about profit; so the goal of the Democrats is a single payer system and eliminate private insurers. This will create gobs and gobs of new government workers creating inefficiency, higher costs to patients and limited and rationed health care.

linda22003
07-16-2009, 02:24 PM
http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

As to whether page 16ff are as draconian as reported, there is a great deal of bureaucratese to wade through there, and I can't do that right now.

patriot45
07-17-2009, 08:57 AM
The damn libs are low life scum, they will try anything (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=332548165656854) at all to get thier commie agenda filled. Mainly lying and cheating. They suck.

Congress: It didn't take long to run into an "uh-oh" moment when reading the House's "health care for all Americans" bill. Right there on Page 16 is a provision making individual private medical insurance illegal.

When we first saw the paragraph Tuesday, just after the 1,018-page document was released, we thought we surely must be misreading it. So we sought help from the House Ways and Means Committee.

It turns out we were right: The provision would indeed outlaw individual private coverage. Under the Orwellian header of "Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage," the "Limitation On New Enrollment" section of the bill clearly states:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day" of the year the legislation becomes law.

So we can all keep our coverage, just as promised — with, of course, exceptions: Those who currently have private individual coverage won't be able to change it. Nor will those who leave a company to work for themselves be free to buy individual plans from private carriers.

Go read the rest and gag.

stsinner
07-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I hope it gets stopped, but I'm not very optimistic.. America is going down the crapper!! I just hope the next president can undo it, but that would mean putting the thousands of government workers this bill puts to work out of a job and will reflect very negatively. This really sucks.

danmoran
07-23-2009, 10:05 AM
I was listening to talk radio this morning out of Baltimore, Maryland and one segment out of this 1,106 page Health Care bill was read in regards to what you and I as Americans are going to get. Now, keep in mind that during the Presidential Campaign of 2008; our current President promised that Americans WILL be able to keep their regular family doctors under this plan.

Stopping there, this bill will allow the average American to keep his own doctor...

But for how long?

The bill generally reads that if you have private health care you have the option of keeping it. The health care accompanies your job however. The moment you leave or decide not to carry the insurance after you've moved onto another job, you will LOSE the option to ever choose for private coverage again. As long as you keep your current health care for the remainder of your natural born life, you are entitled to keep it. The moment you move onto another job, or choose to drop it, you also forfeit the right to choose private health care again. You WILL BE subject to Nationalized Socialized Health Care brought to you by the Federal Government.

In the end, the way this bill is written; eventually the Federal Government will move 307 million people who are citizens of the United States of America into Socialized Health Care. Once there you're freedom of choice is forever gone. You will never be privatized again.
This bill that the Magic Muslim continues to demand that Congress pass before ending their session of Congress this summer also contains a provision for doctors to perfom assisted suicides. This is an issue that has always been a felony in regards to the people's law. It would be consistent considering that when implementing nationalized health care, it is expected that the government will make the decision on whether you're life is worth saving or whether they'll make the decision to simply send you home to die.

You all remember Doctor Kevorkian. He's sitting behind bars due to his assisted suicides back in the 80s and 90s. Now assisted suicides are expected to be legal?

Is this what America really wants? Do you we really enjoy this maniac being the head of our own government?

satanica
07-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Who really buys into this crap.

"Hey guys ..I heard on a radio show, I forgot who ...but Obama is gonna ...blah blah blah"

Really. Lets be honest now.

linda22003
07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't, and that's why I'm reading the bill. I am unhappy with the obfuscatory style in which it is written, but I read legislation to know what's really in it. You practically have to have ERISA opened in another browser right next to it to make any sense of its references.

satanica
07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I don't, and that's why I'm reading the bill. I am unhappy with the obfuscatory style in which it is written, but I read legislation to know what's really in it. You practically have to have ERISA opened in another browser right next to it to make any sense of its references.

Well, How do you feel about the GOP lying to the American people about their healthcare in order to score political points ?

It goes on and on and on.

satanica
07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
. I am unhappy with the obfuscatory style in which it is written,.

Ya, welcome to the US congress.

linda22003
07-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Ya, welcome to the US congress.

Oh, they're masters of it, all right, when they want to be. I've probably been reading legislation longer than you've been alive, and this one is classic - meaning, in a class of its own. This was deliberate.

satanica
07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh, they're masters of it, all right, when they want to be. I've probably been reading legislation longer than you've been alive, and this one is classic - meaning, in a class of its own. This was deliberate.

But you ARE reading it.

The Patriot Act was passed without anybody reading it....that was also deliberate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdT0RNYoFfM

linda22003
07-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes, it was, and that's a horrible mistake no matter who is doing it.

satanica
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Yes, it was, and that's a horrible mistake no matter who is doing it.

Ummmm, ...Deliberate means that it WASN'T a mistake.

Are we clear ?

Sonnabend
07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Well, How do you feel about the GOP lying to the American people about their healthcare in order to score political points ?

Proof?

The Patriot Act was passed without anybody reading it....that was also deliberate.

And then reauthorised . Funny how they never got around to reading it in the years between.

Just plain lazy would be my guess. By the way, Obama voted FOR the Patriot Act

OOOPSIE.....:D

linda22003
07-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I am, you are not. It is deliberate when either side rushes it through. In terms of the people's interests, it is always a mistake to do so.
You have to run every point down into the ground and just be annoying as hell, don't you? When that happens, I'll simply cease to respond to you at all, and I think others should do the same until you grow up. That ought to give us years of quiet. :)

SarasotaRepub
07-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Ummmm, ...Deliberate means that it WASN'T a mistake.

Are we clear ?

I'm getting a little tired of your attitude. I suggest you lighten up a little.

Don't you have a move to Key West to attend to and scuba products
to market???