PDA

View Full Version : "He's Imploding,His Political Base is Incensed And Up in Arms !"

megimoo
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Obama's Rightward Drift Sparks Outcry from Democrat Abortion Extremists

"Now, I don't think that 'mental distress' qualifies as the health of the mother. I think it has to be a serious physical issue that arises in pregnancy, where there are real, significant problems to the mother carrying that child to term. Otherwise, as long as there is such a medical exception in place, I think we can prohibit late-term abortions."

- Sen. Barack Obama has the Democratic Party's pro-abortion political base incensed and up in arms over recent overtures designed to soften the candidate's image as the party's most pro-abortion presidential candidate ever.

The presumptive nominee has followed recent calls for continuing faith-based initiatives by voicing a position in favor of abstinence education and prohibiting abortion in certain cases.

Sen. Barack Obama has been trying to enhance his appeal to voters by moving closer to the political center at the same time as pro-family and pro-life groups have been drawing attention to his extreme... snip

In an interview in Relevant.com called "Covering God, Life, and Progressive Culture," Obama said that he would support a ban on "late-term abortions" for certain reasons.

"I have repeatedly said that I think it's entirely appropriate for states to restrict or even prohibit late-term abortions as long as there is a strict, well-defined exception for the health of the mother," said Obama.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/jul/08070713.html