PDA

View Full Version : Jesse "The Body" Ventura Versus Al "Sissy Boi" Franken

Gingersnap
07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Jesse Ventura To Run for Senate?
July 09, 2008 9:20 AM

In an interview with NPR's David Welna that ran today former Gov. Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Ind-Minn., sounds like he may run for Senate, challenging incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., whom Ventura defeated for governor in 1998, as well as Democratic nominee and former Saturday Night Live humorist Al Franken.

Ventura, born Jim Janos, tells Welna that the main reason he would run is because of Coleman's support for the war in Iraq. "That's the reason I run," he says. "I run because it angers me...All you Minnesotans take a good hard look at all three of us. And you decide: if you were in a dark alley which one of the three of us would you want with you?

Ventura had a stormy tenure as governor and horrible relations with the Minnesota press corps. Thus, it was the June issue of a local wine magazine where he chose to drop hints about his pending campaign.

"I'm not a politician, I'm a statesman," he told Wineheads. "I do one term, and then I go back to the private sector. If I get back into the fray again this year, it's only because I've been gone five years back to the private sector. That's what I did when I was mayor. That's a statesman. That's not a career politician."

Lord help us if our political choices come down to pro wrestlers and girly comics. :rolleyes:

ABC (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/jesse-ventura-t.html)

asdf2231
07-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Lord help us if our political choices come down to pro wrestlers and girly comics. :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side...

Maybe he'll bust a folding chair over Franken at one of the debates. :D

Gingersnap
07-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Look on the bright side...

Maybe he'll bust a folding chair over Franken at one of the debates. :D

I bet that would work on a lot of lefties. :D

megimoo
07-09-2008, 12:16 PM

Whats better 'Wide Stance Men's Room Homos' or Democrat Congressional Circus clowns ?

Teetop
07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I can attest, Jesse is a no non sense type of guy. He was elected mayor of Brooklyn Park, Mn when I lived there. The incumbent mayor claimed they needed more taxes. Jesse ran on no new taxes pledge. Needless to say, there was a $74million dollar bankroll the city had. Jesse told that to the voters once he found out and the rest is history.

ConJinx
07-09-2008, 03:18 PM
I say Jesse in an interview where he declared he still didn't understand how the third building collapsed on 9/11.I say get this loon in the Senate. He'll fit right in.

LibraryLady
07-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I say Jesse in an interview where he declared he still didn't understand how the third building collapsed on 9/11.I say get this loon in the Senate. He'll fit right in.

I saw that too (LKL?) I used to kind of like Ventura but he came over as a fruitcake on the show I saw.

Goldwater
07-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Ventura doesn't believe in a conspiracy, although he believes there are questions unanswered and things the government aren't being clear about. I'm not really sure what the hell that means.

LibraryLady
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Former Governor Jesse Ventura Says WTC Collapse a Controlled Demolition (http://www.send2press.com/newswire/2008-04-0403-004.shtml)

According to an appearance on the Alex Jones Show, former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura blasted the official 9/11 story - citing that evidence disproves the government's claims that jet fuel melted the Twin Towers' steel girders.

"How could those buildings fall at the speed of gravity - if you put a stopwatch on them both of those World Trade Center buildings were on the ground in ten seconds - how can that be?" asked Ventura. "Never before in the annals of history has a fire caused a steel structure building to fall to the ground like these two did."

Ventura said he was convinced the collapses of the towers and WTC Building 7 were too similar to the controlled demolition of Las Vegas hotels. Ventura has experience with explosives from Basic Underwater Demolition SEAL training and believes unequivocally the buildings were deliberately imploded."I was on the site within two weeks after it happened and I saw none of these pancakes - wouldn't they all be piled up in a huge mass on the ground and yet everything was blown into dust - when you look at it from that aspect none of it makes any sense," Ventura told the Alex Jones Show.

It's on youtube too.

Eyelids
07-10-2008, 01:58 AM
They very well could have demolished WTC 7 to set up a sort of firewall and keep anything from spreading through the city. These are the types of things we are better off being lied to about... there is no way in hell the U.S. government perpetrated those attacks but I'm sure there are some measures they took (shooting down United 93 and blowing up WTC 7) that were wholly necessary and justifiable but would've been hugely unpopular with the public.

marinejcksn
07-10-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh god, here we go with WTC 7 stories again. :rolleyes:

Only good thing Jesse Ventura ever did was his time in the navy SEALS. Other then that, he's a complete a$$-clown.

WTC 7.....I can't believe morons are still bringing up 9/11 conspiracy stories. I'm off to watch the South Park episode on 9/11 right now.:D

AmPat
07-10-2008, 05:25 AM
I told my guys more than 30 minutes before the first building collapsed that it was going to come down; and I'm just an unsophisticated, rural Tennessean. I was walking out to the flight line when they called me back to the office to telll me it had just collapsed.

I then stated the other one was also going to fall but I stayed to watch it. By the time I returned to the aircraft, the airspace was closed. Bad day for all of us.:(

I don't understand why people can't get their minds around this simple fact. The buildings fall at the speed of Gravity Jesse because that is how gravity acts on every object.

They fell because there are three primary materials that work together in a tower that have a synergy; Glass/concrete/ and steel. The glass went immediately. The steel and concrete baked in >2000 degree heat until the steel softens to a point that it sags. It cannot support the massive weight because the glass is gone, the concrete is cracking, and the steel is compromised. Gravity then acts on the weight and it falls.

The combined weight of multiple floors falling onto the lower floors makes those floors collapse to the subsequently lower floors with an ever increasing weight added.

If a simple rural Tennessean from flyover country can understand this, why can't those oh-so-sophisticated liberals?:rolleyes:

marinejcksn
07-10-2008, 06:05 AM
I told my guys more than 30 minutes before the first building collapsed that it was going to come down; and I'm just an unsophisticated, rural Tennessean. I was walking out to the flight line when they called me back to the office to telll me it had just collapsed.

I then stated the other one was also going to fall but I stayed to watch it. By the time I returned to the aircraft, the airspace was closed. Bad day for all of us.:(

I don't understand why people can't get their minds around this simple fact. The buildings fall at the speed of Gravity Jesse because that is how gravity acts on every object.

They fell because there are three primary materials that work together in a tower that have a synergy; Glass/concrete/ and steel. The glass went immediately. The steel and concrete baked in >2000 degree heat until the steel softens to a point that it sags. It cannot support the massive weight because the glass is gone, the concrete is cracking, and the steel is compromised. Gravity then acts on the weight and it falls.

The combined weight of multiple floors falling onto the lower floors makes those floors collapse to the subsequently lower floors with an ever increasing weight added.

If a simple rural Tennessean from flyover country can understand this, why can't those oh-so-sophisticated liberals?:rolleyes:

Because AmPat, that would require libral elites to do one thing they never can: admit they may have flaws. Look at the way Liberals constantly seem to ignore their own history, is it any suprise they gloss this issue over too? We Conservatives and Libertarians are forced to carry the sins of our past like an albatross, Liberals on the other hand choose to either simply ignore and deny, or in the case of hardcore Leftists wear it on their sleeve as a badge of honor. Libs forget they were the party of Jim Crow, the Black Panthers, Domestic Terrorism, Eugenics, Collapsing economies, the list could go on for PAGES.

Side note: Which airframe do you work with? My unit is a Heavy Helicopter squadron, flying the CH-53D Sea Stallion.:cool:

AmPat
07-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Because AmPat, that would require libral elites to do one thing they never can: admit they may have flaws. Look at the way Liberals constantly seem to ignore their own history, is it any suprise they gloss this issue over too? We Conservatives and Libertarians are forced to carry the sins of our past like an albatross, Liberals on the other hand choose to either simply ignore and deny, or in the case of hardcore Leftists wear it on their sleeve as a badge of honor. Libs forget they were the party of Jim Crow, the Black Panthers, Domestic Terrorism, Eugenics, Collapsing economies, the list could go on for PAGES.

Side note: Which airframe do you work with? My unit is a Heavy Helicopter squadron, flying the CH-53D Sea Stallion.:cool:

AH-64D. Not quite as big but with attitude.:eek:

Goldwater
07-10-2008, 07:18 AM
A lot of building and rubble falls on WTC 7 in the video anyway, it is obvious.

marinejcksn
07-10-2008, 07:30 AM
AH-64D. Not quite as big but with attitude.:eek:

Sweet Jesus, the Apache Longbow? No freakin way! That helo is so badass. We got AH-1W Super Cobras here, god I love attack helicopters. :D

Do the soviets even have an attack helo that can compete with ours anymore? A couple of my officers got a chance to fly the Hind and said they were really unimpressed. I heard it's a major POS.:p

Goldwater
07-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Do the soviets even have an attack helo that can compete with ours anymore? A couple of my officers got a chance to fly the Hind and said they were really unimpressed. I heard it's a major POS.:p

Thats a pretty old model now though. :p

Teetop
07-10-2008, 10:39 AM

WTC7 was built over a Con-Ed transformer, something the conspiracy theorist fails to remember or mention.

Cold Warrior
07-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Getting back on track, I saw "The Body" on CNN this morning and he promises a decision early next week. His anti-war stance could draw votes from Franken, while his generally libertarian stance could draw them from Coleman. I hope he does run, as he always adds a bit of color. Plus, this thread gives me the opportunity to post another homey exotic picture, just for Abner...

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/3025/jessevm.jpg

Elspeth
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
They very well could have demolished WTC 7 to set up a sort of firewall and keep anything from spreading through the city. These are the types of things we are better off being lied to about... there is no way in hell the U.S. government perpetrated those attacks but I'm sure there are some measures they took (shooting down United 93 and blowing up WTC 7) that were wholly necessary and justifiable but would've been hugely unpopular with the public.

Something we agree on: Flight 93 that crashed in PA was most likely shot down. My belief is that it wasn't until then that the military got permission to shoot down a plane with American civilians, and that it was only the certainty that the plane was headed toward another Washington DC landmark (after the Pentagon was hit) that caused the permission to be given.

Interesting that you don't believe in MIHOP or LIHOP.

AmPat
07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Sweet Jesus, the Apache Longbow? No freakin way! That helo is so badass. We got AH-1W Super Cobras here, god I love attack helicopters. :D

Ka-50 HOKUM / Black Shark / Werewolf
The KA-50 is a state-of-the-art and powerful battle helicopter which is in limited service with the Russian Air Force. This aircraft is not fielded. Only a handful of prototypes exist, and it has not yet been approved for full-scale production. There are two versions of the Hokum. The Ka-50 Hokum-A is a single seat close support helicopter and the Ka-52 Hokum-B two seat trainer and combat version.
http://i34.tinypic.com/23s93ba.jpg

marinejcksn
07-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Ka-50 HOKUM / Black Shark / Werewolf
The KA-50 is a state-of-the-art and powerful battle helicopter which is in limited service with the Russian Air Force. This aircraft is not fielded. Only a handful of prototypes exist, and it has not yet been approved for full-scale production. There are two versions of the Hokum. The Ka-50 Hokum-A is a single seat close support helicopter and the Ka-52 Hokum-B two seat trainer and combat version.
http://i34.tinypic.com/23s93ba.jpg

I remember seeing this a little while ago while I was looking up attack helicopters online. It's a pretty sweet design, with what seems to be a fairly impressive combat payload. Though it does fall under the usual visual trap of Soviet made military equipment: It's just not as sexy as a Cobra or Apache.
:D

AmPat
07-12-2008, 05:16 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/1zn6520.jpg

LibraryLady
07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
From DU but you get the picture:

CatWoman Donating Member (1000+ posts)Mon Jul-14-08 10:07 PM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3619120)
Jesse Ventura Tells Larry King That He Is Not Running For Senate In Minnesota (VIDEO)

Jesse Ventura announced on Larry King Live Monday that he would not be running for Senate from Minnesota (although he reserved the right to change his mind if God came and told him to run between Monday and the filing deadline Tuesday at 5pm).

Watch Ventura's announcement:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/14/jesse-ventura-...

LibraryLady
07-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Former governor Jesse Ventura, who is a member at the TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, site of the 3M Championship, showed up at the course Thursday to play in a pro-am driving his Porsche with a sticker on the back window that read 9-11 was an inside job.

Ventura left the course to do an interview with the Middle East network Al Jazeera.

I prefer Al Jazeera to the Minnesota media, Ventura said. Ill talk to them; I wont talk to you.

stranger and stranger