PDA

View Full Version : The Mongolian Death Worm

patriot45
07-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Graboids?! (http://epos257.cz/?lng=en&s=works&t=/olgoj)

The Mongolian Death Worm, known to Mongolia’s nomadic tribesmen as the allghoi khorkhoi (sometimes given as allerghoi horhai or olgoj chorchoj) or ‘intestine worm’ for its resemblance to a sort of living cow’s intestine. It is said to be red in colour, and is sometimes described as having darker spots or blotches, and sometimes said to bear spiked projections at both ends. They are said to be thick bodied and between 2 and 5 feet long. snip.....
:eek:
The creature is reported to be able to spray an acid like substance that causes death instantly. It is also claimed that this creature has the ability to kill from a distance with some sort of super charged electrical charge. Numerous Mongolians have reported seeing this creature including a Mongolian Premier. The creature is reported to hibernate during most of the year except for June and July when it becomes active.

It is believed that touching any part of the worm will bring instant death, and its venom supposedly corrodes metal. Local folklore also tells of a predilection for the color yellow and local parasitic plants such as the Goyo. It is also believed that the worm likes to get out on the ground generally after the rain, when the ground is still wet.

The death worm!
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/mongolian-death-worm.jpg

relative of the graboid?
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/wp-grabiod1-m.jpg

Gingersnap
07-21-2009, 12:38 PM
As long as it stays in Mongolia, it's all good. :D

marv
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/mongolian-death-worm.jpg

I thought they were only found on the planet Dune......http://users.mo-net.com/mcruzan/avatars/scratchhead.gif

PoliCon
07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
So now we know were shannon came from . . . .

Gingersnap
07-21-2009, 01:10 PM
So now we know were shannon came from . . . .

You are so gonna pay for that one. :p

PoliCon
07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
You are so gonna pay for that one. :p

Hey - I'm not the one who called her FAT! :p

noonwitch
07-21-2009, 04:12 PM
As long as it stays in Mongolia, it's all good. :D

Eventually, college students will find a way to get high from them and they will start to import them.

Dan D. Doty
07-22-2009, 10:05 AM
There have been a few expeditions out looking for this creature from the U.S. and other countries.

This Death Worm isn't new, we've had reports for many years. Laterly scientest have come to believe it might be a limbless reptile. I believe if a party is too big, it won't show itself. The tribes have told outsiders that this creature is capable of killing camels.

Rockntractor
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
It is also claimed that this creature has the ability to kill from a distance with some sort of super charged electrical charge
Perhaps we could use them to power hybrid cars. They could sit in the passenger side and you could drive in the commuter lane. Have a problem with a road rage driver. Just sick death worm on them and they will become fuel! Cell phone abusers, bicycles, will work for food please help. All of these could become cheap renewable energy.

djones520
07-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I think the show Monsterquest did a search for these. Took them something like two days of travel through extremely remote regions to get to the area the latest sitings had come from. A village that had been completely abandoned because of them. They didn't really find a lot of evidence for a lot of the myths about these, but there was something out there that they where unable to catch on camera.

The Almas are another "mythilogical" creature from Mongolia that I'd love to find out more about. It's been hypothesized that their a survivng clan of Neanderthal.

Sabeda
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I was glad to see your post, Alpha. Of all the cryptozoological/cryptozoic species rumored to exist, I think the Mongolian Death Worm is among the more credible possibilities. I think it is likely to spit acid, but less likely to be "electric", as that characteristic is much more rare & specialized.

BadCat
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I was glad to see your post, Alpha. Of all the cryptozoological/cryptozoic species rumored to exist, I think the Mongolian Death Worm is among the more credible possibilities. I think it is likely to spit acid, but less likely to be "electric", as that characteristic is much more rare & specialized.

Who is "Alpha"?

djones520
08-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Who is "Alpha"?

Maybe Patriot goes by another name on another forum?

patriot45
08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Maybe Patriot goes by another name on another forum?

Haha! No clue! Maybe I'm the "Alpha" male in this thread! :cool:

megimoo
08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Perhaps we could use them to power hybrid cars. They could sit in the passenger side and you could drive in the commuter lane. Have a problem with a road rage driver. Just sick death worm on them and they will become fuel! Cell phone abusers, bicycles, will work for food please help. All of these could become cheap renewable energy.
Could they be trained to digest liberals ? If so send a dozen or so to the Capitol Rotunda while the Congress is in session !

lacarnut
08-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Could they be trained to digest liberals ? If so send a dozen or so to the Capitol Rotunda while the Congress is in session !

We need thousands of those suckers to get rid of the DC trash. :rolleyes::)