PDA

View Full Version : Docs Demand Apology From Obama.

Gingersnap
07-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Doctors demand Obama apology

Pitching government control, President falsely accuses doctors of conspiring to make children sicker

WASHINGTON -- Dr. Richard S. Kerr, M.D., a West Virginia Libertarian Party member and a retired doctor with 36 years experience, asked President Barack Obama Thursday to apologize for comments made in his Wednesday night press conference accusing doctors of conspiring to make children sicker for profits.

“President Obama should be ashamed of himself for trying to scare Americans into supporting his government takeover of medicine by falsely accusing doctors of making children sicker. I have never heard a more disgusting or blatantly phony conspiracy theory. We treat our patients with the respect, care and concern you will never find in Obama’s government-run rationed care bureaucracy,” said Dr. Kerr.

“On behalf of my colleagues, I respectfully ask President Obama to apologize for such a slanderous lie and ask him to stop engaging in sickening conspiracy theories to push his government-run scheme. These cheap scare tactics are beneath the dignity of the office of The President and perfectly illustrate why more and more Americans are losing faith in Barack Obama.”

In his Wednesday night press conference, Obama claimed, “…you come in and you've got a bad sore throat, or your child has a bad sore throat or has repeated sore throats, the doctor may look at the reimbursement system and say to himself, you know what, I make a lot more money if I take this kid's tonsils out.”

“For President Obama’s information, pediatricians do not perform tonsillectomies. If he doesn’t know that, then he has no business centrally planning your family’s health care,” said Dr. Kerr.

For more information on this issue, or to arrange an interview with the Libertarian Party, please call Director of Communications Donny Ferguson at 703-200-3669 or 202-333-0008, x. 225, or email Donny.Ferguson@lp.org.

I saw the clip where he was essentially accusing doctors of ripping out tonsils instead of providing cheaper allergy medicine.

Now, I don't even have kids but even I know that a kid can't get their tonsils out today unless they have like 5 incidents of strep in one year. Obama may have gone to Harvard for his law degree but it's clear that his medical training came from Bob's House O' Sheepskins.

LP (http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/doctors-demand-obama-apology)

Lars1701a
07-23-2009, 05:27 PM
When are people going to learn there is plenty of room under that bus?

On edit: it never fails to surpise me if you go against the magic negro he will chuck you under said bus.

stsinner
07-23-2009, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Gingersnap;160856]
Now, I don't even have kids but even I know that a kid can't get their tonsils out today unless they have like 5 incidents of strep in one year. /QUOTE]

That's exactly right! They pretty much don't remove tonsils any more, except in extreme cases.. He's a lying pig that uses fear tactics and lies to push his agenda and scare people into going along..

satanica
07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Some more of the repsone to the speech by the site you linked to...

Scrap unneeded and unnecessary regulations that keep life-saving drugs and treatments off the market. Such regulations are often supported by health care lobbyists and are intended to freeze out competing products and companies

The libertarians are against ALL regulations, even for the drugs we take. They also think all enviromental regulations should be removed.

Free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems

That site goes on and on and on..

Gingersnap
07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Some more of the repsone to the speech by the site you linked to...

Scrap unneeded and unnecessary regulations that keep life-saving drugs and treatments off the market. Such regulations are often supported by health care lobbyists and are intended to freeze out competing products and companies

The libertarians are against ALL regulations, even for the drugs we take. They also think all enviromental regulations should be removed.

Free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems

That site goes on and on and on..

LOL! I am a Libertarian. Everybody here knows this. :p

Elspeth
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM

By philosophy or are you actually registered Libertarian? I've actually been thinking about it--that's why I am asking.

Rockntractor
07-23-2009, 05:48 PM
In oklahoma if you are not dem or rep you register independent. You can become a supporting member by going to the libertarian website. and they will send you a card by mail.
https://www.lp.org/membership/thankyou

Elspeth
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
In oklahoma if you are not dem or rep you register independent. You can become a supporting member by going to the libertarian website. and they will send you a card by mail.
https://www.lp.org/membership/thankyou

Hey, there's one for CA. Thanks.

http://www.lp.org/states/California

Gingersnap
07-23-2009, 05:53 PM
By philosophy or are you actually registered Libertarian? I've actually been thinking about it--that's why I am asking.

Registered, card-carrying type for years and years. The LP isn't perfect by any means but it accords more with my philosophical stance than the other two parties.

I'd rather run the risks of liberty than be shut up in the nanny state's barn. ;)

Lars1701a
07-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Registered, card-carrying type for years and years. The LP isn't perfect by any means but it accords more with my philosophical stance than the other two parties.

I'd rather run the risks of liberty than be shut up in the nanny state's barn. ;)

How's that going for you?

Rockntractor
07-23-2009, 06:00 PM

The Libertarian party is a magnet for hot talented people!

Lars1701a
07-23-2009, 06:06 PM
The Libertarian party is a magnet for hot talented people!

Now you are kissing ass :);)

Rockntractor
07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Now you are kissing ass :);)

I was talking abou me. And Ginger of course!:D

Lars1701a
07-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I was talking abou me. And Ginger of course!:D

My bad :)

Gingersnap
07-23-2009, 09:11 PM
How's that going for you?

On the local level, surprising well. It's kind of shocking how much support we get at the city/county level and these people will naturally go on to higher offices.

Teetop
07-23-2009, 11:24 PM

I love it, Gingersnap. DUmbass replied a 4:38pm, you at 4:40pm and the moron hasn't been back, since you bitch-slapped it. :rolleyes: