PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson apologizes for comments critical of Obama

LibraryLady
07-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Jesse Jackson apologizes for comments critical of Obama

(CNN) — The Rev. Jesse Jackson issued an apology to Barack Obama Wednesday for criticizing the Illinois senator's recent comments directed toward some members of the black community.

According to Jackson, a Fox News microphone picked up comments he meant to deliver privately that seemed to disparage the presumptive Democratic nominee for appearing to lecture the black community on morality.

"For any harm or hurt that this hot mic private conversation may have caused, I apologize," Jackson said in a statement issued to CNN. "My support for Senator Obama’s campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal. I cherish this redemptive and historical moment."

"My appeal was for the moral content of his message to not only deal with the personal and moral responsibility of black males, but to deal with the collective moral responsibility of government and the public policy which would be a corrective action for the lack of good choices that often led to their irresponsibility," Jackson also said.

developing (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/07/09/jesse-jackson-apologizes-for-comments-critical-of-obama/#more-8505)

ConJinx
07-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Why didn't Jesse tell him all this in spanish. So did The Rev. ever apologize for saying Barry wasn't black enough.

LibraryLady
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
CNN won't play it (says it's too raunchy) but Fox is. WOW!

Daioly Kos is unhappy! (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/7/9/16840/66397)

BREAKING: Rev.Jackson:"Cut Obama's Nuts!", attacks Obama. Distressed, says "sorry"
by karpaty lviv
Wed Jul 09, 2008 at 01:24:50 PM PDT
Look like Rev. Jackson got in the hot waters.

Drudge reports that (bolds in the original)

REV. JESSE JACKSON APOLOGIZES TO SEN. BARACK OBAMA FOR 'CRUDE AND HURTFUL COMMENTS' CAUGHT BY OPEN MIC... CNN DESCRIBES AS 'UGLY WORDS,' 'VERY, VERY DISPARAGING'; JACKSON IN 'DEEP DISTRESS'
CNN refused to play the tape due to its content. But there is one "news" oraganization that will. Yeah, you guessed it right, its Faux:

FOX NEWS IN POSSESSION OF TAPE AND WILL PLAY IN ENTIRETY TONIGHT ON 'O'REILLY', 'HANNITY AND COLMES'
Obama had no comment.

SarasotaRepub
07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Awwwww...the poor widdle KOS Kids. :D

REV. JESSE JACKSON SLAMS OBAMA, WANTS TO 'CUT HIS N**S OUT'

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It be soundin like there is no luv lost between Jesse and Osama!!!!

megimoo
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Awwwww...the poor widdle KOS Kids. :D

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It be soundin like there is no luv lost between Jesse and Osama!!!!He won't let him scam him !

SarasotaRepub
07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Mr. O'Reilly is on !!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

LibraryLady
07-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Jesse Jackson better look out for a bus headed his way!!

This may be planned to separate O and JJ.

SarasotaRepub
07-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Rev. Al was just on Hannity and for all his attempts to deflect the questions
I think he was really pissed he was there defending Jesse.

Priceless!!!:D

They played some of Jesse's "I'm Sorry" speech. He said he thinks his relationship
with Obama will survive this. Well not if he does cut his wa wa's off! :D

And I don't think Mrs. O would be too happy with that either!!
:eek:

AmPat
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
According to Jackson, a Fox News microphone picked up comments he meant to deliver privately that seemed to disparage the presumptive Democratic nominee for appearing to lecture the black community on morality.
Why doesn't the "Reverend" lecture his community on this? I guess he's OK with the state of morals in the Black community.;)

"For any harm or hurt that this hot mic private conversation may have caused, I apologize," Jackson said in a statement issued to CNN. "My support for Senator Obama’s campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal. I cherish this redemptive and historical moment."
Apologizing for the "Harm or Hurt" but not backing off his words. This tells me he mean't every word he spoke.

Anything to damage control. We wouldn't want to further harm B.O.'s chances to occupy the positionn to which he is not qualified nor ready, only because HE"S BLACK!!!!:cool:

marinejcksn
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I heard that news this morning riding the Iraqi bus, AFN radio wouldn't play Jesse's comments either. Guess they figure Marines can't handle the word "N*ts". :rolleyes:

This story is hilarious, I always knew ol Jesse really hated those in the Black community who speak better then him on the issues they face and Hell, I don't even like Obama! Remember how bad people like Jackson and the radical left crapped all over Bill Cosby for telling young Black males they need to take responsibility for their families and community? Every Daily Kos'er in town was all over Cosby, essentially treating him as if he "betrayed' his race by speaking the Gods honest truth. But then suddenly when Barry says basically the same thing he's touted as this "visionary". What a joke. I swear, the drive-bys in the Lamestream Media have their heads so far up Barry's *ss I can't tell where he ends and they begin.

SAMSPADE
07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
CNN won't play it (says it's too raunchy) but Fox is. WOW!

Daioly Kos is unhappy! (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/7/9/16840/66397)I heard the tape and Fox omitted the word used but as always the moonbats will complain that is not good enough.

Gingersnap
07-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I wasn't aware that "nuts" was such an incendiary term. It's fairly mild compared to what I sometimes hear on DTV. :confused:

biccat
07-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Even Fox bleeped the word "nuts." What's so offensive about the low hanging fruit of the man tree?

I also think it's hilarious when these things get reported. The speaker gives the impression that it was only a slip of the tongue that happened. In actuality, Jackson wouldn't be apologizing if he hadn't been caught red handed. Substance means nothing to politicians, only appearance.

Teetop
07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Bad visual, VERY BAD VISUAL!

:eek:

ReaganForRus
07-10-2008, 11:09 AM
So I guess General McAuffie's response to the Germans at Bastogne in the Battle of the Bulge can never be uttered over the air?

CT Republican
07-10-2008, 11:40 AM
So drudge had me giddy to see Oreilly last night but honestly I was disappointed. Oreilly said that they had a lot more commentary caught on tape of Jackson talking smack but they weren't going to release it because "we're not out to destroy him". Cmon man! I want to know what else he said! This has to be leaked out there somewhere. Anyone have that transcript perhaps?

In a side note there was this guy on the factor last night with really ugly glasses (forgot his name) every once in a while his eyes would bug out of his head. I couldn't help but notice so i took a picture with my cellphone with the TV paused and here it is. :eek: It's often the simple things in life that crack me up the most.

CTRepub

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/2655299719_3d4bd2e475_o.jpg

Odysseus
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Why doesn't the "Reverend" lecture his community on this? I guess he's OK with the state of morals in the Black community.;)

Is his love child available for comment? :D

Apologizing for the "Harm or Hurt" but not backing off his words. This tells me he meant every word he spoke.
Anything to damage control. We wouldn't want to further harm B.O.'s chances to occupy the positionn to which he is not qualified nor ready, only because HE"S BLACK!!!!:cool:

Obama's being black probably really irritates Jesse. Now, when the media wants the "black" position on an issue, they go straight to the candidate and Jesse has been relegated to the same role as every other failed Democratic primay challenger.

Jesse's contrition is more along the lines of, "Uh, sir, now that you're going to be the party nominee, and possibly the president, with control over all of the goodies, I'd hate it if my intemperate remarks kept my fingers out of the pie, so please accept my sincerest apology in the spirit in which I mean it, so that I can rake it in along with the rest of the brothers." Of course, if Obama loses, Jesse will be the first one to claim that he lost because he wasn't authentically black enough to win, and that the Democrats must nominate a black man who more truly represents, at which point a neon arrow will light up onstage and point to Jesse.

enslaved1
07-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I love how libs say stuff and then when it goes badly (see Dixie Chicks) apologize. Personally, they would score a couple of respect points by NOT apologizing and admitting to the way they feel, instead of copping out. But such actions require backbones and convictions.

Lager
07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Jackson's worried that his politics of victim hood may be threatened. Imagine if a black dude is actually elected President, and especially one speaking the truth of personal responsibility, Jackson's power will be gone for good. You know everyone speaks of the dangers Obama faces from possible whites wanting to do him in, I think he needs to worry more about his own race wanting him out.

namvet
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Jackson said he wants to cut Osama's nuts off

video (video)

LibraryLady
07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Mr. O'Reilly is on !!!!

He said they won't play all of it and gossip is that Jackson used the "n" word.
When asked, Jackson said he didn't recall.:rolleyes:

AmPat
07-11-2008, 05:17 AM

Meaning I-do-recall-but-this-is-a-politically-correct-way-of-getting-away-with-an-outright-lie-because-I-don't-have-the-guts-or-the-morals-to-admit-I'm-not-only-a-POS-but-I'm-not-really-a-Reverend-either.

Elspeth
07-11-2008, 09:42 AM

It's only bad when white people use the n-word. You know that.:cool:

Elspeth
07-11-2008, 11:24 AM

Who said that Jackson used the n-word?

BEG
07-11-2008, 12:01 PM

I think she means Bill O'Reilly?!?

LibraryLady
07-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Breaking: What Else Jesse Jackson Said on That FNC Tape

Jackson_7_16.jpgExclusive: TVNewser has been sent the transcript of what Jesse Jackson said Sunday morning July 6, as he prepared for an interview on Fox & Friends Weekend. Below is the partial transcript we received in our tips box, and confirmed to be authentic by Fox News Channel representatives.

Barack...he's talking down to black people...telling ns how to behave.

So, yes. Jesse Jackson did use the "N" word. But it was not directed at Barack Obama. Fox News and Bill O'Reilly have maintained there was more on the tape, but that the un-aired portion was not relevant to the issue at hand: about whether Obama was "talking down" to the black community.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/breaking_what_else_jesse_jackson_said_on_that_fnc_ tape_89392.asp

Molon Labe
07-16-2008, 04:16 PM
And these are the leaders the black community has to count on.

but Jesse has to apologize...can't have any division in the party ya know..:rolleyes:

lacarnut
07-16-2008, 05:53 PM
When you get a bunch of monkeys running around hooting and hollering, you know the circus is not far behind.